(Aug 4 NZT) 60 Minute Cut-throat Event!

I just hope the people who exploited partying and plan to do so in the future aren't under any false impressions that they are good gamers.
"
duolc wrote:
Awesome fun! heart was beating very fast a few times. Our team of 4 managed to destroy everyone we came across until right at the end when we fought a party of people called kripp and lost one of our warriors.

This screenshot is from when we took on a team of 6 and killed the last one seconds before the end of the event:

http://i.imgur.com/Z5cRw.jpg

Soooo much loot!

Edit: The team we killed at the end posted a video of their last 10 minutes of play! They were chasing a witch when we rolled them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBiNZzqfnuc

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Nice, I was watching them chasing the witch on their video and i'm like "NO, ITS A TRAP"
Would have been fun to join you for this, hope there is another short cut-throat event some time soon (kill counts would be nice)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
IGN @dime
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Aurinax87 wrote:
I just hope the people who exploited partying and plan to do so in the future aren't under any false impressions that they are good gamers.

Best line yet in the party argument I think. Taking it to new extremes.
Kripp's stream: League starts at 1 hour 53 minutes, Kripp gets into a party by the 2 hour mark, and PvP starts at about 2 hours 19 minutes. Best battles start at 2 hours 30 minutes and 45 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/327336320
"
Danos wrote:
This league isn't going to work when groups can fight people 5v1 or 6v1

thats why I suggested a limited size of invader groups based on the largest group in the instance.

"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
6 vs 1. There should be a buff for going solo cause you stand no choice otherwise.

This would be another possible solution: why not modify your strength in the same way, monsters get buffed against a party? (->+50% per additional invader) posible disadvantage of this: maybe difficult to handle if more then 2 groups of players (including solo groups) are in an instance...?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I didn't get to join cuz of the time but sounded like good fun (for some).

Just a question about team ganks.

does the instance que allow a party of 6 to enter an instance with a party of 1?

if so, as it sounds from some comments, I think that it should be a league creator controlled option. "party size discrepancy allowed = X"

Where X is the number above the current party size inside the instance that's allowed the join.

If X is set at 0 only same (or smaller) size parties may enter. X=1 and you can have a 2 person party enter someone's solo instance and so on.

so if an instance has 2 parties of 2 inside and x=0; ONLY additional parties of 2 could que in.

A SECOND OPTION could be fun and interesting, allow the creator to enable a "SUPER SOLDIER" mode where party size discrepancy provides the smaller party with passive buffs such as hp, damage (can be phys, random elemental), a random secondary effect buff (atk speed, buff/debuff/stun duration, movement speed).

and it's increased per extra party member the larger team has. maybe every 2 additional members give a second random buff...

so if a team of 6 goes into a solo instance... they might just end up challenging a big nightmare. haha.

And every "encounter" the random buffs get rerolled so it's impossible to plan for.

evens the odds because a good,organized party of 6 know they'll never receive buffs. Solo's will have fun transforming into a different Super Soldier every time.

Lastly forming the largest possible party size is no longer priority #1. Maybe they split up, but that's offset with the possibility of getting ganked themselves..

Imo it opens a ton of interesting possibilities.. do you want to play solo and become a boss, do you want to form a team of 6 and search out solo's that become human controlled bosses etc etc.

ok i posted something! Can i login to the game now??
Last edited by Shaolungbao on Aug 4, 2012, 5:42:25 AM
Nice... it started at 4AM, just an hour after I went to bed. Shame on me for not checking before. I'll try to participate to the next one.
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
"
sewerside wrote:
Can we please get some stats(anything!) on kills please.
next time we will try to provide such stats (accurate deads stats) in our website http://poestatistics.com. in todays event we were checking stats every 5 minutes, that wasnt enough to judge whether someone died. here are stats, 933 characters - more than in events in open weekend
http://poetools.com/ - PATH OF EXILE TOOLS
Last edited by kompostownik on Aug 4, 2012, 7:05:13 AM
After watching a few streams, the biggest problem I think that needs to be addressed is distinguishing party members from enemy pc's. When you hover your mouse over any character, friendly or foe, their name shows up in white at the top center of the screen. Since you can have 12 identical looking people with potentially similar names it's a major headache trying to find the enemy. I think enemy players should have their names show up in red, or have party members names in green or blue and enemy players stay white. Anything to distinguish between enemy and friendly is sorely needed.

The way it is now, people are just spamming their skills on anyone hoping that it's an enemy. It's a huge waste of time and extremely annoying. There's hardly any skill involved, merely an aoe clickfest.

Edit: Town portals suffer from the same lack of distinction. I just watched Kripparian's stream and people kept asking "is this our portal?", it was quite sad.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Aug 4, 2012, 7:35:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info