Looting -- The official thread for discussing the loot system. Updated 18th March, 2013.

Hey bro, you don't realize that this game has looting options. I am PMing you now in case you don't come back to read this. There was no need to resurrect this dead thread. Use the permanent allocation like everyone else who doesn't like to compete for loot. Case closed.
Standard Forever
"
Vooodu wrote:
"
fevgatos wrote:
There can't be FFA without the ninja part. You may not be literally ninjaing items, but the moment you camp X item for 3-8 seconds till the timers get removed so you can pick it up, you are leeching. And since you are not the only one doing that but probably most of the party (especially if something valuable drops) then half the party is leeching xp from people that dont want to camp each other's loot. If you haven't been in a PA party, join one. See how much faster the game is.

My god, people like you make me want to uninstall poe and never touch an ARPG ever again.

Why is it back in D2 the term NINJA didn't exist? When did this bitchy term become so popular?

Camp z item = Being blocked by stupid timer. Nothing more and nothing less.

You people see the game wrong. You see it as griefing, leeching or entitlement. I see it as shit flopping on the ground. Some people bitch like kids and others just keep rolling and killing and not giving a shit.

BTW PA is not faster. Its boring and dull. If I see a drop I like I have to pretend it doesn't exist and come back later to pick it up.. That's faster? Also PA is not fair at all, watching RNG + RNG allocation is a pain in the ass.

If its ffa, being ninja'd is impossible. Short allocation and being boxed out of loot that allocated to you is retarded.

This thread is pointless.

Make two servers, one with FFA loot rules, the other with individual drops. Then come back in a month and see which one is more popular.

Problem solved.
"
KellionBane wrote:
This thread is pointless.

Make two servers, one with FFA loot rules, the other with individual drops. Then come back in a month and see which one is more popular.

Problem solved.

i like that idea :-)
"
Chris wrote:
We initially announced that looting is free-for-all in Path of Exile. Players would be able to see and pick up any items that dropped.

It's important to us that Path of Exile has a cut-throat feel where players are not only competing against monsters, but also their fellow players. We do not feel it is an option to arbitrarily hide items from players who have not been allocated them.

[snip]

Players who wanted an allocated looting system will hopefully be happy that this system mitigates item loss due to latency and travel distance.

Players who wanted a free-for-all looting system will hopefully be pleased - with this system they can take any item they want if the allocated player is not paying attention to the drops.

NEVERMIND! whole game is perm allocation now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info