0.11.0 Patch Notes

"
bjarky wrote:
"
Berskerker wrote:
Im trying to figure out where this melee buff is coming into effect? my hp is lower and so is mobs dmg so my armor helps a little more i see that, but the hardest fights in the game and the hardest things to tank are all elemental damage, when it comes to that, my hp is lower and so is monster damage, but my max resists are also lower meaning ill be taking more damage from this stuff post patch...endurance charges nerfed, resists nerfed, max resists nerfed and my life is nerfed and mob dmg is nerfed.... how is this a buff?

all the general melee dmg nodes are getting a buff, first oak quest is getting a buff, dmgbelt is getting buffed and some other specific phys itemclass nodes are also getting a buff.

the melee dmg nodes are all well and good, but when they talked about melee needing a buff they said it was because they couldnt survive as well as ranged classes because they had to be up in the mobs faces, which made it seem like they were trying to buff our survivability to some degree as well, which i feel like theyve done the opposite for the most part
by reducing monster dmg and not reducing armor fx, your phys resist will be much more effective.
on the ele resist side, they have lowered it in order to match the lower monster damage and on top of that some of the monste dmg skills that where op, fx puncture or alchemist chaos bombs and some other monster skills have gotten an greater nerf than the general ones.
making it easyer to manage, survivability wise.
and now melee players can kill monsters faster after the patch aswell it will also help in that order to stay alive easyer as an melee.
damn that grammar, wasnt born with english sry hehe
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
Last edited by bjarky on Jun 5, 2013, 2:04:03 PM
"
Azixo wrote:
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
heyyous wrote:

Still waiting for situational/utility skills btw.
I don't understand why you would balance a game around spamming one skill rather then giving us tools to use to make the fights funner/ more fair.

This is a big deal to me. Even in a game like WoW you'll have 5-10 skills that you use in combat, where this game you have maybe 3. I really wish they would add cooldowns to abilities and weaken the ones that don't have cooldowns to use as filler.

Using one skill constantly is really boring.

This isn't WoW.

You're right, it isn't WoW. Its an ARPG in 2013. It has a relatively complicated(potentially) passive tree, and a large number of skills/supports. For all of that to be in place, but the end result to still come down to spamming one ability, there is obviously something wrong.

I could load up Diablo 3 right now and have more active abilities to use.
"
You're right, it isn't WoW. Its an ARPG in 2013. It has a relatively complicated(potentially) passive tree, and a large number of skills/supports. For all of that to be in place, but the end result to still come down to spamming one ability, there is obviously something wrong.

You can have as many active abilities as you have sockets in your gear. It's not the game's fault you don't want to use them.
Last edited by Endrju82 on Jun 5, 2013, 2:09:02 PM
"

The only thing that is limiting the active abilities for you to use, is you. The game is not limiting it, aside from the number of available keybinds.
IGN - Jiizanthapus
Last edited by Kthx on Jun 5, 2013, 2:10:26 PM
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
heyyous wrote:

Still waiting for situational/utility skills btw.
I don't understand why you would balance a game around spamming one skill rather then giving us tools to use to make the fights funner/ more fair.

This is a big deal to me. Even in a game like WoW you'll have 5-10 skills that you use in combat, where this game you have maybe 3. I really wish they would add cooldowns to abilities and weaken the ones that don't have cooldowns to use as filler.

Using one skill constantly is really boring.

And with what class you need to use 5-10 skills in WoW in combat?

Mage: Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-ohh free instant pyro-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball

Rogue: Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Rupture-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Eviscerate

Warrior: Spam some 2-3 skills which are not on cd and when u got rage

Wlock: Refresh dots as affli, spam Incinerate as destruction and spam shadowbolt as demonology

I just can't see your point here. So -300 for this. You just don't know the idea of Hack'N'Slash!
"
Qraparta wrote:

And with what class you need to use 5-10 skills in WoW in combat?

Mage: Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-ohh free instant pyro-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball-Fireball

Rogue: Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Rupture-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Sinister Strike-Eviscerate

Warrior: Spam some 2-3 skills which are not on cd and when u got rage

Wlock: Refresh dots as affli, spam Incinerate as destruction and spam shadowbolt as demonology

I just can't see your point here. So -300 for this. You just don't know the idea of Hack'N'Slash!

Just to be fair, you are wrong about 75% of the examples that you just posted.
IGN - Jiizanthapus
1. This is a dungeon crawler in an essence,lack of skills,and even more,lack of situational skills is sort of a must-have for this type of game.
Don't like it? your playing the wrong game.

2.Trading in PoE,along with it's massive passive skill tree,is like a trademark for this game,they said they wanted and intended it to be that way,so it's perfectly fine.
Don't like it? your playing the wrong game.

3.the nerfs and buffs really won't change nothing much for anyone survivability-wise,if you cannot see it,you are blind.

In short: I don't go to racing game forums and squeel about patches that they don't include new guns,new characters,new raids,and new instances,because it's a racing game.

This is not WoW,this is not Lineage,Aion,WoW,or Guild Wars II.
People always cry about games being too similar to each other,and when some dev comes out and think's outside the box,you lot again are not satisfied.

Grow up.
Cool downs don't fix spam. It only makes spam slower and not fun.
Physical damage nodes being increased by roughly 50% means you have to take significantly less of them in order to deal a respectable amount of damage. Armor is more effective and enemies deal less damage, you can spec out of armor a little bit. That leaves a fair amount of passive nodes saved through efficiency in a melee character build.

What're you going to do with those extra nodes? Chase down more elemental resists, that's what.

Melee characters waste less nodes = melee characters get stronger by picking up good nodes. No confusion here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info