{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

My AG has 23262HP with lvl 20/20 gem, +2 from helm and +1 from empower. I do tend to un summon him though on some boss fights still as He does like to die t15+ boss fights.
Why are we taking Mistress of Sacrifice? We gain some cast speed when we use Flesh Offering, but it's not like we're casters and it will make much of a difference for our Ball Lightning.
What about Spirit Eater?
I see people saying their solar guards destroying bosses, but mine seem not to, im having trouble at single target even at lvl 6 maps. I dont see the problem, my gems are pretty high lvl (19 desecrate, 20 spectres). I always keep offering, and dual curse up. Got 5 linked VisMortis. Can any1 explain what i am doing wrong? SumkaCCCP is the char, if anyone will be so kind to look.
"
Zloberik wrote:
I see people saying their solar guards destroying bosses, but mine seem not to, im having trouble at single target even at lvl 6 maps. I dont see the problem, my gems are pretty high lvl (19 desecrate, 20 spectres). I always keep offering, and dual curse up. Got 5 linked VisMortis. Can any1 explain what i am doing wrong? SumkaCCCP is the char, if anyone will be so kind to look.

I'm by no means great at this build but the big thing I noticed when changing stuff up for end game was:

Try and upgrade your jewels to flat life + minions have % increased atk speed, minions have % increased cast speed, minions have increased atk & cast speed if youve killed recently.

Also quality your items upto 20% as its cheap!

Try and get your chest gems up to 20% quality too as it adds a lot of dps.

"
Zloberik wrote:

Feel free to add me. I am also not the greatest but I am starting to run t10-t11 maps fairly comfortably.
"
Mattyd_UK wrote:
"
Zloberik wrote:

I'm by no means great at this build but the big thing I noticed when changing stuff up for end game was:

Try and upgrade your jewels to flat life + minions have % increased atk speed, minions have % increased cast speed, minions have increased atk & cast speed if youve killed recently.

Dang.. you have a 6 link Vis Mortis. Jealous!
"
nskLantash wrote:

Also, since Solar Guards appear to not be present in Path of Building, what's the best supplement to measure their damage?
Or are they in PoB and i've somehow missed it? Thanks.

Hate to repeat myself, but would really like an answer to this one.
The author of POB said he does not have enough data to include SG and new spectres in POB. Try to bear with it and calculate by looking at total time to kill boss. We all know (no mod) Minotaur have 10 million life, which means 20 second kill = 500k dps.

"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
"
Mattyd_UK wrote:
"
Zloberik wrote:

Dang.. you have a 6 link Vis Mortis. Jealous!

6L Mortis is cheap this league. 6 ex or even less for one. It's all thanks to the Elder/Shaper helmet/glove which can give you quasi-6L. You can just buy an Elder Glove with Slower Projectile and Faster Casting or an Elder Helmet with Concentration Effect and Minion Damage and/or Immolate and your SG should have enough dps to clear everything until Guardians and Shaper/Red Elder/Uber.

Or if you're just in need of boss dps, use Elder Helmet for 2 tukohama vanguard or cannibals and use your 5L mortis for 2 SG to clear. Pretty effective myself.
"
Zloberik wrote:

If you're having issues even with T6 map bosses then something's really off. From what I've seen on your profile one or more of these might be the cause :

- Your actual Solar Guard levels, not the gem. Have you raised your Solar Guards from as high of map level as you possibly can? Getting Solar Guards from low level areas would mean low level Solar Guards despite you having level 20 Raise Spectre gem.

- Your jewels. Minion jewels can be expensive when rolled perfectly, but try to get at the very least the Attack+Cast speed roll on each of the Abyss jewels, and after that either Minion Damage after using Minion skill or Minion Cast Speed after Minion Kill. Abyss jewels contributes a significant portion of Spectres DPS and arguably one of if not the biggest upgrade we got this league.

- Your support gem levels.

- Gem Quality while doesn't contribute to a lot when it comes to Spectre's DPS, it does have some impact to them, grab Q20 gems when you can.

Few useful tips unrelated to the issue :

- Try to not rely on Purity auras to cap your resists. Spectres generally don't need Purity of Elements and the other Single Purity auras are overkill unless you have very specific use for it (example : you're farming a lot of Uber Atziri in which Purity of Fire is very useful). In addition, try to avoid having resist rolls on belt and belt jewels, doing this means you'd be stuck with them (you won't be able to replace the belt with anything else, eg. MF belt like Bisco or Perandus).

- Same with the above, try not to cap resists using amulets as well.

Somewhat relevant but not directly related to your issue :

My thoughts on mixing/using different spectres stays the same. I'm not a fan of it. For a few reasons.

- Solar Guards while needing some investments and providing you do things correctly are more effective than Tukohama Vanguards and even Cannibals when it comes to boss killing. I've tested this extensively in the past this league, and while on paper TVs does have higher DPS, in practice it's actually quite rare that they perform that well reliably, since you need a bunch of things to happen first (Dyadus debuff hit immediately, the totems were placed perfectly and the boss staying still to be slayed) while Solar Guards just need to hit the boss.

- Different Spectres requires a significantly different setup, from gem links to jewel mod rolls. Cast speed isn't particularly useful for spectres like TVs, but it's amazing for Solar Guards and Cannibals. Same thing with Support Gems.

- Different Spectre behaves and performs differently on different areas. One of the biggest reason why I chose to minmax purely for Solar Guards is because they are the only spectre that does almost everything well, from clearing and single target. And minmaxing for a single type of spectre allows you better gain overall instead of using multiple types of them.

Last edited by ultimatecat on Jan 10, 2018, 1:40:32 AM
Hi,

I have 4x Flame Golem in 6L chest. I am running RS in the helm.

Questions:
1. What is the best link in the helm and which spectre should I summon?
2. What are the two offensive curses (Flammability, Ele Weakness, Proj Weakness, etc) that works for both RS and FG?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info