Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

(Aug 4 NZT) 60 Minute Cut-throat Event!

This solo vs group isn't a problem at all. Group ganks are very inefficient since the exp from the kill is split among everyone in the group, not to mention the guy getting ganked can run away to escape so the group gets nothing. I soloed as my duelist for the entire hour and ended lvl 8, while Kripparian played in a group of 6 for almost the entire hour and ended at lvl 6.

Near the end I even killed a party of 2 by myself since I got to pick and choose gear I wanted more efficiently from killing other players solo, ending up with two badass 1-hand swords that dealt incredible damage.
Hardcore 4 life!
"
RushSecond wrote:
This solo vs group isn't a problem at all. Group ganks are very inefficient since the exp from the kill is split among everyone in the group, not to mention the guy getting ganked can run away to escape so the group gets nothing. I soloed as my duelist for the entire hour and ended lvl 8, while Kripparian played in a group of 6 for almost the entire hour and ended at lvl 6.

Near the end I even killed a party of 2 by myself since I got to pick and choose gear I wanted more efficiently from killing other players solo, ending up with two badass 1-hand swords that dealt incredible damage.

I think parties have the advantage when it comes to Cut Throat league. Sure parties get less XP for the kill, but the player who was solo'ing loses all (or maybe majority) of their gear, forcing them to keep backups in the stash or something similar.

During this Cut Throat Event, I was with a party of 6 at the start, someone ragequit after dieing, then another did not join back up at the start. I only died once near the end of the event when my team failed to all enter the same instance and was outnumbered.

We placed 8th, 13th, 14th, in the ladder (I know this wasn't a race), so I think being in a party allows more safety than being solo. However, being solo you do not have to worry about coordination and communication, and will be better at hit and run tactics for killing lower level players.

This is all just my opinion.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Did i miss the event? :'( i logged on just as the converter said it would begin for me but i can't see the league, i've tried closing then re-opening.
Zaviel the Chaos-Spark Mage
Once you drink from the well of absolute power there is no turning back.

Geomancers Unite! - Adding Elemental Earth
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/50177
One of the dudes on Kripp's stream had the idea that as you land killing blows, your character's size increases, so by the end of the cut-throat event, there's giants chasing people. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.
hello unfourtunatly i wasnt able to get into the test i was wondering if you read this chris you could set up a open or closed beta cutthroat stess test and this time make it in like news on site or soemthing so more poeple could be aware and sicne there would ba a larger ammount of people on it they could realy give you alot of feedback. like i have already seen muliple suggestinos which would realy enhance gameplay anyways please everyone leave feedback if you feel same wasy so we can get heard.
Okay ! I managed to get up at 3:45 AM :D (race starting at 4:00 AM GMT+1) and ... I am really glad I did !

I had a train to catch the same day so I did need the sleep but this was my first Cut-Throat league and it was awesome :D

I know we must have made some players rage because we were a team of 4 and targetted solo players and 2 players :P "Unfair" I agree but it wasn't EZPZ. As we focused on just killing, we didn't xp much and started feeling the gap near the end of the race. Still, at 4vs1, we managed to prevail, even against +3 lvled players :P

I died once ! Playing in a group was once again awesome because they instantly re-geared my char ! I have to store more gear in my stash, at least the minimum to be able to use some gems.

We focused on Mud Flats and the Flooded Passage. The Flooded Passage was really a fun area to camp :D

Well, it was nothing personal guys :D You'll get your revenge next time :D

Thx again to Misza, his friend (forgot your name, sorry) and TheThunderGhost :D Too bad you weren't there qrft but we will have more CutThroat events soon !
Last edited by RoedeOurm on Aug 6, 2012, 7:22:42 AM
Patting yourself on the back for ganking people is a little sad.

Like school bullies who after beating up a kid walking home from school high five each other like they did something extraordinary.

This is alot like UO. Most gankers are scared to fight 1 v 1 so they only fight in groups and they only fight easy kill targets. Can't say that is anything special or impressive.

I'm more of the type of person who would hunt gank squads. I was always the Anti-PK in beta - first year UO and found that alot more satisfying and rewarding. Gank squads generally had better gear and had horrible tactics, since they only went after weak targets so had no practice against an even match.
what about attching a rating to players and out parties...

solo , Party size of 3 can come after you at normal rating

+1 = party of 4
+2 = party of 5
+3 = full party can hunt you

As to what to base the rating off of you could either do ilvl or kills, but if its kils people would just avoid PK so they only had to deal with a max of +2 people on them.

Just a thought... Something akin to APB rating system with an anounce for max rating so people actually hunt you.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
jurble wrote:
One of the dudes on Kripp's stream had the idea that as you land killing blows, your character's size increases, so by the end of the cut-throat event, there's giants chasing people. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

That would be pretty cool, as long as it reset on death. If someone is doing amazing, they'd end up pretty fat and scary. (even if it's just 1% size increase increments)
IGN: Lothias

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info