Power siphon Marauder (Tank, DPS, Can do any map) 23k+ dps, 5600+ hp (non kaoms)

i clicked on the 1.0.0 patch link phys wander build and you have elemental damage nodes, im curious as to why
id like to know what items except for moonsorrow u would use with it and auras too grace seems bad here as u dont get iron reflexes would u run determination and hatred or haste?:S
Last edited by supertaffer on Nov 6, 2013, 7:45:47 AM
"
Berndiges wrote:
I could need help with this build...I am currently level 70 playing Nemesis league.

This is my skilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS7ZYVcN0iGezacw974UIFBHAec26DpSMn4n7ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOGae-tI26SSqGYXjah0Uj0bQ0M9lVcYWb6cI2CQ2xdsC0xt4zj9zHwIEB0yzUDAtH20ZwfOio3_GJ6labSQ8p1xJURGWDkidqmKs1p2nNKIuUEKMNlVLSoxXh4Cu-u-iBMUo9ltZvDGJYbE=

This is my gear
Spoiler

I know the gear is not good, some items not even decent. I understand that the build requires expensive gear and that is about doing critical strikes.
Still, I am sitting here with 1,2k dps (LMP)...with 5 endurance charges up and a 52% chance to crit. 4k HP and 1,8k armor (26% reduction :(). So is the gear the only problem or did I do something else wrong? The char is fun to play, aslong as you don't want to kill monsters :D

Help me out please, and thanks in advance!

I think the problem here is the gear. I don't play Nemesis, I'm playing currently normal at lvl 53 and I have the same problem... less hp and less armor of course, but I think you're fine, but need more armor and crit. chance. Maybe you need to keep lvl and don't switch to the build right now...
this is mostly for Berndiges ur gear is fine id say get new boots and gloves the issue is u get no armor from passives at all really i asked about auras myself but i assume hes gonna atleast run determination else ur gonna die very very fast i dont play nemesis myself but 1800 armor is not enough at all i would suggest useing determination its 50% ish more armor this current build is focused around u more or less 1 hitting mobs when u crit em cause of the build in culling strike u only need to get mobs to 90% hp it has very low survival if u do get hit.
"
supertaffer wrote:
1800 armor is not enough at all

I am currently level 66 in Nemesis end of act 3 merciless and I have 360 armor and just as much Evasion.
With Cast on Damage Taken, Enduring Cry and Molten Shell you almost need no armor until really really late. Especially not as a ranged character.
However the damage is what limits your progress (especially the crit chance).
I would strongly suggest to level up with ST and transition into Siphon at level 75+ when you have all the needed crit nodes.
I'd really to try out this build, but I'm somewhat confused right now.

Why is the maker using 3 Power Siphons? I'm rather lost at that part.
Also, when should you switch over to Power Siphon? Or should I just use it from the beginning of the character?
It has 3 power siphons for different situations. One is for large packs, one is for single target. The last is for fighting bosses after your charges are depleted. It is linked with power charge on crit. It allows you to rebuild your charges that you would otherwise only get from killing. Since this build relies heavily on power charges it is necessary to have them in all situations.
Alright, I see.

Now I'm curious. When should a marauder start using Power Siphon? I wouldn't think it'd be effective early levels until you get some decent stuff.

Should you switch to Siphon at like 30? 40?
You can play till 40 or longer with 2-Hand since they were buffed in 1.0.0 (using Dual Strike for exmaple). Then if you have problems surviving switch to Lightning Arrow or 1H+Shield and infernal or dominating blow with multistrike, melee splash and blood magic gem or somehthing like that.

Switching to Siphon is recommended at ~70, 75 or so. Because you need those crit nodes and decent equipment.

That is my suggestion.^^
when do power siphon gems start to drop? i am at act2 cruel at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info