Power siphon Marauder (Tank, DPS, Can do any map) 23k+ dps, 5600+ hp (non kaoms)

Helloo m8

Love the build .... but can you let me see what you have on stats say offence, charges and defence in normal and buffs up pls

Greetz Demonchaser
Last edited by Demonchaser on Jun 28, 2013, 5:21:20 AM
Rolled
Spoiler

and finally got to start using chain + gmp/lmp. Also got quality LMP/GMP which I switch back and forth between when I'm soloing/with a party and a quality chain. Got a pair of Thunderfists, went from 10k dps single target (with 6 charges) to 14k. At 5ex the gloves weren't cheap, but they are quite a DPS boost. lvl 83 now, Id really like to hit about 90 or so but I really need good gear for higher maps (I top out at about 3.5k HP right now) and I dont have a ton of currency so... but we have a good group and I should at least get into the high 80's before I probably start leveling up something else, tim eto farm dem maps so I can get some better gear =D

This build is a lot of fun. 5 shotting map bosses when running solo... so much fun. I actually 4 shot merc piety (with diamond flask up) the other day, wish I had been streaming to record that. I was ranked about 169 in anarchy the other day and I usually only play 4-5 hours at a time when I can play which isn't every day, so that gives an idea how strong this build is with ok gear. (haven't bee able to play much since then and dropped back down to ~250 or so). If I had been able to no-life it for anarchy id definitely be top 100 right now, and I do not consider myself to be at all good at this game, props to the build on this one!
i respecced a ROA marauder to this siphon build after patch and i cant help but be emo about not taking + power charge on merciless bandit reward , does this just kill my damage later on ?
"
Demonchaser wrote:
Helloo m8

Love the build .... but can you let me see what you have on stats say offence, charges and defence in normal and buffs up pls

Greetz Demonchaser

I don't know why "in normal" matters since accuracy rating is displayed for the highest level monsters in the game, and my resists are still capped anyway (aside from chaos which I don't really think matters)

Anyway:
(KEEP IN MIND I HAVE FEW QUALITY GEMS! (Quality gems make a huge difference for this build)

-I have 5600 hp currently (hp on all my gear except my gloves)
-4500 Armor (No passives / No iron reflex / No determination)
-My AoE (With Gmp and chain) is roughly 5k dps
-My single target (With thunderfist) is roughly 20k (Keep in mind critical weakness gives a massive dps boost for crit builds)
-My single target with maligaro's is about 1k lower (but it raises my multi target and consistancy with crit chance so I prefer them)
-Crit chance is about 80% (with maligaro's)
-Crit multiplier is about 530% (I removed the crit multi for more crit chance in my tree and got a 70% crit multi amulet + maligaro's)
-All resists are 77 (without purity)
-Accuracy is about 1400 currently (I don't have accuracy on one of my rings yet, and I don't feel that accuracy is a problem as I rarely miss)

The dps is misleading because I do not miss nearly as much as the tooltip is calculating it to be.
Gotta go fast
I think by 'normal' he meant with and without charges up.

Interesting, I was thinking about using maligaros as well, I'll have to see what currency allows (I wont be selling my TF's though =P) and maybe do some testing. Since I'm running conduit I made one change which gives me a little more HP, frees up 1 point and loses a power charge.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzDkgPxBGWFCAUTRa_GS4ZhRnXGjgabBzcJKomlSepJ-0o-ilPMok2xTboNuk6Ujt8P3NGcVBCUEdQUFRJVUtVxlcNV-JYY1nzWm1aplv0Xz9h4mNDZk9te3BSdud35XjOf8aBSYV9h9uIa4w2jM-PRpBVkyeVIJ2jna6ezaIAoi6io6cIpzCnhKyqsji0DLVIuJO4yrndwBrAUcHzxtjPZdDQ0iHTG9SP2CTZYdsC3Mffv-OE5CLnUuvu7DjvDvIv8-r2SPyr

but Im finding lots of people are running conduit in anarchy since there are so many dischargers... I guess I will see and maybe spec out of conduit later, I've been hoarding regrets anyway.

