Power siphon Marauder (Tank, DPS, Can do any map) 23k+ dps, 5600+ hp (non kaoms)

This build is pretty awesome. Using it in anarchy with pretty crappy gear and one fairly major change getting conduit. Leveled using cleave then lightning strike after a group member found a beastly one handed mace. Now lvl 79 and mapping with friends. With the current popularity of discharge my relative lack of DPS in the 60's was negated by me adding conduit (think I got it around 62). I basically built HP and some crit first, made sure I branched the tree out so nothing was far away second, then started backfilling damage and more HP. I still have a couple power charges and a lot more HP to get at lvl 79 but surviving hasn't been an issue with the exception of a few map bosses. A summon skele totem early game helped substantially and I still use it occasionally, though I usually use devouring totem when I use a totem at all now. My DPS isn't particularly impressive yet, but solo I can 1/2 shot most white mobs and I have solo'd up to 68 maps. In parties the difference in DPS (mobs having more HP reduces my crit rate) is somewhat negated by my party loving me for charges (but since 75 my damage is starting to scale up and I don't feel "useless" in parties anymore in terms of DPS). Some decent gear and some quality gems would make this build shine so that's what I'm working on now, hopefully thunderfists and a decent 5l are in the near future.

Very Slightly modified tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQQHBLMOSA_EEZYUIBRNFr8ZLhmFGdcaOBpsHwIkqiaVJ-0o-ilPLR8yiTbFNug6Ujt8P3NMs1BCUEdQUFRJVUtVxlcNV-JYY1nzWqZb9F8_Y0NmT20ZbXtwUnbnd-V4zn_GgUmIa4w2jM-PRpBVlSCdo52uns2iAKIuoqOnCKcwp4SsqrI4tUi4k7jKud3AGsBRwfPG2M9l0NDSIdMb1I_YJNlh2wLcx9-_44TkIudS6-7sOO8O8i_z6vZI_Ks=

Crappy gears
Spoiler

I went with the Astral plate and Kite shield for the intrinsic resists as gear is still hard to come by/expensive in anarchy (at least for a scrub like me) and the jewelry/belt changes around based on how hard the map is. I have some decent MF gear that I swap in on easy maps, double curse on hard ones and 'regular' gear when the MF gear doesn't cut it. I also swap single target from frenzy/power charge on crit to power siphon/faster attacks when I solo.

Was also wondering if you ever tried ele hit for single target and if so what you thought?
Last edited by baadtz_maru on Jun 19, 2013, 12:00:12 AM
"
Gekko101 wrote:
at what lvl do u start using power siphon?

what skills do you level your character with until then?

much thanks!!

I think ive answered this before, but I used cleave, then lightning arrow (cause I had lioneye's) then I switched to ps
Gotta go fast
"
baadtz_maru wrote:
This build is pretty awesome. Using it in anarchy with pretty crappy gear and one fairly major change getting conduit. Leveled using cleave then lightning strike after a group member found a beastly one handed mace. Now lvl 79 and mapping with friends. With the current popularity of discharge my relative lack of DPS in the 60's was negated by me adding conduit (think I got it around 62). I basically built HP and some crit first, made sure I branched the tree out so nothing was far away second, then started backfilling damage and more HP. I still have a couple power charges and a lot more HP to get at lvl 79 but surviving hasn't been an issue with the exception of a few map bosses. A summon skele totem early game helped substantially and I still use it occasionally, though I usually use devouring totem when I use a totem at all now. My DPS isn't particularly impressive yet, but solo I can 1/2 shot most white mobs and I have solo'd up to 68 maps. In parties the difference in DPS (mobs having more HP reduces my crit rate) is somewhat negated by my party loving me for charges (but since 75 my damage is starting to scale up and I don't feel "useless" in parties anymore in terms of DPS). Some decent gear and some quality gems would make this build shine so that's what I'm working on now, hopefully thunderfists and a decent 5l are in the near future.

