Fisting in 11.1 HanFistedFirst - Lvl 81 Facebreaker/Bringer of Rain Melee Build [Updated]

Does a lack of resists not cause problems for this build? I mean, glancing over your gear you barely have any cold/fire resist unless my math was terrible.
Last edited by Vexura on Jun 12, 2013, 1:12:21 AM
so yea lv70 now and need to figure it how to wrap the build up.

For more armour/dmg/aoe radius (go for duelist start point). Done in lvl84:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjIaOBv6IQIhYCXfJ-0otSmlLdIyCTboNuk6UjrYQKBDY0OcR35N2E99UEdQUFFgVElWBFcNWGNY9VnzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNZp5wfXFNcql07XTxeu97jHy7fNmAVoFvgziE2YTvhmCMdozPkFWRzpkrms-dxJ48nrmezZ_LoLSiAKQZpzCnhKmVq8Wsqrcxud29gcAaxtjKkNIh1I_ZYd-_4urjaudS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv9kj3vvrS-6o=

For More life, Done earlier in lvl78:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDq0UIBRNFm8Y2xkuGYUaMho4HRQhAiFgJKon7Si1KaUt0jIJNug26TpSOthAoENjQ5xN2E99UEdQUFFgVElVxlYEVw1YY1j1WfNfP2BLYIhhUmaecH1xTXKpdO108Xrve4x8u3zZgFaBb4M4hmCMdozPj0aQVZHOms-dxJ48nrmezZ_LoLSiAKcwp4SplayqtzG53cAaxtjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh37_jaudS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--tL7qg==

Whole Package: lvl93
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0OrRLhFCAUTRZvGNsZLhmFGjIaOBv6HRQhAiFgJKol3yftKLUppS3SMgk26DbpOlI62ECgQ2NDnEd-TdhPfVBHUFBRYFRJVcZWBFcNWGNY9VnzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNZp5wfXFNcql07XTxeu97jHy7fNmAVoFvgziE2YTvhmCMdozPj0aQVZHOmSuaz53EnjyeuZ7Nn8ugtKIApBmnMKeEqZWrxayqtzG53b2BwBrG2MqQz2XQ0NIh1I_ZYd-_4urjaudS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--tL7qg==

what you guys think? input welcome :)
IGN: Rainku_Arc
Last edited by rainku on Jun 12, 2013, 1:33:12 AM
"
Vexura wrote:
Does a lack of resists not cause problems for this build? I mean, glancing over your gear you barely have any cold/fire resist unless my math was terrible.

alot of resist come from passive from the shield block area, diamond skins etc
I can get max resists if I need them with rings if I sacrifice a little DPS. With all my reductions up without my resist gear I get around 70 in fire and lightning and max in cold. At the end of my second video I show what this looks like.

Also, for what it's worth, the next video I'm finishing editing tonight or tomorrow is of me doing a Merc Piety run without dying only wearing the belt, gloves and helm. I may go back and see if I can do Kole, but that is doubtful. I'm curious if there is a more naked run of her out there.

To be honest, outside of maps with elemental weakness + equilibrium rolls and the such I
haven't had any real issues mainly because you get a lot of resist, as Rainku pointed out, from the passive tree.

The biggest thing is making sure your Fire resist is high. It helps against instant killing yourself against ele reflect groups for sure.

But yes, I'm still in the market for higher level rings and boots with stats along the lines of x-y physical, health, and tri resist. Just getting decent versions of those items would max all my resists, as I'm pretty close now.

I can't look at trees currently, but I'll take a look when I get a chance and figure out what I'm going to do as well. I've currently just been too happy punching everything to care.
Last edited by justicemilk on Jun 12, 2013, 9:45:50 AM
You're wasting 2 points on Increased Melee Physical Damage. Spec out of it and you will lose probably about 30 DPS AT MOST.

Increased Melee Physical Damage nodes only affect your weapon. Which is your fist. Which is 2-5 physical or something like that.

As such, quality gems that give Increased Melee Physical Damage are pretty useless. The only things that really help you on the tree are Resolute Technique, Attack Speed (which is big because it gets multiplied by multistrike). Accuracy and Crit would help too if you didn't get Resolute Technique.

However, the More Melee Physical Damage (from gems) is a multiplier and affects all of your physical so that's fine.
Also, Increased Physical Damage (without the word "Melee" - so like on the Infernal Blow gem) affects all your physical damage as well, then gets multiplied by the facebreakers and melee physical damage gem. So in other words, a Rustic Sash is decent - it will decrease your DPS but allow you to get more life and resistance. Oak reward is also great.

Just giving suggestions and information as I run a Hardcore level 74 Facebreaker character myself.

You should also use the Hatred Aura, it'll add a lot of DPS.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
@Theuberclips

Yeah, I've dropped the melee phys already. Oak reward is great, I was sort of dumb on that one. I need to put up my updated tree soon. Hatred is definitely needed for this. I agree, outside of my completely illogical, erm, hatred, for sissy auras. At work currently, so tonight.

I've considered a sash, but for me, lacking the stats hasn't been a huge deal.

These are all good suggestions for sure though. Feel free to post your gear in here! I'd be interested to see what you're doing build wise as well.

When do you stream as well? I'll tune in!
Last edited by justicemilk on Jun 12, 2013, 11:52:39 AM
"
justicemilk wrote:
@Theuberclips

Yeah, I've dropped the melee phys already. Oak reward is great, I was sort of dumb on that one. I need to put up my updated tree soon. Hatred is definitely needed for this. I agree, outside of my completely illogical, erm, hatred, for sissy auras. At work currently, so tonight.

I've considered a sash, but for me, lacking the stats hasn't been a huge deal.

These are all good suggestions for sure though. Feel free to post your gear in here! I'd be interested to see what you're doing build wise as well.

When do you stream as well? I'll tune in!

I grabbed the Kraityn Reward personally but wish I had gotten Oak for Cruel.

I'll probably post my own thread for how I'm built eventually - I've already posted a long thing on Build of the Week Submissions.
Spoiler

If you can't tell, I use Immortal Call to grant myself Physical Damage immunity. It makes my character SUPER tanky as well. Cyclone is my main DPS skill at 4460 or so with auras, but that's tooltip. Actual is around 8.9k as Cyclone hits twice per spin, thus should be twice as much DPS.

Grabbed all the Increased Duration on the tree and just life nodes as well as Master of the Arena (which is big for any cycloner). Working to get to Berserking right now.

For streaming, I stream whenever I feel like, but I'm also working mostly on Onslaught. I really want to make this character on there as it's such a fast farmer and an amazing solo build.

Very Nice!

I enjoy the cyclone playstyle a bunch. What would you estimate your uptime on immortal call to be... I may try to incorporate that a little bit.
"
justicemilk wrote:
Very Nice!

I enjoy the cyclone playstyle a bunch. What would you estimate your uptime on immortal call to be... I may try to incorporate that a little bit.

Currently 18 seconds with all 9 duration nodes, level 16 20q increased duration and immortal call, 7 endurance charges.

I believe it will be a bit over 19 when they are level 20 gems.

With 2 enduring cries I can keep it up against bosses easily. Warlords mark with quality means you almost always have the charges ready too.

I just want to make this stronger for party play, probably getting life leech on tree or gear.

I also have not checked how hard mobs will hit in extra damage as elemental yet... Will soon. I'm most scared of getting shotgunned by multiprojectile mobs. Especially because I have -30% chaos resist

I found blood rage really useful especially when I solo grinding for exp. Since any aura will chip away our precious hp lol
Last edited by rainku on Jun 12, 2013, 9:56:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info