Looting -- The official thread for discussing the loot system. Updated 18th March, 2013.

at its current state (now) the game is somehow mixed ffa with a 2.6s base assigned-allocated loot.
probably further modified in the future.
Looks like this thread won't reach 1000 pages after all (:
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I stop posting for a while and apparently we got a loot patch...

...a loot patch that really doesn't solve any problems.

It really seems to me like the further GGG deviates from the D2 formula, the less they actually know what they're doing, and yet they seem to have this idea that they're the only ones who know how PoE players are supposed to have fun.
"
XCodes wrote:
and yet they seem to have this idea that they're the only ones who know how PoE players are supposed to have fun.

That was Jay Wilson, not Chris Wilson.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
This is definitely a better system then the other one which was confusing to people and has a lot more screen clutter.

However the current system is even more of a push to competitive only style of play. I still don't get why GGG feels that this game needs public games to only have a competitive system. Oh well the game is great single or with people you know. They can do what they want.
Standard Forever
"
XCodes wrote:
It really seems to me like the further GGG deviates from the D2 formula, the less they actually know what they're doing, and yet they seem to have this idea that they're the only ones who know how PoE players are supposed to have fun.

Its become increasingly clear since OB started that Chris is out of touch with gamers. The choices he is making are mind boggling to say the least. This loot change is just another example. It really makes no sense, and imo actually made the whole situation worse.

Its almost like there haven't been dozens of ARPGs over the past 15ish years to learn form...
"
"
XCodes wrote:

Its become increasingly clear since OB started that Chris is out of touch with gamers. The choices he is making are mind boggling to say the least. This loot change is just another example. It really makes no sense, and imo actually made the whole situation worse.

Its almost like there haven't been dozens of ARPGs over the past 15ish years to learn form...

Could you give a couple more examples? I think the loot change went in the right direction (more time to pick up loot, loot entitlement drama reduced, less screen clutter) and I can't think of other "mind boggling" changes so yeah.
"
XCodes wrote:

Indeed!

give us teh options to chose a loot system when we make the groupe!

FFA No timer what so ever, ninjaes go have your fun!

GGG style I dont know what they think they are doing ???

D3 style! Fair play

let us chose how we wanna play!
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
XCodes wrote:

Indeed!

give us teh options to chose a loot system when we make the groupe!

FFA No timer what so ever, ninjaes go have your fun!

GGG style I dont know what they think they are doing ???

D3 style! Fair play

Yes, indeed.

If PoE is supposed to be a "gamers' game", the primary objective should be freedom of choice how to play, since gamers are as different from each other as people are in real life. Or is this news to someone?
One thing this latest patch has definitely taken away is any level of control the maker of a non-ninja game had over fair item distribution. If You can't see whose the name on the item originally was, You can't really enforce any rules. Of course, You may laugh at this, but no control for such a game maker means much less freedom for him, and much more for the ninjas.
In the original post, it says that the timer was introduced to level out chances in what otherwise is supposed to be a cutthroat game. Well, my suggestion is either You guys in GGG go all-out for cutthroat and give up on item naming altogether, or make the cutthroat league ASAP, with an FFA system for everybody, and leave the choices in the default league to game makers.

Oh, and by the way, GGG, please pay attention to potential grab hacks. I have spoken with quite a few people in the game who also have the impression that no matter how many times they click on the items with their names, someone else picks them up. If Blizzard was able to do away with that in D2, and You can't, well, we all know what that means.

Having said this, I just want to say that I am a GGG supporter. I don't regret being one because I appreciate talent and hard work and have the guts to dish out some dough if I feel they merit the support (and mind You, GGG is not an NGO or some such), but the way You're handling this item naming (and grabhacking) issue definitely needs a lot more work.
"
XCodes wrote:

lol... Didn't solve any problems?

The biggest problem was people where too brain dead to understand that NAMED timers meant chance for drops NOT entitled loot. People kept bitchn' up a storm about ninjas. So, removing the names pretty much fixed that.

"
CoreOnCrack wrote:

Play how you want to play then... No ones stopping you.

Last edited by Vooodu on Mar 21, 2013, 8:58:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info