[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

"
Pretty good guide I'd say and gives a good rundown for aspiring LS templars. After playing LS since day one of OB it took me until now to think about proj weakness as a curse - gonna try that one out today!

But what's your main point of going 2h? I can see a massive benefit if you'd be wearing kaoms but right now all you're really gaining is a few extra gem slots for backup curses.

Also being a crit based LS templar myself I have yet to find a situation where added fire dmg beats increased critical dmg as the last support - especially a quality one. If you havent run the numbers or tried it out yet you really should.

I plan to get a Kaom's as soon as I can. Also a 2H lets me get the 2H crit nodes by Templar as well as the Staff crit nodes on the top of the tree. Increased crit dmg is a good idea, I'll check it out, thanks!

EDIT: I forgot that I need to use Added Fire because it is a red gem. On half regen maps I replace it with Reduced Mana, and on no regen maps I replace it with Blood Magic.
Last edited by Tyronis3 on May 21, 2013, 9:38:52 AM
Heavy Strike (for ele reflect mobs)
"
agitosic676 wrote:
Heavy Strike (for ele reflect mobs)

Naa life leech and 85% all Res is enough for me to run full reflect maps. I just take small breaks in striking every now and then so that the regent can catch up.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on May 22, 2013, 9:47:45 AM
ur build seems interesting. juz a quick question. do u need a lot of accuracy gear since u r not taking RT?
IGN: Akeen
"
Kezman wrote:
ur build seems interesting. juz a quick question. do u need a lot of accuracy gear since u r not taking RT?

Not really - you will be overlvl'ing pretty much any area you play eventually and therefore have a much higher chance to hit than the tooltip will indicate. You probably want a bit of accuracy on some of your jewelry and your helm. I have about 800 or so added accuracy which I think give me a 76% chance to hit - but that's a lvl 82 mob and when I play I never ever think that "damn I missed that hit".
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on May 25, 2013, 11:35:31 AM
Yeah, I agree this lightning strike build seems more interesting than some others out there, mainly cuz its a crit build. But how do you sustain mana? (is clarity enough?)

And also, are we only limited to a ES/Armor chest cuz of eldritch battery?
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Last edited by jtrand on May 25, 2013, 1:16:31 PM
"
jtrand wrote:
Yeah, I agree this lightning strike build seems more interesting than some others out there, mainly cuz its a crit build. But how do you sustain mana? (is clarity enough?)

I'm currently using purely Armor chest and it seems to be fine. The only reason for EB is to get your mana up high enough to run all of those auras. I can run all of the auras right now without an ES/armor chest.
"
jtrand wrote:

Naa - I have 1.9k mana and my only ES piece is my helm so I can pretty much almost sustain using regent - but have management leech on amu as well (picked up the management leech node before).
Would "% physical damage leeched back as mana" work with this build?
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

"
jtrand wrote:
Would "% physical damage leeched back as mana" work with this build?

Yes it does but you need quite good management regent aswell to go with it - this is the way I'm able to sustain...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info