Diablo 3 Vs. POE

Man

the worst part of it is watching the Developers basically beg the community to give them a chance/time to unfuck everything. It's like. No. You lost your chance. Go away and I hope you die.
Diablo 3 > POE
"
nlvheerr wrote:
Diablo 3 > POE

I really hope that was a typo. If not I would really like to hear why you like D3 more than Path of Exile. God I just cringed typing that just now. Talking about D3 makes me feel ill. Giving me flash backs to the boring item grind. Spending hours grinding for absolutely nothing. Path of Exile doesn't deserve to be compared to such a pathetic game that isn't even a real ARPG. If any comparison is going to be made then how about to TL2 and then Grim Dawn once it comes out, and then those games aren't even always online so I don't think there is a decent game to compare it to.

Edit: Oh I just noticed that your not in the beta. Now it all makes sense.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 13, 2012, 7:16:41 AM
After playing POE for some time and really enjoying it I just started Diablo3 again thinking: "D3 was not that bad... was it? Lets give it another try"

Patching..
Logging in..
Chosing a character..
AND-IN-GAME->ESC->EXIT DIABLO 3!!!

"OMG WTF was that just NOW?? I dont even.. I NEVER want to see it EVER AGAIN!!!!"

Its so much uglier then I remembered.
The Kindergarten-graphics just destroy everything!!
And I really just decided for myself to never play that game ever again.
"
Josephoenix wrote:
Diablo 3 is permanently "broken"... no need to go into details..would take days to express all the problems. Go read their forums for a small taste.

GGG seems to be taking their time and putting in the necessary effort to make PoE the best game they possibly can.

I give it to PoE hands down.

7 days ago I requested the permanent deletion of my battlenet account (all WoW chars, D3 etc)...18 yr marriage down the tubes thx to D3...so perhaps I'm a little biased....How does a butterfly spewing fairy kill Cain the last of the horadrim??? seriously???..k I'm done lol

18 years bro... Damn...

"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
DaleWinters wrote:
Man

the worst part of it is watching the Developers basically beg the community to give them a chance/time to unfuck everything. It's like. No. You lost your chance. Go away and I hope you die.

Dale your just making too much sense right now.
Standard Forever
After playing POE for so long I eventually tried out D3 again once the patch 1.05 hit (have not played since 1.2).

Now I think POE is great and is much better/complex game than D3 in most ways but I find a few things D3 has that most other companies can't really compete with (this includes TL 2 although it did prove a decent rival).

Flipping on the game after so long I found the animation and effects to be largely superior. The gore and different monster deaths are all there although buried under the cartoony looks. The variation of enemies are quite cool too and I can't stress how awesome it was to actually have pants! The tech design team did pretty well sadly they had to follow Jay Wilson's team of lemming's art direction. Sadly everything else about the game was still a ten tonne of crap. So after 20 mins I was done with it.

I am not sure if there is any chance for redemption with D3. I found TL2 to be much superior in terms of loot and level design. POE has the massive passive skill tree and skill gems and the plethora of builds available (although it does somewhat makes choosing a class pointless) and its nostalgic sensibilities to D2.

However, there is a whole lot of revisions and content needed in the game and the animations of your character needs more fluidity to its movements.

What was the point of this: None. Although I do find there were a few enhancements made to the game mechanics in D3 that I have been marginally spoiled by (mostly the the auto gold pick up and the use of left and right click functions during vendoring).

"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
DaleWinters wrote:
Man

Dale you're just making too much sense right now.

I agree entirely, no sarcasm even.
Was looking forward to D3 more than anything,
now I'm glad I didn't have money for it before seeing reviews and asking friends that got it.
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
I am just sad that a sequel of a such good game like D2 failed to entertain everyone when it comes out, so many good memories, so many happiness back then all comes with a big disappointment. POE is the closest to what we expected for D3 with most of the people, and I am impressed with all the job GGG has done, the game is very well polished, and it was well designed and balanced as well.
Cheers dev team!
"
Fartfinder wrote:

The variation of enemies are quite cool too and I can't stress how awesome it was to actually have pants!

POE needs pants indeed :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info