Updated Open Beta Date Information

"
Chris wrote:
[...] though as much as I want to see it released, I would much rather release a high quality product.

This makes the wait more than worth it!
Last edited by phoenix360 on Jul 25, 2012, 12:06:56 AM
It's ready when it is ready, I am fine with that.
NSW, Australia.
"
Kyliathy wrote:
Chris, to be completely honest? You can launch the game in Open Beta in mid-2013 for all I care. I feel just fine playing it the way it is. It's also great to witness all the changes as they take place. The more, the better. Some people just don't realize how AWESOME it is to be in something from the early stages. Well, sure, I'm new here compared to others, but I've been here some time and I highly appreciate what I got out of this time: witnessing the evolution of a product.

This.

Even many old players still don't get this, the longer is the better since GGG is behind this game. Take as long as you need to, no one is rushing you, solving all the problems before OB is the most important thing really.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
The fact that we can always play *some* version of the game, and so often it's a newer one than a month or two ago, pretty much nullifies any complaints people might have regarding the delay of Open Beta.

Indeed, I'd say at least a few of the 'closed beta' testers are enjoying the process of experiencing each patch as the game evolves. They are afforded more than a glimpse into the evolution of a truly excellent game.

They know it'll be worth the wait.

I'm excited about what Open Beta signifies and the state of the game at that point, but at the same time I think some part of me is going to miss the intensity and wonder of Path of Exile's closed beta and its many iterations, each better than the last. :)
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
I have been working on how much I enjoy this game for a long time. I had finally gotten to a state where I thought it was really great but then Chris DOUBLED IT!

Pushing back open beta and release date for making more polished game is ok with me.

But dumbing down the skill tree or the game, that i dont like at all.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
No problems Chris, the past few weeks I was having similar concerns and was making posts here to expect delays as some d3 exilers were getting anxious (as well as the recent rumours of TL2 being delayed).

Hope gaming media sites (I'm looking at you, Joystiq) will report accurately this time.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
no problem, then i can play Dark Souls and Torchlight 2 on the PC until the Open Beta :)
IGN: kReiZy
With each delay expectations rise... People will expect so much from open-beta. But I agree with the delay decision anyway.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
Metalica24 wrote:
But dumbing down the skill tree or the game, that i dont like at all.

I completely agree. You'll hopefully find that we're adding more depth with each patch. Systems like curses, totems, traps, auras, maps and such have been added in the last year and make each version quite a lot more complex than the last.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info