New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

"
dlrr wrote:

Yes yes, I'm sure there'll be a lot of moaners out there "not more stuff for Ele cleave". I agree that we do need less ele cleave in this game but alas is something that cannot be avoided with most elemental melee weapons the way the game is currently structured.

There is never enough ele cleave.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Very cool! Can't wait to get one or hopefully two!
IGN: Hathar
Thanks for the feedback guys. A few builds mentioned here were definitely in my mind when I was designing this:

"
The_x_ile wrote:
depand on rolls - that can be really OP for fire trapper :)
use cold snap multi trap to chill al tree, than throw fire trap (depand on rolls it can become better than the searing touch :) )

yes was thinking of using fire trap and searing bond as support AOE while cleaving away happily for the chill and triple burn! :D

"
Saffell wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Thinking some more you could create a pretty silly CI cyclone user with EE, considering the two weapons only deal damage of one type as their main damage source. 2 dual wielding templar builds suddenly a reality, good unique.

This is a fun thing to do, I did it with elemental hit back in CB. The problem however is that you can't have +damage to ANY element on ANY piece of gear. That sweet ass ring with +tri res, +life, and +4 cold damage, can't use it.

This was definitely one of the builds I had in mind :D the main issue i had was that cyclone has low damage effectiveness so EE would need to compensate for that. As Saffell has pointed out, EE has a whole bunch of issues too. I did, however, think of buying another unique helm that makes EE more powerful... (to represent my wife and her equal love for the twins). but we'll see, that's a lot of money :S

"
I lied, I do have feedback.

Because I'm such a sucker for symmetry, why not also have an 'Enemies ignited by you are also chilled' or the like?

You're tempting me! Rory may have a fit from yet another change! Hahahaha... I suspect this won't affect DW melee much but may improve its 1H usage or with spells. Rory actually wants to dial back the burn damage by quite a lot (I cheekily had it at 100% burn damage) due to its impact on spells, so we'll see.

"
Spysong192 wrote:
As someone painting (bad) i dislike the design of the lenght of the handle and the dragontail should entangle the handle because no warrior could fight with this short handle + side of the dragon tail (unbalanced weighting and the tail is in the way for movement). Then again i have a rhoa with wings on my side as pet so dunno.

Nontheless the idea is awesome and someone needed to say something "bad" so it can shine more. Good work. :)

You're right about this I think. If you look at the past discussions (in the spoiler), it shows the few iterations it has been through. I'm sure it can be improved further with your suggestions, but at the moment am happy to keep it as is with the hope it comes out at release (or shortly after).

"
Ozgwald wrote:
Sounds nice would fit a theme build I have very well, but am also afraid the Soul taker with physical damage chilling is the better combo (I hate that axe, while I so much wanted an unique axe). Sounds nice, but I hope the figures can be manged such that dual wielding them is the most interesting option (instead of the soul taker one).

very true that soul taker will likely outshine this in terms of overall utility. i'm hoping the dps from burning compensates from it somewhat, but we'll see. in any case, as earlier mentioned, the dps on this axe is only second to marohi erqi in terms of available uniques. i asked rory if he meant for it to be OP or if release means new uniques with higher dps to tackle the new content but he kept strangely quiet on that point.

my guess is, and it's really a stab in the dark here, that release will have higher level monsters in the end game, thus indirectly nerfing all present end game uniques (or they could boost the level of end game uniques too, not sure about that).

Nerf Soul Taker :O
There are no negative mods on it.
Hateful post.
A few minor updates from Rory with some tidbits about the unique and release in general that you guys may find interesting.

- burning damage on chilled enemies will be getting nerfed a bit. i'm arguing to have it higher than searing touch when 2 of these are used (ie: above 35% burn damage per item) since it requires that the enemy be chilled. GGG's stance is that that may be too powerful as unlike searing touch, the way the bonus works is that enemies chilled by the player receive increased damage, so the increased burn damage bonus actually applies to the whole party

- rarity wise, this will be just below kaom's heart level so that it's easier to get 2 of these

- it'll likely be lvl 70 (instead of base item lvl 69). in rory's words, it can be obtained from farming final boss and rares in that area. what i'm not clear about is whether he meant dominus will be lvl 68, or if he's just referring to the current piety level 68. i could possibly clarify but i would rather not have the surprise spoilt :)
IT
LOOKS
FREAKIN
AWESOME!!!

But sadly it look like a throwing axe... you know the type of weapon GGG decided to botch by doing Spectral throw
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
IT
LOOKS
FREAKIN
AWESOME!!!

But sadly it look like a throwing axe... you know the type of weapon GGG decided to botch by doing Spectral throw

Thanks! :D understand your disappointment, but your point on Spectral Throw... I'm getting ideas now! Presumably it'll alternate between weapons, so linking ST with GMP / WED / elemental proliferation / the works... that's a WHOLE LOTTA CHILLIN' BURN! :D
"
dlrr wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
IT
LOOKS
FREAKIN
AWESOME!!!

Thanks! :D understand your disappointment, but your point on Spectral Throw... I'm getting ideas now! Presumably it'll alternate between weapons, so linking ST with GMP / WED / elemental proliferation / the works... that's a WHOLE LOTTA CHILLIN' BURN! :D

any chance you can add attack speed when dual wielding 2 of these uniques as a stat? :)
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
looks awesome, like the design, but the affixes i still Think you can work at, but goodjob so far :)
"
Atlas305 wrote:
any chance you can add attack speed when dual wielding 2 of these uniques as a stat? :)

i think the original attack speed affix is gonna stay so hopefully there won't be any need for an additional attack speed on DW affix :)

one thing to note though, given the focus on burn damage, i'm trying to up the DPA as much as possible without the DPS being too OP. so don't be surprised if the APS is a little low as a result of me trying to boost DPA.

"
marremurt wrote:
looks awesome, like the design, but the affixes i still Think you can work at, but goodjob so far :)

don't think the affixes will change anymore since we're targetting release and GGG's kinda fixed on this current set :) sorry to disappoint!
Last edited by dlrr on Oct 20, 2013, 11:37:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info