[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
royvisser1990 wrote:
Hi,

Im a level 30shadow now and im following your build. at the moment im using dual wield with 1 dagger and 1 claw. is it better to switch to 1h/shield now or later on? or is it only needed on hardcore?

and another question.

i read that lightning strike should be around lvl 9 and not higher and i also got clarity which i wanna hold on a low lvl like 3 but how can i stop them for getting xp? do i have to get tons of those gems and replace them everytime they get to high?

In default things are much more flexible. Just continue on with dual wielding until u run into problems.

you can't stop them from getting xp, but you can just stop them from leveling. Instead of left clicking the plus sign when the gem levels up, just right click it.

"
Legus666 wrote:
Hi, Invalesco! Playing your build since december, in CB i have got 6.2k es, about 6k ds dps at lvl 67. In OB is harder to find good es gear :( . What do u think about that chest (gonna 4l that) and dagger? Cost me about 2gcp each

They're pretty decent! But can still be better
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
okay thansk for the awnsers so quick!

1 more question:

In the video's i see that you swap weapons to get all the aura's on and then change back to the weps you use for fighting. i tried this and i saw that all buffs fall off. so i quess they changed it. do i need 1 skill slot for each aura i use now or is there a other way?
How are u guys im playing this build and im getting so low dps and survability so i wanna u tell me what i hafta change in my gear...
idn if i must earn more armour because everything kill me easyly well i wait 4 ur answer! PD dps 223 default 558 life 451 mana and 10.1 mana regen 138 ES whitout auras and 131 armour !
About to hit level 50 myself, massive brickwall - Low dps and next to no survivability.. Considering leaving the character until I have the goods to deck him out.

Really like the build idea though. :)
"
LMTB wrote:
About to hit level 50 myself, massive brickwall - Low dps and next to no survivability.. Considering leaving the character until I have the goods to deck him out.

Really like the build idea though. :)

Would recommend posting some stats like HP/ES, resists, armor, evasion, dps, etc. Posting your gear along with these things makes it easy for people with a bit more experience to tell you where you might be able to make easy improvements.

I've currently got double strike chained to faster attacks and crit damage. My crit chance on double strike is 30.1% currently. I'll be upgrading the gloves with those to a 4L and I'm wondering what you guys think would be best for adding to the chain. I have an increased critical strikes support gem which at level 1 brings the crit chance up to 35%~.

Edit: quick math says crit chance will give me ~15% increased dps on the skill, so I think I will go with melee phys dmg or melee phys dmg on full life.
IGN: @TruthBeyondTheGate
Last edited by NemesisQ on Feb 3, 2013, 10:17:50 PM
when do you switch to dagger + shield??

cruel act 3??
Of the remaining three pieces, (Boots, Head, Gloves) go for 1 Pure ES, 1 Pure Evasion, and 1 Hybrid

Why not 3 Hybrids?
Because 1 pure ES and 1 pure Evasion will always yield better defensive stats as compared to 2 Hybrid pieces and are easier to craft/find.

Why that 1 Hybrid piece then?
Because if you noticed how I link my Flicker Strike, I need 2 Reds, 1 Green and 1 Blue socket. Pure Evasion pieces have a higher chance to roll Green sockets, ES - Blue sockets and Armour - Red sockets.

It is nearly impossible (or just damn expensive) to roll 2R 1G and 1B on a pure Evasion or pure ES gear and resorting to using a pure Armour piece for that wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry for this newb question but how do you tell if a piece of gear is es / evasion / hybrid.

For example, would these books be considered pure es?

Because if it is pure ES, I rolled 2R 1G and 1B on my first chromatic orb. Was that complete luck? (Well I need another green atm actually)
Last edited by yoyeo on Feb 4, 2013, 9:01:18 AM
"
yoyeo wrote:
Of the remaining three pieces, (Boots, Head, Gloves) go for 1 Pure ES, 1 Pure Evasion, and 1 Hybrid

Why not 3 Hybrids?
Because 1 pure ES and 1 pure Evasion will always yield better defensive stats as compared to 2 Hybrid pieces and are easier to craft/find.

Why that 1 Hybrid piece then?
Because if you noticed how I link my Flicker Strike, I need 2 Reds, 1 Green and 1 Blue socket. Pure Evasion pieces have a higher chance to roll Green sockets, ES - Blue sockets and Armour - Red sockets.

It is nearly impossible (or just damn expensive) to roll 2R 1G and 1B on a pure Evasion or pure ES gear and resorting to using a pure Armour piece for that wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry for this newb question but how do you tell if a piece of gear is es / evasion / hybrid.

Because if it is pure ES, I rolled 2R 1G and 1B on my first chromatic orb. Was that complete luck? (Well I need another green atm actually)

that is not a pure es..
that boots is a hybrid armor and es
"
yoyeo wrote:

The two topmost stats are "Armour" and "Energy Shield". So that's a hybrid item. More particularly str/int. So it has a tendency to roll red and blue sockets more easily.
Invalesco!

Your build's are awesome! You do great writeups and I've been following this guide while building my new Shadow. I had been playing a Marauder and got extremely bored with my stale cleave/leap slam build.

I was doing some ledge runs on him when I noticed some guy warping all over and shooting lightning everywhere with a shadow. I thought it looked awesome so I browsed the shadow forums for some ideas when I ran across your build! (I wonder if that guy was following it, too).

I played my new Shadow all yesterday and managed level 30. I know that you and others mention having growing pains but I've found the exact opposite to be true. My character has been focusing on health/attackspeed/resists/armor and I have yet to even come close to dying. I have 990 health at level 30 and walk over anything I encounter. I wonder if I've just had good luck with items so far. I'm excited to see the CI part of this build when I hit merciless!

Thanks!

-Jumblejon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info