[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

"
Just out of curiosity - quite a few people seem to be coming in here doing staff LS templars but without kaoms. What's the point then - less dps and a lot less defence...

I chose this build because it is so dirt cheap, and I had a level 50 templar that I could use. I paid 2 exalts for that staff, and not a penny for anything else. Cheap build that makes low-level mapping super easy.

You are right though, I'm already planning out a better build for once I gain enough currency to afford it.
"
pangolin1247 wrote:
"
Just out of curiosity - quite a few people seem to be coming in here doing staff LS templars but without kaoms. What's the point then - less dps and a lot less defence...

I chose this build because it is so dirt cheap, and I had a level 50 templar that I could use. I paid 2 exalts for that staff, and not a penny for anything else. Cheap build that makes low-level mapping super easy.

You are right though, I'm already planning out a better build for once I gain enough currency to afford it.

Sorry I think I expressed myself a bit wrong. What I was saying was that for a crit base LS templar daggers will beat staves any day of the week. I paid 2 exalts for my dagger and can push dps to well over 30k whilst having 10k armor, nice block, 85% all res and a decent life pool.

Basically what I meant was that the only reason to use a staff or any other 2h for this build is because you can't get the links from the chest because you're using kaoms.

Having said that - this thread has acctually made me want to get a nice staff and trade my current armour for kaoms because the bigger life pool is just that attractive.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Yeah, thats one of the benefits - being able to equip kaoms. Ideally, I would like to get my hands on one of those bad boys in the endgame
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

"
pangolin1247 wrote:
"
BaronCrovax wrote:
low dps, i have 23k w iir/iiq gloves/boots , 83% all res, 6.5k life.

Rather than being a troll why don't you tell us about your setup?

my itens:

my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtBu4MfQ6tEH8UTRR1GNsaOBv6HRQhYCXfJ-0ppTIJMn4yiTbpOuE8LUCgQ5xHfk3jVcZW-lfiWK9Z82BLYSFjF2VNZp5nvW5pbqpwu3KpdEF07XTxd-V4DXq4eu982YTZhO-I8Yoij0aQVZdwmSubLZuhnrmiAKQZpMKmV6cIp4SpaKluq8WsWayqrpO18rc-uJO9gb6KvqfAD8AawPPE9saexq7PZdDQ0k3UUuLq42rnY-w47m_vTvJF89322vrS_gr-jw==
BaronCrovax ign.
Keep in mind this is a crit build - so yes, 15k DPS is lower than yours, but with over 300% crit multiplier, that ends up being 45k, and this is not counting shock stacks.

"
jtrand wrote:
Keep in mind this is a crit build - so yes, 15k DPS is lower than yours, but with over 300% crit multiplier, that ends up being 45k, and this is not counting shock stacks.

But your dps sheet is already accounting for crit damage. I see where having a gigantic sword like Baron's is probably worth it. Nice gear, nice build. Thanks Baron.
ahhh i see, that makes sense

"
jtrand wrote:

Also my tooltip is way less than my actual dmg because of accuracy. There are no lvl 83 mobs so my chance to hit is actually a lot higher than 76%.
"
Tyronis3 wrote:
"
jtrand wrote:

Also my tooltip is way less than my actual dmg because of accuracy. There are no lvl 83 mobs so my chance to hit is actually a lot higher than 76%.

+1

What many RT users fail to realise is that later in the game (at higher levels that is) this passive is somewhat of a false economy and look too much at tooltip dps.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
With the new melee buffs it might be more effective to run phys conversion, we'll have to wait and see tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info