{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

my idea would have been to run a super high lightning resist base with high max lightning and a topaz flask so the lightning damage wouldnt be such a problem. You pointed out that it's only physical damage tho which doesnt happen as often as other types being behind all the zombies.

I've just seen a few builds that used to use cloak , switch to coil. So was wondering if it was worth a test on summoner.
I'm using this
atm (1 gem for spectres and 5 for auras)

I do fine in maps, but I dont use any mana either. (It's probably just another build if you wanna use LC)
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
"
p4ttch wrote:
my idea would have been to run a super high lightning resist base with high max lightning and a topaz flask so the lightning damage wouldnt be such a problem. You pointed out that it's only physical damage tho which doesnt happen as often as other types being behind all the zombies.

I've just seen a few builds that used to use cloak , switch to coil. So was wondering if it was worth a test on summoner.

I'm personally not a fan of flasks as a solution, but that's a playstyle call. If you could work in Purity of Lightning, at level 20 with aura passives, it'll give +6.8 max resist (not sure if the game will round this up or down). With Elemental Adaptation, that'd be 83.8% lightning resist. So you'd take 16.2% lightning damage, or effectively 66.8% damage from physical attacks/spells.

With Cloak of Defiance, so long as an individual hit does not exceed your available mana, and the rate of damage does not exceed your mana regeneration, you effectively take 60% physical, elemental, and chaos damage. In cases of very large hits or many hits of physical damage, Coil would be better. In everything else, however, I'd cast my lot with Cloak of Defiance. Unlike other builds which may have swapped from Cloak, this summoner build uses all parts of the Cloak to its fullest. And as you pointed out, Zombies keep most melee attackers at bay anyway.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jun 2, 2014, 7:31:07 AM
How do you get 60% reduction with the cloak?
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
How do you get 60% reduction with the cloak?

He said you take 60%, because Cloak and MoM absorbs 40% to mana. (unless I am misunderstanding your question)
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Jun 3, 2014, 1:43:26 AM
Sorry misread that part, thank you to point it to me :)
In fact with the cloak and the good corrupted gears you could reduce up to 46% and managain up to 46%
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
-- double post---
Last edited by WIKARINA on Jun 3, 2014, 6:17:31 PM
Spell Totem+Faster Casting+Summon Skeletons+ whatever you want this setup alone is so awesome no need to spam summon skeletons one click once in awhile and they will all be up.
I like this build and how it has changed. I would like to try it out but I am not certain of a few things.

My first concern is dex, there are skill gems and support gems that require more dex than what get from the build. How are you able to use those gems that require a higher dex since you mention that you need strength on gear? Why not have dex on gear and have a rare Citrine amulet to handle the needs for strength since you get close to 151 points of strength from the build?

Second concern is preparing for mapping. I have read this guide and I am still not certain how to prepare for that. Last question what will the build look like when you are ready for mapping? I am the type of player that is not likely to go all 100 levels to see the full 120 point build.
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
I like this build and how it has changed. I would like to try it out but I am not certain of a few things.

My first concern is dex, there are skill gems and support gems that require more dex than what get from the build. How are you able to use those gems that require a higher dex since you mention that you need strength on gear? Why not have dex on gear and have a rare Citrine amulet to handle the needs for strength since you get close to 151 points of strength from the build?

Second concern is preparing for mapping. I have read this guide and I am still not certain how to prepare for that. Last question what will the build look like when you are ready for mapping? I am the type of player that is not likely to go all 100 levels to see the full 120 point build.

Technically 66-68 are easier than dominus, with very little exception.

You are ready to map when your zombies and spectre's rarely die, since if you snapshot it's a pain.

Summon gem lvls is what is most important. And be sure to get instant minion flasks and spam them all day.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jun 10, 2014, 10:02:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info