{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

How can you say all that you did in this post...

"
Malone wrote:
bullshits

Without any snapshot, minions have more than 8k hp, overcapped resist, life regen, life leech ... what do you need more ?
(snip)
There is absolutely no need no boost anything even if snapshot is fixed, that would be just crazy.

but just a post before say this:

"
Malone wrote:
The only point is that I am afraid you will need Shavronne 6L to go well so summoner will become a very expensiv build.

If summoners are super powerful, yet you fear we will need a 6L shav to go well, then there is a clearly a need for a boost. GG gear (Not only that, but the GG gear of GG gear) should not be required to make a build with so many passives viable in end-game. I'm all for removing snapshotting, just read some of my previous posts on it, but I can clearly see the reason why is it so popular for summoners. Our minions are too weak overall for high end-game content (unless we want to be pigeonholed into a singular playstyle we all have to follow) and that is simply inexcusable.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Jun 17, 2014, 2:08:18 PM
"
Malone wrote:
I wasnt snapshotting ( well, only Montegrul Grasp ) and I was able to clear all end game content. So learn to play without it and you will see that you don't need snapshot at all.

The only point is that I am afraid you will need Shavronne 6L to go well so summoner will become a very expensiv build.

Could you please link the gear and setup you where using especially for atziri and uber atziri and some 76 78 maps ;)

Reeeeeep summoner , now bis and gg item to go further..by the way its been like a month until I play summoner. .. maybe they ll do like convocation..I hope for then cause diversity will take a very big hit..non to speak about gem sharing (one reduced mana to resocket elsewhere)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Yes, spectres are supposed to be nigh immortal, because that is the nature of the skill, anything short of that and it ruins the flow of the game and forces repetitive annoyance (which is, as stated by Chris in the video of lies, one of the reasons for GGG to remove snapshot).

If they do force us to constantly resummon (which will be harder then it looks, since we already have a lot of casting to do as it is) spectres must be saved somehow and not just create nerfed copies of the monsters.

But we all know that probably won't happen and they will become of the most annoying skills to use, since right now at least they share the trait with other summons and so its not as glaring that you have to stop what you're doing and go and find your spectres to raize (which will happen more often, since we will lose 55% inc life from items, defensive bonuses of the helm and 2 links).

As I do agree that snapshot is a crutch, but we need it for a really comfortable play, because minions are UP in the survivalability department and nowhere near the top dps wise.

Most minion buffs were't done through minion gems themselves, weidly enough - GGG was to scared to overbuff them I guess. Weird, they weren't scared to make arc godly how it should have been from the beggining, why not minions? Why did we get uniques (that noone will use without snapshot) and other supplement skills. Why not make minions themselves actually capable?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jun 17, 2014, 3:58:29 PM
My lvl 90 summoner.

Spoiler

Stopped snapshotting a couple of months ago. Just a normal 6 link for zombies and a 4 link for spectres.

~7000 es.
~300 es/sec regen
75 resists

400 something iir 100 something iiq.

I use 4 auras.
Discipline+Vitality+Purity+Hatred or Haste depending on what spectres i use or what aura is missing in the party.

Just mapping all kinds of maps. Mostly 75, 76, 77, 78 until i run out of them. Lesser than that don't yield much exp for me. Playin mostly solo. Sometimes in a party as culler.

"
Malone wrote:
bullshits

Without any snapshot, minions have more than 8k hp, overcapped resist, life regen, life leech ... what do you need more ?

Minion can die ? yes and ? are they supposed to be immortal ? no.

Snapshotting for summoner was completely overkill for most of the game content, and completely counterproductiv for the hardest one ( atziry and hard hitter AOE bosses ).
This is my experience of lvl 91 summoner.. ( anyway levelling more was pointless , I had all the passives point I needed to faceroll everything )

There is absolutely no need no boost anything even if snapshot is fixed, that would be just crazy.

I agree with you. That's why i took the magic find approach instead of dps. I found my minions were doing quite enough damage and survived just fine so i equipped myself with mf items and gems instead.

I hope we don't get any summoner specific nerfs though. I'm kind of happy with how minions are now. They are really strong even with mf gems and items.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 18, 2014, 11:03:20 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
My lvl 90 summoner.

Spoiler

Stopped snapshotting a couple of months ago. Just a normal 6 link for zombies and a 4 link for spectres.

~7000 es.
~300 es/sec regen
75 resists

I use 4 auras.
Discipline+Vitality+Purity+Hatred or Haste depending on what spectres i use or what aura is missing in the party.

Just mapping all kinds of maps. Mostly 75, 76, 77, 78 until i run out of them. Lesser than that don't yield much exp for me. Playin mostly solo. Sometimes in a party as culler.

"
Malone wrote:
bullshits

Snapshotting for summoner was completely overkill for most of the game content, and completely counterproductiv for the hardest one ( atziry and hard hitter AOE bosses ).
This is my experience of lvl 91 summoner.. ( anyway levelling more was pointless , I had all the passives point I needed to faceroll everything )

I agree with you. That's why i took the magic find approach instead of dps. I found my minions were doing quite enough damage and survived just fine so i equipped myself with mf items and gems instead.

