Fisting in 11.1 HanFistedFirst - Lvl 81 Facebreaker/Bringer of Rain Melee Build [Updated]

Greetings Folks! This is my first guide and for it I bring you the ridiculousness that is the man that just can't stop fisting, bringing with him almost 22k on infernal blow single target and over 18.5k dps on aoe infernal blows.

11.1 Has made this build literally insane. The dps increases are out of control.

I give you the most naked build to date that is able to solo/facetank Merc Kole, Piety, and now maps with marginal gear, but abundant manliness.

The Build:
More or less take whatever you want as long as it is defense and armor. I've got Resolute, Iron Resolve, Unwavering, and Blood Magic. Otherwise, just running around for defense and armor.

The Gear:
Meginord's Girdle, Bringer of Rain, and Facebreakers are mandatory for the build. Otherwise, I'm currently just working on getting everything geared up with resistances. These are the gems I'm rocking now too!

Spoiler
]

Stat Summary:
22k dps on single target infernal blow
18.5k dps on melee splash infernal blow
13.9k armor
near all resists maxed without endurance charges, maxed with.
70% chance to block
86% reduction with 6 endurance charges.

Leveling:

Infernal Blow and Facebreakers can carry you all the way to lvl 67 if you get a decent amount of life leech or run leech sockets. I will also say, that if you feel discouraged in the 60s with this build in terms of DPS get to lvl 67. Once you hit that level all bets are off. The bringer of rain jumps your DPS so immensely it isn't even funny. Just make sure you are getting mitgation/health nodes as you level and all will be fine.

Pros:
-Bind one spell to all your keys and fist all the things while leeching massive life and making people explode.
- Able to show off manly physique.
- Seems relatively quick so far.
- Hard to die

Cons:
- Elemental Reflect is painful.
- Not many sockets, but this isn't a huge deal because you are a mindless marauder monkey whose only goal in life is to fist everything to death.
- Bringer of Rain does not look nearly as manly as it should.
- "extra gore" doesn't stack.
- Constant singing of "I'm too sexy" will give group buddies concern.

The Skills:
The bread and butter for this that I've found is:
-melee splash (buffed and awesome)
-Infernal Blow (this should be quality as it modifies melee splash)
-extra fire damage
-multistrike

In really ridiculous situations or if you want to feel like you never die, just add switch the extra fire for a life leech gem, then you really can't die.

Otherwise, your character's body is a wonderland, you can run anything you want. I have a dominating blow linked up in the facebreakers currently, but will likely get a couple auras (disappointing to the manliness). Sissy auras

UPDATE:
As you can see from the gear, I've added auras, and changed gems accordingly.
- Hatred is the best increase to DPS and makes up for losing added fire in your Bringer of Rain
- Haste is wonderful too.
- I run purity or grace depending on party and situation. This is helpful.

More or less auras don't hurt your dps but add a bunch of utility to the build. This is the right way to go for sure.

Bandits
Oak, Oak, Oak/Skill

The last point, I think, works either way. The mitigation in this build seems fine thus far, but I could see having an extra endurance charge being good too. Guess it depends on what you think that point will get you, but I don't see the jump from 5, 6 or 7 endurance charges to be a huge deal.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7LWScdFL1c&feature=youtu.be

First crappy teaser video up and running for a minute. Unlike this Marauder, who can fist for days without even thinking about breaking a sweat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfqCRM2zlRc&feature=youtu.be

Kole kill again, with a boring map run! Stats near the end of the video!
Feel free to invite me ingame for the fisting fun or maps runs.
Last edited by justicemilk on Jun 29, 2013, 11:33:55 PM
It looks like a nice and fun build!
Do you plan on recording some videos?
Leap slam doesn't work for this?

I'm trying it now and it won't work for Face Breaker.
"
BlueTank wrote:
Leap slam doesn't work for this?

I'm trying it now and it won't work for Face Breaker.

Leap Slam requires a weapon... axe, mace, sword or staff, I'm pretty sure. Never made sense to me or my Facebreaker build, either. Punchy McSplosion wants to jump.

This is basically the build I'm going for, if I can ever get my hands on Meginord's and Bringer of Rain.
For Bob's sake, it's not rocket surgery.
I weapon swap to use it, and it's in there to be silly... honestly no clue why there was one in the facebreaker actually...... lol
Last edited by justicemilk on Jun 6, 2013, 8:48:55 PM
Interesting. What is your current dps/armour/hp?
IGN: Rainku_Arc
Deleted
Last edited by rainku on Jun 6, 2013, 11:46:13 PM
@rainku

I'll be adding a video going through current stats and showing some punching tomorrow at some point.

For now:
With molten shell up i'm right around 10k armor without auras. so around 80% phys reduce with endurance charges up.

I've got 2k health as well. Once I get something better I'll be switching out the neck, although the health reduction hasn't been a problem so far. I've only died to desync since hitting 67. A fair warning is that this build will desync a decent amount.

My dps AOE infernal blow is 8.2k, and single target is 9.7k without auras. I'm working on getting at least haste built into this and run with folks that can help give me more auras. Part of what I want to add to the video is stats with more buffs just to see where it can get.

Last edited by justicemilk on Jun 7, 2013, 1:22:39 AM
thanks for the reply! I will be waiting for your video then~
isn't the magnet belt better for dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info