(Aug 4 NZT) 60 Minute Cut-throat Event!

"
RoedeOurm wrote:
NOoOoOoOooOooOooOoooO 4:00 AM (T_T)

Hmmm.... I'm seriously considering waking up at 3:40 AM ... and then going back to sleep after I get humiliated online :P

I was hoping the cutthroat event will be instead of the weekly race, but no, it's at 4am... '-.-
I was really looking forward to test some cutthroat action, so I'm considering to join in too, but I'd really have to mess up my sleep cycle... For the games sake :)

Are there some videos from previous events? I want to see how much you can get owned and if it's worth the effort. :D

Edit: Got it wrong, thought I'd have one more night to get some sleep, but instead it's already this night... this time converting gets really complicated sometimes ;)

Last edited by qrft on Aug 3, 2012, 6:44:50 AM
5am, perfect! I'm in. Might even be sober by then, almost.
Tempered over burning witches.
I will try the league just to see what it is all about, but I fully expect to die pretty quickly.
"
NotSorry wrote:
"
"
Right, and I am sure many changes will be made since this is primarily for testing purposes to see what works and what doesn't.

1. dropping our entire inventory is bad. a single item is enough to rage quit lol...

2. ppl will gang bang 6 vs 1 and win easy...

1) Cutthroat is supposed to be the most hardcore form of pvp in game, if you lose nothing then it's pointless, there will be dueling added to default servers later on.

2) People like to form parties to hunt other parties and a single player still has options in a 1v6. I won 2 of the first 3 CTs as solo killing off parties.

whaaaat?!?! what a huge statement. 1v6, who are you?

that sounds fairly impossible given the limited skillset you possess and the many threats you would face.

feels like puncture+poison+addedchaos gonna carve up some ppl

I had respect for the development team till they started sucking off Kripparian. A known exploiter who gets ahead by using any cheat he can. Sad that a dev team is blowing him because they think he's good at video games.
I also agree. Kripparian is the last person on earth GGG should be taking advice from. The game was taking such a good direction, i'm already fearing for bad\horrible features\changes. Really.

As for the event, looking forward to it, although i lack rl buddies to play with, so i'll go solo, we'll see how it goes :)
"
bingobill wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

whaaaat?!?! what a huge statement. 1v6, who are you?

that sounds fairly impossible given the limited skillset you possess and the many threats you would face.

[/quote]

Watch out for "Not Sorry" he likes to join parties then leaves the party when you are weak stabbing you in the back. :)

So yea, being in a party could actually be risky business.
I'm BACK :)
"
hulkgor wrote:
I also agree. Kripparian is the last person on earth GGG should be taking advice from. The game was taking such a good direction, i'm already fearing for bad\horrible features\changes. Really.

I don't know how you guys got the idea that Kripp is hijacking the game development. He's there primarily as a public face rather than a tester, and so far Kripp has offered common sense advice for GGG, such as inventory, combat and map improvements which almost all of the player base can agree with.
"
Chris wrote:
I understand that this time is not Europe-friendly, but we'll be running more events in the future.

I woke up about 20 minutes ago, for anyone not in the UK that's 3:30pm. Good time chris, very Europe friendly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info