Ruler of Wraeclast Pack

Ooooops, Charan! You did it :))))) Even if it seems to be a little decadent at the first glance to give so much money to a PC game that is none else but pixels, I think you chose the right company. Thanks for investing in a great idea!

( Why is there right now a vision in front of my eyes that my witch bowing her knee in front of you, offering her sword on both hands and saying "my loyality to wraclasts new ruler"....lol)

Guess a lot of people told you already how your monster should look like. I will stand in that line by revealing that I was really fascinated by "Tipua Kaikohuru". The pure sound of these words made me google for it straight away and I found the meaning of it even more fascinating. More of this stuff, please!

Hmmm..... and what concerns certain voices here, I guess when I got some time and the right mood, I will make a thread about "agent writers" , just opening peoples eyes towards a certain kind of postings.
Last edited by Moonlight33 on Jun 10, 2013, 2:11:05 AM
"
"
inDef wrote:

Glad to hear this is the case. I've seen a handful of peoples lives get wrecked by the money they dump into games. These kickstarter campaigns make me sick. The 2 million for Camelot Unchained and their expected release is 2015-2016...what a joke. People donated 10,000+ to that campaign and I'm sure some of them ruined their lives because of it.

I'm 100% for people spending their money the way they want, given it won't create a financial burden on them or anyone else.

When someone spends 10k on a game recklessly and can't afford bills...it's everyone else who has to pay for it.

As a very old DAoC player (roleplayer, to be precise), I was going to kickstart that one, but to be honest, I agree with you. Kickstarters are a very risky, very dangerous game. I have been in a few but never for more than a few hundred bucks, at most. Usually less than.

Because while it might seem I am reckless, I do like to have a sense of things beyond a video designed to be humorous and heartfelt but more often than not little more than amusingly contrived.

GGG proved themselves to me when quite honestly they had no idea they had to. Chris gave one of my very early forum posts (one of the best I've ever written, which just goes to show that sometimes you do get it right first time) a shout-out in-game not long after I got here. He didn't know that I could support the way I have, that I was anything other than just another enthusiastic ARPG junkie seeing in PoE a hope that was ungracefully dumped by certain other parties. And from then on, I saw nothing but humility, sincerity and good old hard work from the GGGang.

There have been missteps but always there has been honesty. And I'll support an honest, humble company that makes missteps along the way far more readily than I'd support a dishonest one promising the world and delivering only more promises.

People did liken the Closed Beta support packages to kickstarter, but there was one fundamental difference: the game already existed in a playable form. If you weren't sure, you could put in ten bucks, try it for yourself and leave it at that. Heck, now it's *free* and people are still supporting all over the place.

A kickstarter is about buying into a vision; it's about faith. Supporting GGG at this juncture is much more about buying into a foundation, less about faith than experience.

I would likely scorn someone who put 12.5k into a kickstarter. I imagine those packs that sell are probably groups of people pooling funds, such as the Shadowrun 10k pack which included having the founder actually run a game of Shadowrun for you. That's pretty awesome for a group deal. As others have said here, it's their money, so be it. But try-before-you-buy just seems to make a lot more sense to me than buy-and-then-try when you're talking thousands of dollars.

After all, I actually test drove my car this time before buying it -- last time it was a Corolla hatchback and they're pretty much a done deal; one's much like another. This time, I actually told myself 'no, you MUST know how this feels before committing.'

That ability to try before even putting a cent down is, to me, the essential difference between what GGG did and what kickstarters do. It is a big one.

On the other hand, if we were to continue THAT analogy, the car dealership would have let me drive the car home and keep it, and then presented me with possible optional payments if I really, really like the car.

...Man, that looks ridiculous now I type it out! :)

That is well put, and in many ways I agree with you.

Buying into a vision is a risk, and one that is not to be taken lightly (unless you are like that lady who won the 680 million dollar lotto)

Hell, I wouldnt even dump as much money as you have on this, because I am unsure at this point as to which direction the game is headed, regardless of how much I make. Bills, as always, come first and college comes second, but perhaps you just get a better feel for things than I do, or perhaps you have just been playing it longer.

I would love to support them in the same way you do, for sure, but thats for another day I would imagine.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
inDef wrote:
When people fall into debt and poverty because of their own financial irresponsibility it is the rest of us that have to pay for it.

1. It's none of your business what people spend their money on.

2. If you live in a society with laws that allow people to spend money they don't have, that's a problem with your society and its laws.

3. People with more money contribute more taxes (on net) and use less public services. If they happen to fall on hard times and need a hand back up, you could think of it as repaying them for putting your children through public schools or any of the other public services that they bought for you under threat of imprisonment.

4. One man's loss is another's gain. If one person puts themselves into debt by spending money that helps a business to create more jobs, that isn't an overall net loss for the economy.

I don't care if Charan is a billionaire or a debt laden hobo. If he has access to the funds without stealing and he isn't hurting anyone else, then it's none of my business what he spends it on.
"
I wear metal tshirts and old jeans.

So can we call you Ned Kelly then?
"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I don't care if Charan is a billionaire or a debt laden hobo.

I DO!

Honest question, Charan. How many millions do you have?
See you, Space Cowboy...
Why are people ripping on others who spend their money on this game? $12,500 is an absolutely insane amount of money to drop on a game, but damn...I'm not complaining. It will help to contribute hugely to the development of PoE! I'll get a Regal pack next week! Well done to everyone who does this and also to everyone else who supports the game in any way they can :)
if you think $12.5K is a lot to spend on a game, check out this amazing offer.

EDIT: on second thought - no, wait. don't click the link Charan :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 10, 2013, 5:03:37 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
if you think $12.5K is a lot to spend on a game, check out this amazing offer.

EDIT: on second thought - no, wait. don't click the link Charan :)

In fairness, that might actually be a pretty good offer depending on the specs of the car (though it looks like a pimped out ktm x-bow which is worth substantially less than that).
soo much jealousy in this thread.

some people can spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on video games, some can't. whatever.
I think it's very clever of this company to introduce 'support' packs for outrageous prices. Because MMO's attract many different kinds of people, from the poor to the very rich. They don't lose anything by selling these packs, so they thought "why not?"

However i think spending money on games that are in BETA is wrong.

Back in the days most companies tried so hard to make great games and then publish it when it was polished and completed. Then when they charge money for it, people would pay them and it must've felt like all the hard work payed off.

But now companies rush their game to the BETA stage, open up a cashshop and sell stuff with no real value for high prices, just to get more money. It doesn't make this game better, just more focused on P2W.

People that buy stuff like this in a BETA game give a signal to the company that people are willing to pay for nonsense stuff, and continue to design more nonsense stuff instead of great content.

People... Sigh, that's why i like dogs more :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info