{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
DoomCarpace wrote:
My first concern is dex, there are skill gems and support gems that require more dex than what get from the build. How are you able to use those gems that require a higher dex since you mention that you need strength on gear? Why not have dex on gear and have a rare Citrine amulet to handle the needs for strength since you get close to 151 points of strength from the build?

These are the only two items I have that are giving me stats. At level 83, I have 161 STR and 138 DEX. +30 STR and +30 DEX are coming from Might and Alacrity on the passive tree until I can replace them with gear. Level 20 Rejuvenation Totem will require 151 STR, so I'm good on Strength. Level 20 Haste will require 153 DEX, so I'm currently short 15 DEX and can only level the gem to 16. However, the difference between L20 and L16 Haste is 1% movement speed, 1% attack speed, and 2% cast speed. I think I'll live if I don't get that. =o)
Okay, finally saved up enough for the tabula.

For snapshotting, do I have to replace it with another item that is also 6L, or just put the RZ and RS gems in the first link and same sockets of whatever my swap gear is?
If the Socket IDs and Link group IDs are the same, you can successfully swap those items and gems in town.

o - o
|
o - o

o - o

Which would go something like this:

S1 - S2
|
S3 - S4 = Link1

S5 - S6 = Link2

If your other item had these links:

S1 - S2 = Link1

S3 - S4
|
S5 - S6 = Link2

Then S1 and S2 used for RZ and RS would work, but S2 and S3 would not because they are in different link groups.
Thanks! That makes sense, but would snapshotting in this

o - o
|
o - o

o - o

work if the item you actually wore around only had this

o - o

or this

o - o
|
o - o

and you kept RS and RZ in S1 and S2?
Last edited by harmonictempest on Jun 12, 2014, 1:08:17 PM
"
Thanks! That makes sense, but would snapshotting in this

o - o
|
o - o

o - o

work if the item you actually wore around only had this

o - o

or this

o - o
|
o - o

and you kept RS and RZ in S1 and S2?

Yes but you'd be limited to using a 4l with RS and a 3l for RZ.
Last edited by TheDioscuri on Jun 13, 2014, 9:47:47 AM
I just noticed something else that is strange about this build. Before the big buff to zombies you had to use another spell to back them up until they were tough enough to handle the killing of the mobs. It took a long while before you switched from using something like spectral throw to backing them up with curses. This causes another question.

Does the buff to zombies mean that you no longer need a skill like a spell or melee active skill to use to back them up until they are tanky enough to handle the mobs like before the buff?
Moved
IGN=ZeroLooper
Last edited by HeisenbergBlue on Jun 14, 2014, 4:26:43 AM
Hi, trying to gather more about minion snapshotting.

1) So in the 1st place must the type of equipment be the same?
E.g. Can I swap from boots to helm vice versa?

2) If both gems are top left on the chest, but one has 6s, the other only has 4 or 5, will it work?

3) I just learn about this socket link group thing from the previous posts. Didn't know of this rule. So for e.g.

Item A:
o-o --> Group 1
|
o-o

o-o --> Group 2

For the sake of e.g.,

Item B:

o-o --> Grp 1

o-o --> Grp 2

o-o --> Grp 3

Do they still follow the group number rule? or they must have the same number of grps of links to work in the 1st place.

If so, if item A were to snapshot onto this item C instead: with 6s, zero link, would the group thing still apply?

I hope I am clear in my questions as I cant seem to really find them elsewhere. Especially for qn number 1. Coz' most of the videos they have like both 6Ls in the 1st place -.-
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
I just noticed something else that is strange about this build. Before the big buff to zombies you had to use another spell to back them up until they were tough enough to handle the killing of the mobs. It took a long while before you switched from using something like spectral throw to backing them up with curses. This causes another question.

Does the buff to zombies mean that you no longer need a skill like a spell or melee active skill to use to back them up until they are tanky enough to handle the mobs like before the buff?

What "buff" are you referring to? There has not been any update or patch for minions for ages.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
DoomCarpace wrote:

What "buff" are you referring to? There has not been any update or patch for minions for ages.

Sorry but I need to explain a little more about what I am talking about. I will copy and paste an old post that I put up on November 27, 2013. That was the last time I tried this build, but I have decided to return to it. I do like summoner types, but back then it was hard to level as a summoner. I will also copy and paste the reply that I got on the same day. Both my post and the replay are on page 100 of this guide.

My post asking for help.

"
I have been using this guide and like it but need some help. what I want to know is what skill gems are the best back up skill gems to use before your minions are strong enough to hold their own? The reason why I ask this is because I am having trouble with general gravicius I only have firestorm as an attack and cannot win. I am still basically new to the game and to the class so a little help is appreciated.

Now the reply that I got on the same page.

"
Summons are really bad early on, they die really fast and don't really very hard. I personally prefer leveling up doing something else than summoning (such as Spectral Throw, as it can carry you easily pretty far without any passives invested on it).

But I think you may be able to beat him if you have Minion Stability. Get a Spell Totem gem and link it with Skeletons and Minion Life (your wand has the sockets for that). He will probably kill the totem often, but just resummon it.

This was when players where using Spectral Throw, Fireball, etc... along with using the passive Minion Instability having them as bombs until they were strong enough to survive and do enough damage. I know that was a long time ago and I am sorry but I have forgotten when the last buff to summons was done.

You see it was a time when this guide even said to use Minion Instability along with using another skill to level up until the time was when you spec'ed out of Minion Instability and used primarily curses to handle the mobs. Also IIRC that build also used Hex Master and Whispers of Doom along with one other unique that gives you one extra curse. It might've been the boots. Sorry but I cannot remember any more than that.

Now if you are saying that the minions have been buffed to the point where you do not need to do the above anymore like I am thinking. Then I can just use the guide as it is and probably use Arc+EP+Curse on Hit+vulnerability for the attack. Then Arctic Armor+Empower as the guide says that I can do.
Last edited by DoomCarpace on Jun 15, 2014, 2:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info