Updated Open Beta Date Information

"
Kabraxis wrote:
I would like better not have an ETA that have an ETA pulled from ass that is given only to let the hype flow.

And i dont care how nice they are. Im a customer and im dissapointed. Its simple as that.

For me there is nor difference when Blizzard gives me crap and GGG gives me crap. Crap is crap.

BTW. I really eager to see his massive imorovements to combat that causse the delay. Will you rewrite engine GGG so i can cast boff without stopping my char? BEcause that will make combat 300% more fluid and satysfiing.

If YES... I will love you again.

As a customer, you should realize, as Chris stated, that the map system went a lot deeper than they expected, they probably had a lot more ideas they decided to implement in the process, and you as a customer are the one who will profit from their work.

Of course it took longer than they expected, but they decided to go forward with their vision, and I'm glad they did.
Standard: Shiverlyss, Lythyssa, Solaris, Goldorak, Clash, Cleavage, Sunflow.
That's a bummer, but it's for the best. You guys have been great with keeping up regular and meaningful updates, and there's only so much your small team can do.

I hope there's an open beta before the holiday blockbuster rush. I've gotten the sense over the past week especially (with Blizzard's concessions about the endgame of Diablo III, and then the Wizard invulnerability exploit) that the disillusionment over Diablo III is the strongest it's ever been. People are looking for alternatives, and GGG need to take advantage of this opportunity before the AAA titles dominate headlines and mindshare.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Jul 25, 2012, 8:28:58 AM
@sunflow:
As a customer i have only words and after this promises not kept. I dont believe game developers - now i dont believe even GGG.

When i see this messive improvements with my own eyes ingame then i will judge that i get profit from this delay or not.

ATM i have only words and i classify them in the same place that last topic with schedule = 'crap that is given to not let hype get down'.

Last edited by Kabraxis on Jul 25, 2012, 8:31:18 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
@sunflow:
As a customer i have only words and after this promises not kept. I dont believe game developers - now i dont believe even GGG.

When i see this messive improvements with my own eyes ingame then i will judge that i get profit from this delay or not.

ATM i have only words and i classify them in the same place that last topic with schedule = 'crap that is given to not let hype get down'.

Your negative perspective isn't helping anyone.. I can understand that you might be disappointed, but Eta's are not promises, they are estimates.
Standard: Shiverlyss, Lythyssa, Solaris, Goldorak, Clash, Cleavage, Sunflow.
@ GGG: Do us all a huge favour and take all the time you need. :-)
"
Kabraxis wrote:
@sunflow:

I can understand you are disappointed, but... Are you a developer? Because I am, and I was never able to give an accurate estimation during all these years. And I don't know anyone who can. There are ALWAYS elements you hadn't think at first, last-minutes bugs, and features ideas that make you think "oh God I MUST implement this, even if it delays the product again".

Even Blizzard that is supposed to be the "pro" have delayed Diablo 3 for YEARS. Their mistake was to release it while it was STILL not finished, when they should have delayed it again.

I don't want GGG to do the same thing. Yes they will delay the game again and again but in the end the game will be polished and nearly perfect.
That's the same thing for all developers. Either stick to your inaccurate estimation and release an unfinished product (=> Diablo 3), or refine your estimation each time you add major changes, and release a memorable product that will satisfy almost everyone. I really hope GGG will choose the latter.
Last edited by Rhalph on Jul 25, 2012, 9:35:34 AM
"
Chris wrote:
we don't have to release the game in an unfinished state.

Take as long as you need to; we don't mind.
IGN: Lothias
Rarely are developers (even Indie) so in touch with their base.

Chris, you and your crew do an amazing job listening and keeping in touch and updating (aside from making an amazingly fun game). Keep it up, we appreciate it and will gladly keep supporting you guys!
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Im a customer and im dissapointed.
You're not a customer, you're a supporter. GGG doesn't owe you anything. You donated money in order to get access to a closed beta, you got said access.

Post moderated by staff. Please keep it civil.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by Rhys on Jul 25, 2012, 10:00:41 PM
It's nice to see that right now, the perspective of someone like kabraxis is outnumbered 25:1 in this community.

.. but I know that won't last. The larger the community gets, and especially after OB, it will get ugly. No matter how good the game is, there will always be entitled gamers that believe the world revolves around them.

TL2 was announced to launch Spring/Summer 2011. Still not out. I'm still going to buy/play on day of release. My life is not dependent on the game being released. I just look forward to it.

There are plenty of other games that have shown they can meet their promised deadlines and deliver a crap product right on time.

It's pretty obvious to most of us which scenario is better for the gamer and the developer.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info