[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

Hallo, I was looking for a templar build, I am very impessed by yours one. So I have a few questions:
1. Does this build depend on gear strongly? First of all I mean the cost of gear with which i can do 66-72 maps. Will be 5L enough? I have never used staves before, so can you tell me average DPS of staff which I need to get.
2. What about mana managment? You rely ony on mana regen?
3. How to get high chance to hit? I cant find high accuracy items.
4. Can you include in description screenshots of your current offensive and defensive stats?
5. Also update information about auras? Why do you use Discipline? It dont increase mana for spells anymore ( I have just tried to use it: I have 1400 mana, when I run discipline I have have 1700 mana, but only 900 free for speells.
IGN: Javana
Last edited by Orlog on Mar 16, 2014, 2:03:31 PM
Alright humor me a little. I was a cyclone blender build not long ago and my wife and I just has a baby (well she did it, I was there though). So I haven't tinkered for about 45 days. I come back to a respec and having to move my bank around. Anywho.. I thought I would try this build out. Seemed to be a drastic change from what I was doing before and I didn't think I would really play enough to become uber with him anyway. I thought I could switch over to this with minimal investment and try it out. I'm struggling honestly, and I could use some advise.

Gear:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsOSBGWE54UTRSwFVAWbxb5Fy8XUBhdGYUZ1xo4GmwkPCSqJpUnqSlPMok26UbXSVFMLVVLVcZV1lfiWm1dxl3yYqxk52ZPbXtwUnC7cNV35X4zfll_xoCkgUmCHoKbiDiIa4uMjDaPRpBVm6Gdip2jnaqdrqIAoqOkkacIp1ynhKlorJiyOLUEtUjAGsBRwfPPZdDQ1p3a3dsL4XPjauOE5CLsOO0g8B_z6vfX-tL8qw==
I am only running around 3800 dps. Help me with a direction on where to go from here. I am able to run wrath/disc/clarity as auras. Lost as far as where to spread.

Last edited by christwit on Mar 19, 2014, 4:55:07 PM
i'm lvl 47 using this build, i starting become sooo strong, but i having some mana problems, any tips?
Nice build with LS, 17k* DPS makes impression
update needed !! :)
Alright, I'm a little confused...I know that this is an old build, but it seems like it has been updated (current skill tree shows, which means it has been updated since the last drastic patch). So...

1) This has been brought up before, but...ACCURACY?! It seems like you either need to go blood magic OR accuracy, but neither seems like a bad idea...
2) Why ignore the amazing templar ES+Armor nodes? I feel like every character I make is going through hell to get to those, and you breeze right by them? Even if you're going life over armor, the resistance alone makes it worth to at least go for the notable...
3) Why ignore the physical damage mods in the beginning? Doesn't physical damage convert to elemental, thus higher phys = higher LS?

Otherwise, I am very intrigued by the build and willing to give it a shot...I like the idea of a staff crit (very unique), and this seems more fun than 1-hand+shield LS builds.
I was wondering that as well. The build is a little older but it seems to still be a viable option. Has any of the latest changes has huge consequences on this build?
what to sell this perfect staff for this build!! please pm me your offer?
selling it because i got a even better staff for my lightning strike templar!!!
ambush league!!!!
"
Det_Nosnip wrote:
1) This has been brought up before, but...ACCURACY?! It seems like you either need to go blood magic OR accuracy, but neither seems like a bad idea...
2) Why ignore the amazing templar ES+Armor nodes? I feel like every character I make is going through hell to get to those, and you breeze right by them? Even if you're going life over armor, the resistance alone makes it worth to at least go for the notable...
3) Why ignore the physical damage mods in the beginning? Doesn't physical damage convert to elemental, thus higher phys = higher LS?...

Like you I'm also puzzled by those points so I rebuild the tree to look like this, I'll try it out report later.
Last edited by Kiltak on Jun 5, 2014, 7:34:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info