[1.0.5] Lightning Strike Staff Crit Templar Build - 17k+ DPS - Dual Curse

Hi, I am using this build slightly modified, and I am enjoying it a lot, except that it is hard for me to get high health and es, so I tend to die quickly on tougher maps. I am also able to run only two auras at the time.

Here's my gear:

What do you think of the staff?
Last edited by Mekonin on Jan 28, 2014, 1:23:08 PM
Hi, I'm really interested in this build, but can't figure out how you manage your DPS with such horrid Dex values! I used my free respec to start out your tree at level 51, mostly following your recommended progression. I've got 78% chance to hit, and it's only that good because I happen to be using a sword :/

I saved a few points and didn't grab any crit nodes in case I needed to grab Resolute Technique...but I don't have enough refunds to make it up if it's not useful.

Also, is it worth getting Iron Grip? My STR is 150 so far, I think that's 30% bonus damage. From yours, it's ~11 points, so maybe not. If I was already getting RT, I think it's 7.
Why I be able to run Arctic Armour? I found a way to fit in the build I just don't know if it would work.
New to the game. I've been following this build, but already ran into an issue with auras. I can run only one at a time. Wrath is my first aura gem as a reward but it's description says it reserves 60% of mana. Does thus change as it upgrades? I bought clarity off another player and it only reserved 100 mana at the gem's lvl1.

EDIT: seems you can get nodes to lower mana cost. At level 32 I bought a reduce mana gem, that allowed me to spam LS while running clarity aura.
Last edited by clockcycle on Feb 10, 2014, 8:08:47 PM
Hey, i have been following this build and liking it so far, just curious though if its still viable with the auras new mana reserve?
Last edited by TALAMAND3R on Feb 18, 2014, 1:23:30 PM
And is the only reason we go staffs instead of any other 2 hander, or 1 hander and shield because of the starting nodes around the templar tree? Just curious if any one else has some insight. Im also very new to to this game still lol :) so sorry if its a really dumb question.
There are some awesome crit staff nodes near templar for sure and Tyronis has also
Kaom's heart to boost his life pool.

You can do a one handed and shield Templar.Daggers would be the best due to their high crit
chance.Something like this probably
To crit or not to crit ?
bmp^^
Now we need an update for 1.1.0
Would you consider dropping Inner Force for Sovereignty to help with aura management?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info