Looting -- The official thread for discussing the loot system. Updated 18th March, 2013.

Just leave it FFA and team with people you find and enjoy to team with. I don't understand this at all.

No need for timers, or any complications. The ninja looters will be found out, the incredibly greedy will be marginalized.

Further, with all the different leagues I am sure that people will just play in the game settings they find best.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Just leave it FFA and team with people you find and enjoy to team with. I don't understand this at all.

The reason for fair loot distribution is to allow co-op play with strangers to be more enjoyable.

"
Wittgenstein wrote:

No need for timers, or any complications. The ninja looters will be found out, the incredibly greedy will be marginalized.

This is actually a misconception of what FFA loot really does, and the effects of it can be viewed in games like Diablo 2. FFA loot promotes greedy behaviors and actions; it completely destroys any sense of enjoyable cooperative game-play. If the only way to get a fair chance at loot is to play with friends or to solo, then it's not a very effective co-op game. It is also not very fun in my opinion.

"
Wittgenstein wrote:

Further, with all the different leagues I am sure that people will just play in the game settings they find best.

This is the only solution I can see; make a league with co-op friendly settings like permanently allocated loot, and this entire discussion is moot.
Happy Days Abound.
I agree. Make the loot systems a league option.
FFA (see op) you all should know the details of this from the first post.

The best 'fair' loot system needs to be decided. (some form of loot allocation?)

Both FFA and the fair loot system should be made into seperate leagues once both systems have been finalized.

We've all been arguing endlessly the whole thread. We will proberly never agree. The game will release before we all agree on the best loot system so lets make the loot system an option.
Wheither its a party setting or a league option doesnt really matter. Just aslong as we have a choice.
"
p0rt wrote:
I agree. Make the loot systems a league option.
FFA (see op) you all should know the details of this from the first post.

The best 'fair' loot system needs to be decided. (some form of loot allocation?)

Both FFA and the fair loot system should be made into seperate leagues once both systems have been finalized.

We've all been arguing endlessly the whole thread. We will proberly never agree. The game will release before we all agree on the best loot system so lets make the loot system an option.
Wheither its a party setting or a league option doesnt really matter. Just aslong as we have a choice.

This gives player freedom, i wouldnt mind if they would let us choose like you said.
As long as it's fair im staying silent.
Repent! That's what i'm talking about!
This is most important conclusion in this thread I think. Make different leagues and everybody can choose his way to play.
make it a game option, but not a league option please.

Dont wanna see 100 diffrent leagues with just a few ppl in each.
Could always just be a party option if people really really REALLY need this.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
The number of leagues should definitely be kept to a minimum required for a totally different game experience that the league provides.

This, at the very most, could be a party option.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Well, maybe it has been told already, but I kinda liked the concept that was in Titan quest. Boss orb (of course it is just for boss drop and probably subbosses if there is any). After you've killed the boss, an orb appears and you have to hit it so that it breaks and drops the items. Worked quite well. Maybe as a little addition to that could be a restriction on breaking the orb while enemies are still around (so melee chars cannot quickly destroy the boss orb and take the items, while ranged are trying to get there from a distance).
I don't see a reason to restrict the number of leagues. Especially considering that GGG has already said elsewhere that they will allow individuals to form their own leagues. If you wanted to pay to start a league with just you and a friend... though I don't see the point.. I also don't see why you shouldn't be able to.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info