[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

If you are trying to maximize AoE radius (at all costs), why you don't put an "increased area of effect" gem into your armor (to increase AoE of "Dual Strike"+"Melee splash" futhermore)? Or it just doesnt work?
And, perhaps, it's better to gain/renew power charges with some other skill (Whirling blades, for example), so you can release one socket for something better. Or this isnt practical?
Finally, if you invest so deep into templar area then, if you dont pick +8% damage nodes just for themselves, then..... This build fits templar more than shadow, actually... I know, this is Shadow forum, but still... Why did you choose shadow for this build?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 22, 2013, 3:53:51 AM
"
You do not realise how huge these 'some' crits are.

If i take my build and change my 11 dagger nodes to 11 of your claw nodes, and also change my daggers to perfect Essentia Sanguis i will trade:
230% crit + 66% crit multiplier on 26% phys damage + 16% accuracy + 6% life leech.
This will make your crit chance 53% instead of my 90% and your dps 15K instead of 23K i have.
I have excel file that calculate my dps and i use it to see how much weapon upgrade will give me so i used it to calculate dps of my build if i change daggers to perfect Essentia Sanguis and dagger nodes to claw nodes.

So with your build you are trading 8K dps on 6% life leech + 300 max ES. You will also stun shock and freez 40% less offen. And i would like to remind you that each of my crits heal me to full es just with leech i get from blood rage.

As i told numerouse times if you go crit es claws you just get gimped version of dagger crit. I would say claws are weapon of choise for dw tank, not dps.

Thanks for the reply and input.

Thinking about allocation some skills from LL (since already supported from claws) which gives 4 skills to go for either throatseaker or bloodthirst.

I'll have to fine tune the build some more, but determined to make it work (even though I might not end up being the wolverine I set out to be  ). Thanks again for your analysis.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If you are trying to maximize AoE radius (at all costs), why you don't put an "increased area of effect" gem into your armor (to increase AoE of "Dual Strike"+"Melee splash" futhermore)? Or it just doesnt work?
And, perhaps, it's better to gain/renew power charges with some other skill (Whirling blades, for example), so you can release one socket for something better. Or this isnt practical?
Finally, if you invest so deep into templar area then, if you dont pick +8% damage nodes just for themselves, then..... This build fits templar more than shadow, actually... I know, this is Shadow forum, but still... Why did you choose shadow for this build?

I'm not trying to maximize aoe at all cost. Just at acceptable cost. I can't just put aoe gem because there's no room for it. Every gem i have is crucial for the build to work. and for 6L i already have additional accuracy ready that will give me +8K dps. Whole Flying branch will give me less than any of my current gem in dps. To renew charges with some other skill i would need to make attacks without dealing lot of damage - and that will lower my dps, lower my surviability (i live ecause my huce crits heal me), as well as add complexity to a playstile.
So yeah it's not practical.

If you look at the templar area you will notice i didn't took 40% mana regeneration node that is the the first i would be forced to take if i start this build as a templar. That is because i have no use for it - my mana does not end on no regen maps. So starting from templar i would have wasted a point for no reason. And first node in shadow tree give me 1K dps :) And most importanty i enjoy wearing pants :)

"
fabeldyret wrote:

Thanks for the reply and input.

Thinking about allocation some skills from LL (since already supported from claws) which gives 4 skills to go for either throatseaker or bloodthirst.

I'll have to fine tune the build some more, but determined to make it work (even though I might not end up being the wolverine I set out to be  ). Thanks again for your analysis.

If you are going to make crit claws you should make base crit chance on a weapon your main concern. Dump tha uniq claws - thay are not for a crit build. Make sure both your claws have 30% increased local crit. This will increase base claw crit to around 8.5 and this is the value that all multipliers will use from tree.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 22, 2013, 6:38:50 AM
"
If you look at the templar area you will notice i didn't took 40% mana regeneration node that is the the first i would be forced to take if i start this build as a templar. That is because i have no use for it - my mana does not end on no regen maps. So starting from templar i would have wasted a point for no reason. And first node in shadow tree give me 1K dps :) And most importanty i enjoy wearing pants :)

Yeah, as a templar you should pick une useless node. But as shadow, you also have to pick a worthless node (3% movement speed), and you get +6% attack speed and 24% physical damage for 4 nodes. As a templar, you have an option to take +50% physical damage (including bonus from +20 strength) for 5 nodes, and i assume +26% physical damage are worth 1 point and 6% attack speed, arent they? You also will have an option to skip +33% elemental damage and +10% elemental resistances (if you dont need them) releasing 3 skillpoints. They could be spent for attack speed node (+12% for 2 points), or somewhere else.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
26% phys damage vs 6% attack speed will give me 23300 dps instead of 23100 :) I have a magic excel file to calculate these kind of things :) So it's 200 dps vs 1 points + 3% move speed :)) on a 23K dps char. I acually value 3% move speed alone more that that :). And there's also pants - you can't beat that :))
Last edited by Xavyer on May 22, 2013, 8:33:48 AM
"
26% phys damage vs 6% attack speed will give me 23300 dps instead of 23100 :) I have a magic excel file to calculate these kind of things :) So it's 200 dps vs 1 points + 3% move speed :)) on a 23K dps char.

That's just an option, not neccesarity. If you value attack speed so high, you can put 2 points for "blinding speed" (+12% attack speed) instead, for almost the same benefit. So you spend 3 points instead of 5, 2 points extra for whatever you like.

"
I acually value 3% move speed alone more that that :).

+3% move speed are negligible compared to bonuses from boots and potion, aren't they?

P.S. Indeed, i cant argue with pants :)

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 22, 2013, 2:33:03 PM
I am going to take Blinging Speed on lvl 84.
Also 3% movement speed give 10% increase to 30% boots, While 200 dps give 1% increase to 20K dps :) And there's still 1 point more for templar, but everything is so unimportant compared to pants :)
I first want to thank you for this build :D I am currently 24 and following your guide.
I just wanted to know your opinion on Flicker Strike as by accident I noticed that when in blood rage I could just flicker all over the place one shotting mobs and as flicker strike use's frenzy charge's I could enter a flicker loop that was quite fun lol. I don't know what would happen if this was attempted later on in the game though lol :P

Edit: A few levels later with a better melee splash I am now starting to understand the build better lol flicker is only really good for cleanup. But is it worth using blood rage before getting CI as I think I am loosing more life from the debuff then I am leeching back atm lol.
Last edited by Godsdragon on May 22, 2013, 7:15:52 PM
Hi Hi!

Hey, I'm lvl 44 so far, how did you manage to not get killed? I have to use granit potions for extra armor cause they are destroying me >.>

Also, how did u activate many auras with only 8 buttons >.>
Last edited by xXHiroponXx on May 22, 2013, 11:07:23 PM
"
xXHiroponXx wrote:
Hi Hi!
Also, how did u activate many auras with only 8 buttons >.>

Choose 1 aura for 1 button, turn aura on, replace that aura with another one, turn it on, replace with 3-rd aura, turn it on. Aura won't be turned off if you change buttons.

"
xXHiroponXx wrote:
Hi Hi!
Hey, I'm lvl 44 so far, how did you manage to not get killed? I have to use granit potions for extra armor cause they are destroying me >.>

Of course we are mind readers. We can read on the distance what is inside your brain, and we can see your passive tree, gear and skill combinations. But we are such assholes not to reply on that.
Currency: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400203
For new comers: Ranger guide and 10 builds
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224/page/1
To crit or not to crit: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/466825/page/2
Last edited by volanchik on May 23, 2013, 2:24:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info