I hope we don't get any summoner specific nerfs though. I'm kind of happy with how minions are now. They are really strong even with mf gems and items.

Video of you doing 10-20 crematorium bosses with no spectres, preferably even zombies dying or those are just words (obviously not expecting it though, but I do not buy the stance on minions being ok on survivalability, since they are clearly not).

EDIT aspd for culling strike on zombies? Didn't get it at the begginig, lol.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jun 18, 2014, 12:57:15 PM
I think this might be the plan for the build after the next update:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMARX4OXBB0c1MHY1crbRlr28BUCPQxiHkD2wuCHsHzJ6l_xqKjWm1JUadcJDzZE3C7EZYvb5MnHNzyHsk9v5esPx6U3Fe0DB2q4YhGcZu1wzrKSm-egwkZivsJ9toaj-ssrEcZhipNFSBKfYd2Z6D8xd0NLOkppU4qW6-FMnTxGNuYrSj6V8k8juq6aqxakah90_uCx0WdmuB6quvuuJP6gCqY2QunCFXGz2XQ0I9GFm_315uhTbmqxIVgzLz60h0UgKQXL1XWZOfjajbpGYUkqvPdGmyQM4hApqwGSQ==

was thinking of using lightning coil instead of using the cloak. Then going down for the MoM passive. This will probably result in a even more tanky character then the previous cloak build. The coil has life and eva on it which will buff the effects of IR. Also green/red armor should be hell of a lot easier to chrome for zombies.

Head - alpha howls(depends on my aura reservation situation)/other defensive helm ->
reducedmana + aura1 + a2 + a3

weapon - +2cold/+1gem -> Empower + ArcticA + Convocation

shield -> IncreasedDur + vaal haste + flesh offering

body - lightning coil(more tank)/+1tabula rasa(more damage) -> RZ + empower + FA + Meleephysical + remote mine + Mstrike

glove -> reducedm + A4 + a5 + arc

boot - Maybe ullr or defensive boot-> raise spectre + support1 + s2 + s3

*We can just perfectly fit everything we need for the build, but all slots need to be used.

*Of course this is just speculation for now. I have no idea how GGG plans to change the passive tree and minion gems for the future update.

*Not really seeing a huge benefit of grasp 4x zombies vs 8x regular zombies. Grasp will also make arctic armor weaker for not having a +1/+2 wep.

*Sidhe breath, skull head, chober, pretty much all of the old snapshot stuff will be terrible now since the defensive stats on them is really poor.

* overall slower clear speed but hard boss fights will become much easier as you have everything on you to keep re-summoning zombies.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
mattc3303 wrote:

body - lightning coil(more tank)/+1tabula rasa(more damage) -> RZ + empower + FA + Meleephysical + remote mine + Mstrike

Better dust off that minion damage gem. Remote Mine/Trap will no longer function for minions when they fix snapshot.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There's some good feedback in your post that I'm sure some of the balance team will take into consideration, but I'd like to address this bit here and now. It's nothing to do with snapshotting specifically, so isn't part of this change, but 1.2.0 will also be changing "mine damage", "trap damage" and "totem damage" to explicitly mean damage dealt directly by a trap, totem or mine.
This means that if you place a mine that throws a trap that shoots a fireball, the fireball came from a trap and gets trap damage modifiers, but not mine damage modifiers. It came from the trap, not the mine.
Similarly, If you throw a trap or place a mine that summons a minion, and that minion uses an attack (or spell), then that attack or spell didn't come from a trap or mine and is not "trap damage" or "mine damage" so will not be affected by modifiers to either.

Just as with the snapshotting change, the balance team will also be keeping this change in mind when re-examining minions for 1.2.0.
I guess it is time to use minion damage again then. Well it all comes down to what the balance team decides to do with minion gems and minion passives. We just need to wait and see.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
kompaniet wrote:
My lvl 90 summoner.

Spoiler

~7000 es.
~300 es/sec regen
75 resists

I use 4 auras.

"
Malone wrote:
bullshits

Seriously. .don't want to seem offensive but I wont buy 4L zombies being able to handle even 74 maps. Dont want to call you a troll but even snapshoting 6L one with trap and remote mine they take their time to kill monster have 400 armor and 2% life regen and are not able to oneshot white monsters... let aside a 76 or 78 maps..

Nice try ;)

Or maybe if you take like 3 minutes white monsters..it will be doable..

Im gonna take a break and see what come with the expansion...I really lost many love when I lost my BM and was forced to eva (really liked my 1 bm 2 titties 1 eva setting)

Hope they find a solution before release.. or my break should go longer. .. as of now and the collected informations..no more zombies varieties
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
What spectre setup does everyone use nowadays? Is it better to do 6L spectres and 5L zombies or the other way around?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info