Updated Open Beta Date Information

The first of those patches was deployed this week. It took around a month longer than intended, but we are extremely pleased with how it turned out. This additional time was spent developing the Maps system and Act Two boss fights to be much more advanced than we initially planned.

In addition to the two large patches left that we want to achieve before entering Open Beta, there are a few other minor areas that we plan to improve (such as general combat polish, our initial selection of microtransaction items, and some client stability issues) that were not properly factored into the original schedule.

At the moment we're hard at work on PvP and finishing the Act Three content. It's looking really awesome - I can't wait to show you guys.

One of the lucky things about not having a publisher is that we don't have to release the game in an unfinished state. It's extremely difficult to schedule so many complex systems accurately, and having to release prematurely can completely kill an online game.

I'm sorry that we're delaying the start of Open Beta (again), though as much as I want to see it released, I would much rather release a high quality product.

I don't want to commit to a new date estimate today. I'll update with a better estimate as soon as we have one available. It won't be too much longer - you can see based on our progress through the patches that we're getting pretty close!

Physical supporter swag (t-shirts, posters, etc.) is being finalised and produced soon. The scheduled for shipping these has been unaffected by this delay.

Thank you again for your great feedback and continued support of Path of Exile. I hope to chat to as many of you as possible during the upcoming Public Stress Test weekend!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 5:43:29 AM
"
Metalica24 wrote:
But dumbing down the skill tree or the game, that i dont like at all.

I completely agree. You'll hopefully find that we're adding more depth with each patch. Systems like curses, totems, traps, auras, maps and such have been added in the last year and make each version quite a lot more complex than the last.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Please it civil, guys.

On topic: It's hard to make estimates about when it'll all be finished. We don't mean to keep pushing it back, but there are times when we find that we need to squeeze in more awesome and that takes time, etc.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info