0.9.11 Two-week Hardcore Race League

If anyones looked at the level ranges of the different classes on poestatistics.com. The Templar is one of the lowest average level ranges of the competition. Max lvl 58, min lvl 37.
Shadow has the broadest range of levels, going from 78 to 28.
With, Ranger, Marauder all had similar level spreads and averages.
Duelest did OK, while not topping the charts, they averaged a lot of lvl 50s. range from 73 to 39. So second worst class of the comp.

I think there was a breif convo above about the templar, I found there were not many defensive nodes near the start, especially for health.
Templars dont need defense, they believe in their faith and strength ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
kompostownik wrote:
We will make special subpage in our statistics website (poestatistics.com) with list of all deads(2851)

lots of deathes, nearly doubled the amount of chars that reach the checkered flag... (even more if you count every account/player just once)

would like to see also, who died first and, especially, as the last one in the race... ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Event Experience

This was a very fun race, and had what was a very unexpected outcome for me. Even though I can play pretty well in short duration leagues, I wasnt expecting to place even in the top 20 in a long term one.

It was my first character above level 64, and I had a lot of fun. For those of you that dont know, I heavily enjoy playing in parties and find solo playing kind of boring and pointless. That being said, I played in groups for most of the event, and had a lot of fun doing so.

Started the event with Dime and IMDissapoint, who both died in the end (im sorry I didnt protect you enough while you were afk dime). After my first round of playing, I was forced to solo for awhile, and didnt really join up with new party members until I hit maps.

I wasted about 7-8 hours farming pyramids when I should have started doing maps immediately (because I had some already), but even so, I ended up joining up and being in the first party for many of the maps. It was at this point that IMDissapoint died to a map with slightly overconfidently selected mods combined with an unlucky monster turnout.

I continued on with Arioc in maps, until he decided to stop levelling at level 70, where I continued on alone for a time.

It was at this point where I joined up with Machoke, when I noticed him on the ladder & wanted to share my maps with someone (I either got a level 66 map alone or with Machoke, but I cant remember)

Before doing the level 66 map, we decided to invite Kaijin & Furyflame to our party to do the map with us. We ended up getting a level 68 map from the final boss, and if you were watching the rankings, you would notice that both our new party members shot up in the rankings significantly from this. The level 68 map 'Torture Chamber' was really fun, the final unique boss was Oversoul, the act 2 boss.

The only problem with the fight was that we all experiences significant graphics glitches, and could barely even target the boss because we couldnt see him on the screen.

After this level 68 map, I became somehow 'cursed' as Fury & Kaijin told me, and we all had really bad luck with high level maps, as well as having one level 65 map refusing to even activate.

Thanks to everyone who partied with me, I had a blast. And thank you to duolc for providing a link to the csv file, I tried to download it using my phone when the event ended, but for some reason my phone download was unsuccessful.

EDIT: Got the names of the maps wrong, apparently Torture Chamber was a level 66 map, so that must have been a different boss (had the Brutus soundtrack, but Ill leave you to find out who the boss is). The level 68 area I mentioned was actually called "Maze"

Rewards

400 Microtransaction Points (valued at $40)

25 exalted
32 divine
25 regal
17 gcp
21 blessed
31 chaos
26 alchemy
23 regret
31 scouring
30 fusings
26 glassblower's
32 chance
31 chromatic

Unavailable
Unavailable

Last edited by Metronomy on Aug 8, 2012, 10:58:18 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
hi,
i wanna say something to being a templar in that race. i played my templar to 58, obviously everbody else quit earlier or started too late to get him higher :P

for those interested:
Spoiler
getting to 58 in that time was only possible due to the help of my ranger-friend viras who constantly carried me through harder parts of the acts. cheers! :D

maybe my build was too little focused. my plan was a tanky guy with es aura and tempest shield who casts ele weakness and ice novas and destroys everything.
i had 67% block chance, 8% for spells, max block would be like 5 more passives. 2k life, 1k es, always max res.
also used fireball for resist cold mobs or dangerous situations and had 3 zombies for safety as well as a totem :D
melee was glacial but actually pretty useless as my scepter had +72% spell dmg but like 60 dps.

fellshrine was awesome: ghouls not moving because frozen and dying after 3-4 novas, skellies in the distance dying from shield dmg while i was killing ghouls.

BUT:
- mana problems were huge :D about half of my bubble was reserved for aura and shield.
- damage output compared to other players i partied with was ... meh. i mean, with ele weakness and when catching about 8 mobs with some novas was good. but i always need to get many cursed mobs in nova range... or shoot fireballs which dont not ALWAYS hit xD
- minions werent really tanky because no passive buffs.

general event feedback:
- really great, always wanted to play, just didnt have enough time. (or the right class chosen :D) (nah, well, being first templar is cool, haha ^^)
- i found a map in merci forest (lvl 53 mobs), i found not a single unique :( (even though i did do mf runs with like +160 rarity)
- next race should be like a month or something, then a shorter one for a week or so.
- oh, almost forgot: buff templars plz :D

thank you, ggg and everybody, for the race!
Last edited by k4jf on Aug 8, 2012, 7:59:14 AM
I partied with k4jf along on this last race, and I really noticed the kill-speed difference for his build. His tank-path was very helpful - it was much, much easier to take down bandits, but there seemed to be clear problems when he levels on his own, compared to me leveling on my own.

Here is my build, optimised for health upgrades and slowing through Hatred + temporal chains. With a couple of well-traded bows the DPS is fine up to Merciless Pools+Streams.

What I mean is, if we both went more offensive using decoy totems instead - we would be effective both in party and individual situations. :P I think this would've worked better than a tank/semi-DPS combo, although I'm not sure how a better 4L-spell such as 2xtotem+ice spear would fare compared to ice nova.

It would be worth checking a 5-link fireball with concentrated area of effect. I'll go play a spell-caster next. :P
Last edited by zharmad on Aug 8, 2012, 10:02:43 AM
Just to clarify, the first post says that another 2 week race will run "2 weeks later". Does that mean one will be starting today, or that one will be starting in two weeks?
I cant find where it talks about the other event, but there is a statement that specifies the duration of the event in writing, which you might have miss-read.
"
Chris wrote:
It will run until the same time two weeks later.
Really enjoyed the Two-week Hardcore Race League hope we can have another one soon :)
I hope to see another 1 week or 2 week HC race!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info