Diablo 3 Vs. POE

D3 and PoE are targeting different types of player.

Both games have their strengths but to compare a supposedly finished D3 with an unfinished PoE is perhaps not appropriate.

Consider the case of a race between a cart horse and very fast car. The carthorse will win every race until the car has its wheels and motor installed etc. THis isn't to say that the horse should be rejected as it also has advantages over the car even when finished. Lower petrol consumption for one!

Let's leave the comparisons until PoE is out of bet and released. Comparisons then may be a little more valid.

Can't speak about D3 from experience though, it didn't (and doesn't) meet my requirements so I'm not interested in purchasing/playing it, even as a freebie.
Subj> PoE.
I played 2 wizards in D3 hardcore.

I got to 54 with the first one and didn't experience any lag until one moment I disconnected. I died. I restarted, got to 56 and the exact same thing happened. I was pissed, but whatever. It happens.

Then, I realized that I didn't care to make another character again, so I stopped playing. Why people are still playing that game beyond a few playthroughs is beyond me.

D3 is a good game to play through a few times, but it just doesn't have the end game feel to it that I got from D2 (yea some people say D2 doesn't have an end game, but it definitely did for me). I also hated the skill system in D3. It's one of the things that ruined it's replayability for me.
"
Basinx wrote:
Removed by Admin

Burn
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
(Deleted Spam)
@ FireSkull

Since I haven't played D3 I can't comment on it, but I agree with you that PoE is the spiritual successor to D1 and D2 at least.

GGG have got it right, and from what I can gather Blizz have gone down a different track. D3 may be O.K. for some but not for old-time players who like to do things their own way and stand or fall by the results.

I suppose being Australian I can relate to PoE. It's not what you were when you landed, marauder, witch whatever - its all about what you may become, and that's up to you. Addictive.
(Deleted Spam)
"
Fuinadan wrote:
PoE 100%

D3 has no endgame .. see the "Jay Wilson doubled it" meme-thread ^^

Atmosphere in D3 feels like comic for kids (as well it should, considering their aim) - PoE feels dark and creepy, much more my style

RMAH .. need we say anything about that? money first... bad move Bli$$ard^^

and then - underdog bonus!! i feel much better paying for a closed beta access of some indie studio's first release than flushing 60$ down the toilet to beta test a sequel thats just meant to be a cash cow ;)

list is endless^^ i quit here - gotta kill some mobs :D

that post was just too awsome hahahaha completely agreed including the part with "gotta kill some mobs"
"
Josephoenix wrote:
Diablo 3 is permanently "broken"... no need to go into details..would take days to express all the problems. Go read their forums for a small taste.

GGG seems to be taking their time and putting in the necessary effort to make PoE the best game they possibly can.

I give it to PoE hands down.

7 days ago I requested the permanent deletion of my battlenet account (all WoW chars, D3 etc)...18 yr marriage down the tubes thx to D3...so perhaps I'm a little biased....How does a butterfly spewing fairy kill Cain the last of the horadrim??? seriously???..k I'm done lol

dude no

if your gonna get your account erased you might as well go out with a ban might you not?
BIG RESPECT for G3!!!

PoE is very nice and beautiful game!!!

gameplay PoE > than blizz dollars

Good job G3...This is a serious approach to fans

thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info