Ruler of Wraeclast Pack

"
hightower_nl wrote:
But now companies rush their game to the BETA stage, open up a cashshop and sell stuff with no real value for high prices, just to get more money. It doesn't make this game better, just more focused on P2W.

I agree. The new supporter pack weapon effects add far too much base damage.
"
hightower_nl wrote:
I think it's very clever of this company to introduce 'support' packs for outrageous prices. Because MMO's attract many different kinds of people, from the poor to the very rich. They don't lose anything by selling these packs, so they thought "why not?"

great points. yup. however pointless as this game is not a MMO

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55086

"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I don't care if Charan is a billionaire or a debt laden hobo.

I DO!

Are you saying you're either one or the other? :P

"
hightower_nl wrote:
People that buy stuff like this in a BETA game give a signal to the company that people are willing to pay for nonsense stuff, and continue to design more nonsense stuff instead of great content.

Almost.

People are willing to pay for "nonsense stuff" - and GGG continues to design "nonsense stuff" - in order to make great (non-P2W) content.

And for nonsense stuff, most of it is pretty cool.
Last edited by EpsilonWhale on Jun 10, 2013, 6:58:01 AM
"
ualac wrote:
"
hightower_nl wrote:
I think it's very clever of this company to introduce 'support' packs for outrageous prices. Because MMO's attract many different kinds of people, from the poor to the very rich. They don't lose anything by selling these packs, so they thought "why not?"

great points. yup. however pointless as this game is not a MMO

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55086

Nor P2W.

Above all, the game is FREE, so they don't sell cosmetic microtransactions and supporter packs to make more money, they sell them to make money. Money to, you know, fund their development.
Last edited by Widukind on Jun 10, 2013, 7:01:00 AM
If I'd actually received the stuff from my Diamond, I'd probably go for the Eternal thing as well, despite not even playing anymore. It's hard to justify buying another custom avatar and unique when I still didn't even receive my first one yet :(

As for the Ruler of Wraeclast pack, I'd have to still be actively playing the game to even consider it, but when you consider the resources that go into designing, rigging, animating and doing the AI for a new monster, I don't think it's really a high price, it actually seems pretty fair to me. Respect to Charan for actually doing it.
"
"
Zahndethus wrote:
Ah if only I could afford to drop 12.5k myself.
Oh well, Eternal pack is still quite nice! The more uniques I can get in this game the better!

Eternal pack is fucking amazing. That weapon effect, that pet. All those points. Design a unique. Get an avatar. Get swag.

It's incredibly good value if you are aiming to support at that level.

it's all about dat chaos orb keychain, man! :P
Charan - Thanks for supporting the game to this extent! I wish I go for for the Ruler pack myself, but i'm currently in-between jobs.

I'll probably pick up the Eternal pack myself later.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
If I'd actually received the stuff from my Diamond, I'd probably go for the Eternal thing as well, despite not even playing anymore. It's hard to justify buying another custom avatar and unique when I still didn't even receive my first one yet :(

it's no use sitting there and complaining.

unfortunately GGG have a boat-load of things to do so sometimes this stuff falls off their radar. if you want your avatar or unique then mail them directly. they give you the email addresses in the diamond supporter newsletters youve been getting so you have no excuse. drop them a line, and see where things were left off.

(and it's not just you that's been ignored, so don't think you're some kind of special exception :) . not only do I not have my unique made, but they seem to have taken my idea and implemented it already in another unique. go figure. however i cant be screwed complaining about it, and if i believed it was an issue that i'll be losing sleep over then i'd have mailed them.)
"
ualac wrote:
if you want your avatar or unique then mail them directly. they give you the email addresses in the diamond supporter newsletters youve been getting so you have no excuse.

I did email them, they said the artist would be in touch (think that was around four months ago). I haven't received any newsletters, though if they were sent out en masse then they are probably somewhere in my spam box, I'll go take a look.

Whatever, it isn't important and I'm not complaining that I don't have it, I'm simply making the point that I'm not spending any more until I get what I already paid for. I'd imagine there may be other people in a similar position, it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Edit: I checked my spam, I haven't been getting the newsletter.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 10, 2013, 8:30:19 AM
Why do people get so bent about how someone spends their money?

I think GGG so far is doing a fantastic job with the resources they have and so I support them in a fashion that comfortable for me (That and I LOVE the Divine Weapon Effect).

Regardless of Charan's (or anyone else) financial situation it's their money and if they choose to spend it supporting GGG that's their business.

GGG so far has proven themselves to be exactly the kind of company I think a lot of people have been waiting for in the gaming industry.

I feel that the open dialogue with the players, dedication to their vision, and overall skill they've shown in making POE a great game is worth supporting.

If someone can support cool! If you can't afford to or don't like the game/company enough to do so that fine as well It's you money do with it as you please. But don't shit on other people because you choose to spend your money differently.

Last edited by Lotgh on Jun 10, 2013, 8:30:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info