The anarchy folks should keep in mind finding the same level of gear is a lot harder (try finding any tri elemental imbued wand for sale right now for instance). I have done some gear upgrades and still have 6 hp passives to get on the way to 90 but don't have the currency to get better upgrades, though to be honest I also haven't been able to find many (at least through the forum search tools). Id be much closer to TiMe4FiGhT stats if we were in default and I could get better gear (minus that beaut of a 6L, I'm sure I haven't had enough currency the whole time i've been playing to afford that).

That said with a good group this build works really well (little less solo power but a lot of utility in a group with enduring cry and frenzy on a second single target + conduit. Everytime I join a pub map group at some point someone says 'OMG CONDUIT' and we faceroll low level maps. Leveling was definitely the hardesst part so just take your time there, once the damage catches up once you get to wanding the fun starts (probably wasnt until around to lvl 72-5 for me)

One difference, with my differences in HP/armor I find having chaos res makes a big difference. Ymmv on this one, but Im at +7 chaos with some lucky finds for + chaos res gear (and can get to +20 with a different belt). Chaos damage still hurts but I can survive the Chaos snake map boss solo now when I could not previously (assuming it aggroes on me and not my bro totem skellies) and I no longer have to worry about the alchemists and snakes in other maps.

One of the fun things about this game is getting a better understanding of game mechanics through builds, this one opened my eyes to quite a few things as I had not really done anything crit based before... but the most fun thing is the power siphon swirlies as you one shot stuff in maps =D

Oh, and diamond flasks are win.

Now back to hunting Exiles...
"
baadtz_maru wrote:
I think by 'normal' he meant with and without charges up.

Interesting, I was thinking about using maligaros as well, I'll have to see what currency allows (I wont be selling my TF's though =P) and maybe do some testing. Since I'm running conduit I made one change which gives me a little more HP, frees up 1 point and loses a power charge.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzDkgPxBGWFCAUTRa_GS4ZhRnXGjgabBzcJKomlSepJ-0o-ilPMok2xTboNuk6Ujt8P3NGcVBCUEdQUFRJVUtVxlcNV-JYY1nzWm1aplv0Xz9h4mNDZk9te3BSdud35XjOf8aBSYV9h9uIa4w2jM-PRpBVkyeVIJ2jna6ezaIAoi6io6cIpzCnhKyqsji0DLVIuJO4yrndwBrAUcHzxtjPZdDQ0iHTG9SP2CTZYdsC3Mffv-OE5CLnUuvu7DjvDvIv8-r2SPyr

but Im finding lots of people are running conduit in anarchy since there are so many dischargers... I guess I will see and maybe spec out of conduit later, I've been hoarding regrets anyway.

The anarchy folks should keep in mind finding the same level of gear is a lot harder (try finding any tri elemental imbued wand for sale right now for instance). I have done some gear upgrades and still have 6 hp passives to get on the way to 90 but don't have the currency to get better upgrades, though to be honest I also haven't been able to find many (at least through the forum search tools). Id be much closer to TiMe4FiGhT stats if we were in default and I could get better gear (minus that beaut of a 6L, I'm sure I haven't had enough currency the whole time i've been playing to afford that).

That said with a good group this build works really well (little less solo power but a lot of utility in a group with enduring cry and frenzy on a second single target + conduit. Everytime I join a pub map group at some point someone says 'OMG CONDUIT' and we faceroll low level maps. Leveling was definitely the hardesst part so just take your time there, once the damage catches up once you get to wanding the fun starts (probably wasnt until around to lvl 72-5 for me)

One difference, with my differences in HP/armor I find having chaos res makes a big difference. Ymmv on this one, but Im at +7 chaos with some lucky finds for + chaos res gear (and can get to +20 with a different belt). Chaos damage still hurts but I can survive the Chaos snake map boss solo now when I could not previously (assuming it aggroes on me and not my bro totem skellies) and I no longer have to worry about the alchemists and snakes in other maps.

One of the fun things about this game is getting a better understanding of game mechanics through builds, this one opened my eyes to quite a few things as I had not really done anything crit based before... but the most fun thing is the power siphon swirlies as you one shot stuff in maps =D

Oh, and diamond flasks are win.

