SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

On a side note: Last week, the closed beta had about 1000 online users. Today it's about 2000 :-)
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Was playing diablo but after 12 hours of this game I am hooked.

However I do want to see better models before release. One thing that you cannot take away from Diablo is it's smooth combat system, rich projectile effects, and varied landscape.

Think game is already kicking diablo's ass in terms of gameplay, character builds, community, and content.

As long as they shore up the above mentioned weaknesses to some degree before release I'm in. Until then I'm happy to lend my $10 support and perhaps more as the game develops.
Was thinking to say "Hi" just after purchasing the closed beta access but I've just finished playing a few minutes ago :) (and it's 1.03 AM here in Italy).

I'm new here so hi to all. Played a lot in the weekend:
- great game, I'm really into it
- great community and very usefull posts on the forum that highlights the mechanics and how the game works
- really like the sense of rewards that the game transmits... it's not only leveling up the char but also the gems, trying some new combination of skills, also finding a waypoint on a map can be some kind of achievement... all this create a really good feeling when playing! :)

Hope to enjoy this game for a long time.

"
Thyrandor wrote:
On a side note: Last week, the closed beta had about 1000 online users. Today it's about 2000 :-)

I still believe this is a record. I remember when GGG were testing before the first open weekend. They loaded the server with bots, and even with those it was...maybe 2.2k.

This time last week, an /online might have yielded 400-600 response.

This 'new' /online made me grin so wide.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Ijuvatar wrote:
if this game keeps getting better im already thinking about upgrading to the silver supporter package ^^

I bought the bronze so i could give keys to my friends but if this game holds up ill be glad to send out some more money.
My Life For Aiur!

"
Ijuvatar wrote:

thanks so so so much!

This game is everything i wanted Diablo 3 to be

so, have fun with my 25$ and keep on with the good work, yay :D

To Hell with Actiblizzard, Electronic Greed and Moneyvision :D

/jay wilson

+1 me too.
I find funny, how this forum is generaly full of "thank you GGG" and "what a great game, with very good potential, and a lot of fun it is", while the direct concurential game forum, d3, its full of "this game is bad, is not rewarding " and so on.

And its like that since ever almost, d3 forum its filled up with curses since launch and even before, while this forum is full only of nice words. Must say something about the game quality overall...

Ofc, d3 have a better skill animations and motions of chars and monsters overall , but that solo, its not enough by far, to be a more played game. Generaly the players that love the RPG /ARPG genre, doenst look too much on graphic of a game, but on the gaming component. All the rest of the things in POE are just simply better implemented, and its still in beta and subject to discuss and change for better.

Im very happy i supported these guys.
I have a D3 guest pass and was on the fence on whether to buy it or not... but the forums kept me away from it. Then came the open beta weekend, boy I'm I glad I didn't buy D3!

PoE got me hooked right away, I love the passive skill system, the gems, flasks & the economy. Could not resist buying a key for the closed beta!

And it seems the best part is hidden here in the forums, seeing how GGG interacts with the community and by the general tone and content of the postings.

Way to go GGG!
Prying open my third eye
Thinking about supporting this game, too bad i missed the open beta weekend.
"
goira wrote:
Thinking about supporting this game, too bad i missed the open beta weekend.

I missed the open beta as well but saw so many streams and just seemed like the Diablo 3 game I hoped for that did not come true. This basically has everything that Diablo 3 failed to have.

Only thing I can see is if this game starts to get hacks and mods to farm loot if this company can control it like blizzard can because I know that is a very difficult thing to control and would ruin this game as well =/

So in a way I am glad this game is not as popular and does not have a RMAH to make TONS of people want to use bots in this game YET

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info