0.9.11 Two-week Hardcore Race League

"
Chris wrote:

The reason we haven't given prizes for each class is because we don't want to encourage players to play classes for any reasons other than gameplay ones. We want to find the broken classes. If the ladder is all witches, then we know what we need to improve.

This is make sense.
I think shadow and duelist now is hard and unpopular, but they are fun, so don't think if there not alot of this classes they a broken.
ign: Bikvin
"
triada13 wrote:
Not really good idea how i think.
People who have a lot of time will win. A lot of players may find 2-3 hour in weekend to try win some stuff but 2 weeks...

I 100% agree with this. I recommended a similar league a long time ago that was the same concept but with an "hours played cap".

2 Week Hardcore league that caps at 20 hours played would give everyone the chance to see how far they can get in a league much longer than 3 hours without the downside Chris mentioned long time ago about encouraging players to play long consecutive hours.

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
triada13 wrote:
Not really good idea how i think.
People who have a lot of time will win. A lot of players may find 2-3 hour in weekend to try win some stuff but 2 weeks...

Nobody said it was replacing the weekend leagues. If you don't have the time, then this league is not for you. At the moment I don't ethier. But that doesnt mean it's a bad idea. It's also a HC ladder, so even if you don't have much time, a few careful hours a night, can get you quite far.

Maybe add Orb rewards for reaching certain levels? For the more casual/time-restrained player, this might intice them to try.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
"
Panda413 wrote:
I recommended a similar league a long time ago that was the same concept but with an "hours played cap".

Great idea!!! They should do this also.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
"
Panda413 wrote:

I 100% agree with this. I recommended a similar league a long time ago that was the same concept but with an "hours played cap".

2 Week Hardcore league that caps at 20 hours played would give everyone the chance to see how far they can get in a league much longer than 3 hours without the downside Chris mentioned long time ago about encouraging players to play long consecutive hours.

+1
Great idea!
You have 2 week to manage 20 hours of playing and do your best. Looks really good and fair.

"
Nobody said it was replacing the weekend leagues. If you don't have the time, then this league is not for you. At the moment I don't ethier. But that doesnt mean it's a bad idea.

Yep it's not a bad idea, but it's looks some unfair.
Maybe i just envy, great prizes and i do not have much time. :D
ign: Bikvin
In South Africa GMT+2 It will be Wednesday 02:00 25 July

OK I have 1 concern. I think it will be totally unfair to race against the "Alpha Testers" who have been playing this for the past 2 weeks already. And we ALL know how ImDissapoint loves these races. (Yea I love you too m8).

I totally support "Time Played" as opposed to the continuous 2 weeks.

There really should be at least some other prizes - at least give prizes for achieving "Milestones" such as level 50, 55, 60 etc. However no player should qualify for any 2 prizes.

Ya Ya Ya - you all know I'll be there :)

Edit:
I just realized the difficulty involved regarding the "Time Played" concept. This is to be a "Ladder Race". I doubt there is any way they could divorce a "Standard Ladder" from a "Time Played Ladder". We would literally need 2 ladders. Also - people would not want to waste time trading.
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Jul 23, 2012, 1:51:19 AM
So if I can stay alive 2 weeks I win? Sounds fun. Goodbye life.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
well for me i'm on from 6 am untill 1-2 am 24/7 so this outa be fun as i don't like hard core lol, maybe i'll make one now and get some practice in lol.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
I strongly suggest adding some currency item rewards with multiple tiers for different character levels reached. As it stands, if you don't think you have any plausible shot at being in the top 20, there's no incentive to participate. Getting a few currency items just for doing 'pretty well' will get a LOT more of us to play, methinks. I don't see any reason to bother rolling a character there 'just for fun' when I could play one of my existing HC characters with access to the larger HC economy. If you really want to push for lots of participation, you could set aside some of that microtransaction currency as random rewards based on the level tiers, so that reaching higher levels would earn you a higher chance to win some (IIRC you've done this with orbs in some previous events).

TL;DR: add some prizes that are either guaranteed or randomly raffled and which require only that you reach a certain fixed level rather than being in the top X of anything. That way, everyone feels like they have an attainable goal that will earn them rewards.
Okay. That's sensible and I will do so.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info