Very Slightly modified tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQQHBLMOSA_EEZYUIBRNFr8ZLhmFGdcaOBpsHwIkqiaVJ-0o-ilPLR8yiTbFNug6Ujt8P3NMs1BCUEdQUFRJVUtVxlcNV-JYY1nzWqZb9F8_Y0NmT20ZbXtwUnbnd-V4zn_GgUmIa4w2jM-PRpBVlSCdo52uns2iAKIuoqOnCKcwp4SsqrI4tUi4k7jKud3AGsBRwfPG2M9l0NDSIdMb1I_YJNlh2wLcx9-_44TkIudS6-7sOO8O8i_z6vZI_Ks=

Crappy gears
Spoiler

I went with the Astral plate and Kite shield for the intrinsic resists as gear is still hard to come by/expensive in anarchy (at least for a scrub like me) and the jewelry/belt changes around based on how hard the map is. I have some decent MF gear that I swap in on easy maps, double curse on hard ones and 'regular' gear when the MF gear doesn't cut it. I also swap single target from frenzy/power charge on crit to power siphon/faster attacks when I solo.

Was also wondering if you ever tried ele hit for single target and if so what you thought?

Will give ele hit a try tommorow just keep in mind the tooltip dps for ele hit is very inaccurate.
Gotta go fast
Hello,

I am also using this build. Currently level 59 and leveling with lightning strike atm. (Which started to being suck because of low dps)

I just wanted to see how much dps power siphon shows. Power siphon was 200 dps without any support gems. Am i doing something wrong or is it normal?

The only thing different in my tree is, i picked resolution technique to level easier in better maps. I will refund it and go for more crits later.

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks.
"
akinunal1337 wrote:
Hello,

I am also using this build. Currently level 59 and leveling with lightning strike atm. (Which started to being suck because of low dps)

I just wanted to see how much dps power siphon shows. Power siphon was 200 dps without any support gems. Am i doing something wrong or is it normal?

The only thing different in my tree is, i picked resolution technique to level easier in better maps. I will refund it and go for more crits later.

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks.

u cant use resolution technique
its a crit build, resulation, destory the build totaly :)
ign RipDesyncRipRm
Hey,

I respecced over RT and gone for more crit in passive tree.

The problem is, i got only 300 accuracy. Missing most of my hits even in merciless ledge. (I am still 59.)

Trying to level with lightning strike, but is there any better skills?

Hope you guys give me some ideas, because i feel like i am stuck in this level now.

Current passive tree:

Ps. I got some currency to buy items. Like 5L chest, very good wand etc. Maybe you give me some ideas with what to do with my currency. (Around 25 GCPs.)

Have a good day.
Last edited by akinunal1337 on Jun 22, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
At the absolute least you would want to spec out of RT, have some decent ele gear on and probably throw weapon ele damage on power siphon to get an idea of the DPS. The tooltip DPS isn't that high, Im at ~891 dps in town with PS(+13%)+LMP+WED+life leech at lvl 80 with most of the gear I linked before, out of town with auras and power charges up it goes up to ~2500 and I one/2 shot white mobs. It occurs to me cleave/LA would probably be better to level with, the mace my friend lent me is actually pretty GG, we have looked and only found 1 or 2 maces that were better (considering it was a 1 handed lvl 56 mace). Probably be much easier with a bow as you have the standoff range.

"
akinunal1337 wrote:
Hello,

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks.
Find some cheap gear with accuracy, it makes a huge difference. I found helmets/rings/amulets with accuracy in the 2-4 chaos range before I even started wanding because it made a difference with LS since I never took RT.

"
akinunal1337 wrote:
Hey,

I respecced over RT and gone for more crit in passive tree.

The problem is, i got only 300 accuracy. Missing most of my hits even in merciless ledge. (I am still 59.)

Trying to level with lightning strike, but is there any better skills?

Hope you guys give me some ideas, because i feel like i am stuck in this level now.

Current passive tree:

Ps. I got some currency to buy items. Like 5L chest, very good wand etc. Maybe you give me some ideas with what to do with my currency. (Around 25 GCPs.)

Have a good day.
Hello,

Thanks for your helps. Made my accuracy 1200 and i have no more problem with missing. Leveling so easy in docks right now.

Current gear:
Spoiler

"
akinunal1337 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your helps. Made my accuracy 1200 and i have no more problem with missing. Leveling so easy in docks right now.

Current gear:
Spoiler

:D!
Gotta go fast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info