0.9.11 Two-week Hardcore Race League

"
Chris wrote:
Okay. That's sensible and I will do so.

Yay, thank you! Will definitely have a go now :) Though playing hardcore will be a very interesting way of learning the new skill tree :D
This is a sweet idea, obviously I won't win because I don't want to end my relationship but hey, I'll try with what time I have.

Even better, this gives me good incentive to get statistics ready for long-term races and also live updating.

I'm thinking of polling every 15 minutes which would be 96 times per day for 2 weeks.
Game on!

Tbh, this sounds incredibly entertaining now not only do we have to manage time in game but out of game as well. I guess its time to hire a chef and a babysitter and also find a way to turn my computer chair into a toilet.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Jul 23, 2012, 2:46:34 AM
"
DarkNRG wrote:

turn my computer chair into a toilet.

ROFLMAO
I'm BACK :)
"
Chris wrote:
We're also going to work out a schedule of random currency items to be given to players who reach certain levels. I will update this post once those have been decided!

Thanks, Chris! I'm pleased to see this was added. Yet another example of GGG taking community suggestions onboard!

Like others have said, I won't have the time to be competitive for the top prizes. This gives me a nice incentive to try out hardcore and maybe earn a few extra orbs along the way.
I'll give it a go, maybe try some new builds on some characters I don't usually play
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
I'm up for it! Will see if some SotW brothers will rock out in this race too :)
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
Nice. I always was weary of the 3 hour races, but I like the 2 week idea.
I dont think, to limit the maximum playtime to some hours would solve the problem, I'd expect to make it even more worse then:

lets say, the limit is 20 hours and you can spend barely this amount as an average player. if you are lucky, you'll stay alive and reach, hm say level 48...

now, the top players will not even be able to top you, and may reach level 55 or more - no: they just can take time and do additional chars that also beat you...
(all numbers just example)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
A cap on total hours played (daily or otherwise) would make this competition far more skill based (as opposed to based somewhat less on skill and somewhat more on free time available) and probably increase overall participation as well.

Otoh ill be there either way; more events are always welcome.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info