Diablo 3 Vs. POE

Both have potential. Only one is actually giving 100% effort to be the best of it's genre. (PoE ofc)

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
for me it's got to be PoE, simply because of its depth
IGN: SkullBlowjobs
PoE
The potential of the skill tree in PoE is going to make it a much deeper experience and cater to the less "casual" crowd, if you're so inclined to call it that.

I, for one, welcome the enormous amount of possibilities in builds.

Also the skill system with the linking and so on is very intriguing.
Last edited by Justiciable on Aug 3, 2012, 9:26:02 PM
POE is much better than Diablo 3. I have 2 accounts of D3. That's a s.... game, you can't really enjoy the gameplay of old diablo.
- I'm not a genius, why should I suffer?
(Homer Simpson)
So far i am really loving PoE.HURRY UP AND FINISH IT GGG! lol but seriously,lately with D3 I've been getting constantly disconnected because something on Blizzard's end is screwing up. I'm close to just giving up on D3 altogether. Can't wait for PoE to be complete,at least the main game.I look forward to playing this for many years.
PoE 100%

D3 has no endgame .. see the "Jay Wilson doubled it" meme-thread ^^

Atmosphere in D3 feels like comic for kids (as well it should, considering their aim) - PoE feels dark and creepy, much more my style

RMAH .. need we say anything about that? money first... bad move Bli$$ard^^

and then - underdog bonus!! i feel much better paying for a closed beta access of some indie studio's first release than flushing 60$ down the toilet to beta test a sequel thats just meant to be a cash cow ;)

list is endless^^ i quit here - gotta kill some mobs :D
I personally love the lore with the Diablo games, which is the main reason why I bought Diablo 3. Unfortunately, I see Blizzard has became quite lazy in game development and really only care about the profit, instead of their loyal player base.

When I played Diablo 3, I felt like it was good until about an hour or so playing it. Aside the horrible launch day, I found that it being DRM even for Single-Player was quite bullshit. I use to have LANs in my high school networking class playing Diablo 2 all the time. Diablo 3 feels like Diablo 2, slightly better looking graphics wise, but it is dumb-down for the casual players that Blizzard as gotten over the years. Once I beat Diablo 3, the playability felt boring. Sure I can go all the way to Inferno or whatever, but it was just a constant grind/push for me to get through it.

With Path of Exile, I feel its refreshing. There is no currency to ruin the game with websites trying to sell gold in the world chat. It is all online and free to play. It has an actual challenging Hardcore mode and it even has potential for different leagues and ladders which makes it more interesting. Path of Exile players can achieve more bragging rights than in Diablo, you know? That is why I like it. You are always progressing.
Not sure what it is a sign of but Toys R Us has D3 for $10 now. I know they have been getting out of software for awhile though.
Diablo 3 is a very different game with a different target audience. In regards to comparison with D2, Diablo 3 feels very different, but the issue with diablo 2 were many of the problems the developers of diablo 3 specifically pointed out. People would go down the skill tree, then when they got what they wanted they would dump all else. But the feel of Diablo 2 was very good for me.

Path of exile though, combines my love of making gruesomely awesome character builds with the dark and gritty aspects of diablo 2, along with the addicting "two more clicks" nature. Diablo 3 is still an okay game, but it is like comparing apples and oranges. Diablo 3 is an okay game in it's own right, but the issue is has is that it was compared to Diablo 2, which is fair. The devs decided to experiment with their franchise and made a unique game, it really feels like it was developed by someone who isn't blizzard and had the diablo plot slapped on.

Diablo 3 is not the worst game ever, as some would have you to believe. It had a bunch of flaws, it had a terrible launch, and it was overhyped. But the actual gameplay was fairly solid. It just didn't quite hit the spot like path of exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info