Looting -- The official thread for discussing the loot system. Updated 18th March, 2013.

"
TremorAcePV wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:

Yes I have two characters mapping and over 40 maps in my stash up to level 73. That BS about no being able to sustain maps as a solo player is just that... Bullshit.

You're one of the lucky ones. RNG matters in this. For some, luck is awesome and you get good maps. For others, most people, sadly, that's not true.

Actually, in the long run, it is true. I have been on both ends of the spectrum. There are days where I end down 20 maps total... there are days that I am up 20 maps total. If you have a good system and stick to it you will end up alright. I did run out of maps one time, bought seven 67 maps and made a conscious effort to roll maps in a way that allowed me continued access to maps. In the time since I have been up to as many as 60 maps and have seen wild variance day to day, but overall it seems pretty well balanced as long as you are putting some effort into rolling them and clearing EVERYTHING.
The Loss of name plates is an awful change.

I get that you dont want players grouping up with random people.
Thats why I only play with my friends, people who do not ninja nor wish to.
But now, with no name-plates. The moment something drops and NOT everyone is there to see it, its impossible to know who's item it is.

Can we atleast get a /roll command to random determine who's loot it is?
"
The moment something drops and NOT everyone is there to see it, its impossible to know who's item it is.

I don't even know where to start with posts like this. It blows my mind.

Are people that post this stuff totally oblivious on how to play a game like this?

Just take what ever, and give your friends the shit they need. Theres so much, who cares?

Its like some people where home schooled in a small, dark room with no windows their entire life.

When my freinds and I play, especially maps. We can barely hold enough stuff that shit is bustin' out the seems.

Instead of sitting back wondering how to slice the pie evenly. How about, you all shove your faces till you're full and worry about the crumbs later.

Last edited by Vooodu on Mar 19, 2013, 9:51:59 PM
There is a disconnect in the intent of "partying" and "FFA looting".

Does GGG not see this?

One promotes teamwork, one promotes self interests. Why would someone party, if the probability of their loot being taken exists? Public partying has no incentive, and combining these philosophies only encourages solo play and a cut throat attitude. People will only party with people they trust.

Notice how people state that the removal of name plates was a bad change? It is because they party with people they know or because they want to assign loot in a random manner.

GGG: it's time you get rid of this stupid cutthroat idea.
IGN: Yufled
"
Evn wrote:
There is a disconnect in the intent of "partying" and "FFA looting".

Does GGG not see this?

Its becoming painfully apparent that NO they do not see this.
Strange at best.
I like the lootsystem, but the problem i see with it, is the following:

Sometimes i am not fast enough or was half screen out the line of sight of my loot and diddnt get it, and yeah thats annoying, BUT i like it, i accept it, THATS THE GAME ;)
<=>
But on the other hand if someone else is to slow or not in the near to grab his loot and it is ME, who grab the loot, when it becomes available, than a VERY FEW people are aggresive and insulting me very very bad.

So much potential for conflict.

Those people who insulting others should calm down,at the moment THE LOOT SYSTEM WORKS LIKE THAT and you should stop abusing others.
Last edited by chrizs on Mar 19, 2013, 10:28:23 PM
"
Vooodu wrote:
I don't even know where to start with posts like this. It blows my mind.

Dude. I am totally thinking the same thing in every post you make. It blows my mind.
IGN: Mibuwolf
Starting to lose interest in the game... Latest patches are making my gaming less enjoyable. Solo-play is getting pushed away, very disappointing. Afraid to see what the next patch ruins or takes away from my experience.
I like the system, and the improvements are awesome.

GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
I don't think the system needs to change at all, but one improvement MUST be made - some indication of whose drop a particular item was on ALL items. A 5pixel colored vertical rectangle on the left of each item that matches the same color on the left of profile pictures of each player in party (unique to each player), and WHITE to indicate that the item is yours. If it is not white it was someone elses.

I say this for the obvious reasons - I cannot know if I'm taking someone else's item if I was offscreen when it dropped and I moved into view after the timer expired. In fact, it may be impossible for the group to determine who the item belongs to.

I actually enjoy the dynamics of snagging, in my opinion ffa or loot timer duration should be able to be set by the party leader up to a maximum of 20seconds even. However, I'm perfectly happy with the current system as long as some indicator like I suggested illuminates who the item originally dropped for.

Now that names have been removed this indicator is more important than ever, as previously at least one person in the party would usually be able to read whose drop it was and call it out on teamspeak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info