[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

Hey Tyronis,

After the 0.11.0 patch, I independently figured out that lightning strike crit staff could be possible with the newly buffed crit nodes on the far left of the tree. I then chanced upon your build on Youtube and today found this forum thread. I decided to try this build starting from the Duelist tree, so it's a bit different. Given the differences, I'll probably be looking for slightly different mods on items.

What are your thoughts on it?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecEswUtCLEOrRQgFE0W-RhdGNsZLho4GlUb-h0UIWAl3yftKLUppTIJMok26DbpP_xAoEOcRmlHflBHUFBUSVSRVcZXDVfiWGNYrlivWfNbWV8_YEtgiGEhYVJko2VNZp5moGe9bmlwu3TtdPF35XrvhNmE74cph2qIOIzPj0aQVZBsmSuboZ2KnrmezZ-0n8uiAKQZpzCnhKloqZSrxayqud29gb6nwA_AGsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh42rnUuhm7Djub-8O707yL_Pd9kj22ve-99f60vuL

EDIT: Or maybe this one is better
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwEswUtDq0UTRb5GF0Y2xkuGjgb-h0UIWAl3yftKLUppTIJMok26TrhPC1AoEOcR35N41BQVElUkVXGV-JYY1iuWfNbWV8_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWaeZqBnvW5pdO108XfleA16uHrvhNmE74dqiDiI8YzPj0aQVZBsmSuboZ2KnrmftJ_LogCkGaZXp4SpaKluqZSrxaxZrKquk7Xytz653b2Bvoq-p8APwBrE9sauxtjPZdDQ0k3Uj-Nq51LnY-w47m_vDu9O8i_yRfPd9kj31_rS-4v-Cv6P
Last edited by mimivirus on Jun 7, 2013, 2:16:05 AM
"
drdaylight389 wrote:
Cool. I figured that would be the way to go.

This staff isn't as good as yours but I think it'll be decent enough to use. Will probably exalt/socket/link it once my character is able/close enough to use it.
Spoiler

Having fun with character so far. Just gotta get used to using him a lil more. Thanks for posting it btw :)

Just for the record that staffs dps is under 300. The formula for weapon dps is:

87+261+25+50+9+94=526

526/2=263

263*1.10=289.3

Its all damage added flat then divided by 2 (to account for low and high to create an average) then times your weapons base attacks per second, which is 1.1.

There should be a sticky somewhere with this formula because people constantly get their weapons dps wrong just due to not knowing how its calculated.

Either way thats an above average staff imo due to how many possible bs rolls they can get.

Im looking to reroll my 48 templar right now. It was my first character, LS templar but I specced him so awful he becamse unusable in cruel act 2.
"
Hey Tyronis,

After the 0.11.0 patch, I independently figured out that lightning strike crit staff could be possible with the newly buffed crit nodes on the far left of the tree. I then chanced upon your build on Youtube and today found this forum thread. I decided to try this build starting from the Duelist tree, so it's a bit different. Given the differences, I'll probably be looking for slightly different mods on items.

What are your thoughts on it?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecEswUtCLEOrRQgFE0W-RhdGNsZLho4GlUb-h0UIWAl3yftKLUppTIJMok26DbpP_xAoEOcRmlHflBHUFBUSVSRVcZXDVfiWGNYrlivWfNbWV8_YEtgiGEhYVJko2VNZp5moGe9bmlwu3TtdPF35XrvhNmE74cph2qIOIzPj0aQVZBsmSuboZ2KnrmezZ-0n8uiAKQZpzCnhKloqZSrxayqud29gb6nwA_AGsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh42rnUuhm7Djub-8O707yL_Pd9kj22ve-99f60vuL

EDIT: Or maybe this one is better
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwEswUtDq0UTRb5GF0Y2xkuGjgb-h0UIWAl3yftKLUppTIJMok26TrhPC1AoEOcR35N41BQVElUkVXGV-JYY1iuWfNbWV8_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWaeZqBnvW5pdO108XfleA16uHrvhNmE74dqiDiI8YzPj0aQVZBsmSuboZ2KnrmftJ_LogCkGaZXp4SpaKluqZSrxaxZrKquk7Xytz653b2Bvoq-p8APwBrE9sauxtjPZdDQ0k3Uj-Nq51LnY-w47m_vDu9O8i_yRfPd9kj31_rS-4v-Cv6P

Meh, It's much more efficient to start Templar.
How do you get so much mana for all those auras? Im level 67 atm, i can only use discipline, anger, wrath, and hatred
God, your build gonna makes me reroll a third time in Anarchy, well done OP..
hi guys. i was a resolute technique ls templar and after the patch, i made use of the respec to respec it into a crit templar. i must say that it has worked really well. before that, i had a dps of about 7 to 8 k, and i have no idea how i can increase it further. now, i can hit 21k with all my dps gears on. i am running wrath, anger, hatred, discipline, clarity. i am using a dagger with 210 dps and it cost only 1.5gcp. my gears are

the obvious iir and iiq gears are shown. the only thing that was super expensive was the chest. it cost me close to 20 exalts. none of the rest exceeds half an exalt.

there are only two problems with my build: survivalbility and mana usage. although i have about 10k armour and a 51% reduction without determination, a 60% with determination and a 70%with granite flask, my hp is only about 1,8k. it has very disastrous efdects on me. at the same time, i tried running wrath, anger, hatred, discipline, determination clarity and purity al at once, but was uunable to because of lack of mana, even though i use eldrich battery.

my main question is what js the best way to increase my hp, and how do i overcome
mana problems.

oh and btw, i use ls, multistrike, weapon ele dmg, faster attack, life leech and increased crit dmg.
ign: grandiloquentlin
"
hi guys. i was a resolute technique ls templar and after the patch, i made use of the respec to respec it into a crit templar. i must say that it has worked really well. before that, i had a dps of about 7 to 8 k, and i have no idea how i can increase it further. now, i can hit 21k with all my dps gears on. i am running wrath, anger, hatred, discipline, clarity. i am using a dagger with 210 dps and it cost only 1.5gcp. my gears are

the obvious iir and iiq gears are shown. the only thing that was super expensive was the chest. it cost me close to 20 exalts. none of the rest exceeds half an exalt.

there are only two problems with my build: survivalbility and mana usage. although i have about 10k armour and a 51% reduction without determination, a 60% with determination and a 70%with granite flask, my hp is only about 1,8k. it has very disastrous efdects on me. at the same time, i tried running wrath, anger, hatred, discipline, determination clarity and purity al at once, but was uunable to because of lack of mana, even though i use eldrich battery.

my main question is what js the best way to increase my hp, and how do i overcome
mana problems.

oh and btw, i use ls, multistrike, weapon ele dmg, faster attack, life leech and increased crit dmg.

You need to get life an every single piece of gear. This means you will probably need to sacrifice some IIR/IIQ and damage to get more life. Also pick up every single life node you are near on the passive tree.
ok thanks. will i reach 3k hp that way?
ign: grandiloquentlin
"
obscura9 wrote:
How do you get so much mana for all those auras? Im level 67 atm, i can only use discipline, anger, wrath, and hatred
"
obscura9 wrote:
"
obscura9 wrote:

Eldritch Battery with the Body and Soul armor/ES nodes as well as Armor/ES gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info