{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
So I see a lot of people talking about EB... Here's a question - how's Prism Guardian? Would using Prism Guardian for 2 more auras be an option? I'm trying to figure something out, but getting enough ES and life seems like it would be a pain... Like, with 16% reduction from the tree and a level 20 reduced mana, you end up with half your life reserved. How painful is that? Is it worth it for another two auras, or is it better just to run everything off of mana?

i run 2 auras from a prism guardian (life based with EB summoner here) but i have 49% reduced mana reseved (41 from tree and 8 form alphas) i run clarity and discipline wich reserves ~500 life and i end with 4k life
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
How did you get 41 from the tree? I can't shake the feeling that that's kind of out of the way of most of the rest of what you want as a summoner...
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Sovereignty (above Templar), Influence (above Shadow), Charisma (above Ranger), and Leadership (above Scion).
"
How did you get 41 from the tree? I can't shake the feeling that that's kind of out of the way of most of the rest of what you want as a summoner...

41 is quite standard for a aura toting summoner build path.

"
Here's a question - how's Prism Guardian?

Its really up to you to decide.

Is dropping your current shield worth it u might lose some stats?
Is my hp pool large enough that dropping a some life won't really matter?

If your answer to those is both yes. Its worth it. Make sure your equipping alpha howls too thou. You want to reserve as less life as possible.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
but i have 49% reduced mana reseved (41 from tree and 8 form alphas)

Multiple sources of mana reduction is multiplicative, not additive.
"
Hercanic wrote:
"

the only multiplicative reduction for mana reserved, as far as i know, is mortal conviction wich says LESS mana reserved. all others are reduced.

Last edited by Nyktasha on May 27, 2014, 5:11:09 PM
Going by the tooltip changes and running the math, you are right. Alpha Howl's reduction is added together with the passive tree, but it is multiplicative with the Reduced Mana support gem.

I can't find the old wiki page where I originally read the bit about different sources of mana reduction being multiplicative (passive tree nodes collectively being a 'single' source), so I wonder if this was changed in a patch at some point or if that page had always been incorrect with regards to Alpha Howl (or did I just misread/misremember?).
"
Hercanic wrote:
"

the only multiplicative reductioin for auras as far as i know is mortal conviction wich says LESS mana reserved all others are reduced.

well reduced mana gem says mana multiplier
Sorry i dont know if this has been answerd yet. but has any1 tried using lightning coil instead of cloak ?

Last edited by p4ttch on Jun 1, 2014, 3:17:39 PM
I'm not sure why you'd really want to use Lightning Coil over Cloak of Defiance. You get some armor and health, but in exchange are much more likely to get shock stacked (very dangerous) and have to deal with a huge resist deficit. The added lightning damage only applies to attacks, so that's useless. Meanwhile, Cloak gives mana (which then acts like health) and mana regeneration (which powers Arctic Armor). The physical damage reduction is nice (if risky due to shocks), but 40% MoM works against all damage types.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jun 1, 2014, 11:50:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info