Looting -- The official thread for discussing the loot system. Updated 18th March, 2013.

Its true most of the time a player can quickly annalyze what weapon they want. You will not be looking at every peice of loot's stats. You will be looking at the one of two items you want and see if they're worth picking up. After a battle they're should be a short time 3 seconds maybe to get items then move on. Remember that you will have these small battles 40 times(arbitrary guess) or so during an area. The more i see this discussion the more i agree with the default item allocation method.

This will not make everyone happy, but i realize that this is practically impossible.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Right. If you want to take all the time in the world to go through every piece of loot at your leisure then that's your own prerogative. Don't slow down everyone else with some arbitrary and painfully long waiting mechanic.
Forum Sheriff
Well as i said before i think the current system is good but since everyone want new ideas i just post one when i think of it.
Repent! That's what i'm talking about!
Well still its not like they only have to use one method. Some leagues can use one loot style and other leagues can use another. So i think all ideas are helpful in the end. Some loot styles might be better suited for certain leagues.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
So far it seems to me the only serious ideas thrown out there so far are:

1. timer normalized loot, where it is locked for a second or two, but everyone can see it.

2. allocated timed loot, where it is visible for a time to only a single person, and then everyone can see it.

The first normalizes loot for everyone. The second normalizes loot for the individual.

I don't really see how there would be any other possibility. Both are potentially valid systems that help alleviate issues that arise with pure FFA loot.

Personally, everyone seeing loot when it drops, as is in the first system, is the better more realistic system.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Basically, any loot system that forces (yes, forces) the player to pick up loot or lose it to another player, is too distracting.

This is 'force' in the sense that the player must be vigilant for the loot that was either allocated for them, or loot that dropped, otherwise another player will grab that loot in mid-battle.

yeah, it’s distracting, and that’s annoying, aggravating... ect.
Happy Days Abound.
I dont think that there is Fun and Balanced system for this. You have to choose more or less - you want it fair or fun. Its not always fun when there are to many rules.
How about a allocate all loot to Rustychops system. That way no one gets the loot and you will all be happy because its even and ethical.

also rares will cost 300$ real money if you wish to buy them from me. That way the people that win in poe also are winning in real life.

balance is made.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
The only thing that was just made is your ridiculous post.
Also remember at worst it'll be better than Diablo 2's system... and we all survived that.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info