Now back to hunting Exiles...

I just thought I would point out that the actual Elemental part of the wand isn't actually that important (For cost purposes) Since you can get elemental damage on other pieces of gear. What IS important on a Wand though is a very High critical strike chance (mine is actually a mediocre roll) because all of your critical passives and boosts from other sources is calculated based on the crit chance of your weapon.
-For example:

Lets assume you do not have and inc crit chance on your wand and have a base of 8% or whatever and you have 500% increased crit from passives and gear, that will give you
48% Crit chance.

Now Lets assume you have a huge 35% crit chance roll on your weapon giving it a 10.8 Base crit, now your 500% increased crit will give you 64.8% crit chance.

This means you can get a wand with for example:
10-115 Lightning damage
13% Increased Attack Speed
35% Increased Critical Strike Chance
(Then whatever else is a bonus, be it accuracy, % damage, Multiplier.)

Then you can get a couple rings with a high added elemental roll and a % elemental roll or accuracy,
And an amulet with a high elemental roll and maybe accuracy and % elemental or something.
And a belt with a % elemental roll (which I don't have currently)

do this and you can easily get more damage than I have.

What WON'T be easy though is getting more hp than I considering I have nearly maxed HP on all my gear and also STR as well giving me a current HP pool of 5600 ;)

--

ALSO ON THE THUNDERFIST NOTE !

I have been experimenting with TF vs Maligaro's and I actually have been prefering maligaro's, Maligaro's gives more dps than TF (aside from the skill that is inside the TF's because of the added lightning). Also Maligaro's give 50% crit chance which as you know is nearly impossible to get on gear (the most you can get on an amulet is 38% I believe).
Basically when I crit shit dies regardless therefore consistancy in getting critical strikes is more important than getting a bigger overkill from a larger crit (which can potentially kill you on reflect)

Also I sold my TF's for 9 exalt today so I'm happy about that.

With 1 chrome :P

--

Also to comment on your old post about elemental hit, the tooltip dps is total garbage, but I did the math and the dps is actually significantly higher than PS (However not to the point that you can give up a weapon slot for power charge on crit)

I recommend giving elemental hit a try for your single target skill.
Gotta go fast
Last edited by FrozenSentinel on Jul 1, 2013, 2:52:30 AM
i have a question, why do you have more than one power syphoon gem equiped?
"
Budguy wrote:

he has multiples because one will be for AOE others will be for different single target gem set up probably depending on the map he is in.
"
nMotion wrote:
"
Budguy wrote:

he has multiples because one will be for AOE others will be for different single target gem set up probably depending on the map he is in.

Exactly correct. :)
Gotta go fast
I think I might start another char at which point I want to play with this build more, specifically I was thinking about using Maligaro's, respeccing out of conduit and playing a bit more with passives, but I can wait to do that as I have a pair of Maligaro's in default (if I don't get a pair here) and to be honest I'm pretty broke right now so a MF farm build is somewhat appealing... I wont be selling my tf's though, I can see using them for a lot of builds in the future.

I'm also thinking about playing with ele hit, if I could get the dex to support it it looks like it might be a nice single target skill.

After comparing with another wander I see your point about the crit on the wand (I understood the math but seeing the difference in action is impressive), he has a wand with higher damage rolls but no crit/attack speed and there is a noticeable difference when we play together as we both rely on crit (me to kill fast, him for crowd control with bullying), so I realize I actually have a pretty good wand for this build considering whats available (at least through the forums) in anarchy.

It also makes me realize

is better than I initially thought, I might just throw that wand in my offhand and use it as well rather than trying to sell it.

And yeah, I've specced as much damage as I can for now, finding HP gear with what I need on it (accuracy/dex/resists/str) is harder/costlier than I thought it would be, that said this build is still beast. I can throw my MF gear on (not that high, ~150/41) and faceroll low level maps/docks/lunaris 2/3 with 2700HP which I wouldn't even think of doing with any of my other Hp based chars (in maps at least). Those chaos recipes add up fast when you can blow through maps/docks/lunaris (been keeping me in currency its just a shame to have to use this build for that, id rather just do it with an MF build).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info