[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

video is pretty nice :)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Why wont you go down to IR instead of the templar tree?

With 20k+ armor and vaal pact you prob wont even need the granite flask.

Also you have access to a strong dual wield node and some more crit multiplier.
Ign: Ohjeahx
"
Ohjeah wrote:
Why wont you go down to IR instead of the templar tree?

With 20k+ armor and vaal pact you prob wont even need the granite flask.

Also you have access to a strong dual wield node and some more crit multiplier.

I go for templar tree to get increased aoe for my melee splash and +10 to all resists. No way i'm skipping increased aoe with this build.

As to why i didn't take nodes you menioned - as of right now i don't have free points. And everything that i took is needed and has very important finishers. If you have a suggestion what nodes should i remove feel free to advise, but i have a very strong theory and practice base behind every node i took :)

I plan to spend next 2 points on Сonduit as i run with a buddy that will appriciate +200% crit and +15% phys resist. After that 2 points will go to Deadeye for additional accuracy. Next 2 points will probably go to '12% attack speed while DW' in shadow area. This will be lvl 84, after that i won't expect much points, but when they come i will invest them in more shield if i feel the need on 75+ maps, or in more dps (probably Flaying) if survivability will be ok.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 6, 2013, 4:11:48 AM
You spend 11 points to get 20 % increased aoe, but you leave out 4% for only 1 additional point in the witch area.

If you go conduit, you can get 12% for 4 points or with the point you are missing 16% in 5 points.
You prob wont notice the missing 4% but you can invest your 6 free point for half the way to IR.
Also you will get 90 dex, with the 4% phys 8% acc node Nightstalker this will be prob be enough.

Ambidexterity is only 1 point (if you got IR) for 18% phys dmg & 4%ias.

I didn’t do the math, but I think it kinda depends on how big the aoe radius actually is. It could be sufficiently large with only 16%. Do you have numbers?

Also you kinda have a weak chest. You could either get resist, mana / int or a 6L. Each of this stats would let you respec a point here and there (resist/ 6L skip templar because you could use aoe gem, mana skip deep thoughs (3 points) and get 2 8% nodes.

"
Ohjeah wrote:
You spend 11 points to get 20 % increased aoe, but you leave out 4% for only 1 additional point in the witch area.

If you go conduit, you can get 12% for 4 points or with the point you are missing 16% in 5 points.
You prob wont notice the missing 4% but you can invest your 6 free point for half the way to IR.
Also you will get 90 dex, with the 4% phys 8% acc node Nightstalker this will be prob be enough.

Ambidexterity is only 1 point (if you got IR) for 18% phys dmg & 4%ias.

I didn’t do the math, but I think it kinda depends on how big the aoe radius actually is. It could be sufficiently large with only 16%. Do you have numbers?

Also you kinda have a weak chest. You could either get resist, mana / int or a 6L. Each of this stats would let you respec a point here and there (resist/ 6L skip templar because you could use aoe gem, mana skip deep thoughs (3 points) and get 2 8% nodes.

You have a good point if only i would feel IR will make my life easier but actually i don't think so. Weak phys damage is not a problem for me - i just outheal it. And as armor works now spike phys damage will just almost ignore my weak armor i get from IR. But spike damage is predictable (boss, increased damage auras, charging enemies, phys reflect etc) so i can just drink the flask and kill the threat. And i would still need to drink the flask in these situations with IR. So if i could save 12 points by drinkning flasks few times per map why not. Drinked it twice in my video - not a big deal. Also with my 30% evasion right now i avoid some hits that will put status alignments on me (like shock) and this is especially valuable for a Melee CI with aliment being calculated based on my hidden health pool that is less then 1K i think.

But i would like to thank you for pointing out that after Conduit i am so close to 12% more aoe. I will consider taking them if i get some more points. As increased aoe for me is both defensive and ofensive stat, as well as it just helps clear maps faster.

As to my armor. I sold my 450 ES 5L for 1 ex and bought this 700 ES 5L for 2 ex. So i just added 1300 ES to my pool for 1 Ex. I do know i can exalt it for 2 res and mana/more es, but this was a temporary solution for middle level maps (68-72). I plan to save up for 800 ES 6L, but that is arount 15 EX and i only have about 5 right now.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 6, 2013, 5:15:33 AM
Can you play a map with phys reflect mod?

A granite will let your armor spike to 10k? Grace + Determination + your gear gives you more than this all the time. So phys reflect wont be a problem at all and thus this will save you a lot of currency rerolling higher maps.

Also, I watched the video. I think your ES pool is pretty low. Getting Dream Fragments + an ES helmet will most likely raise your ehp pool and will definitely let you take bigger hits.

The build seems fun. I am just trying to understand your details. However, it just looks like a melee version of a physical wander which takes himself in a dangerous spot and need powercharge on crit gem :)
To get to 10K armor with determination and IR i would need to give up 31% elemental damage, 10% all resists, 8% area damage, 20% area radius and 22% of my entire dps in form of my Hatered Aura as well as my ability to freez and shatter mobs. I will also get shocked 25% more often because of the lack of evade. Don't think it's a good tradeoff for me for the ability to complete phys reflect map.

If i ever get a map that so good that i would not chaos it, but it will have phys reflect i will just use my firestorm marauder to complete it.

As to my ES being low. After i got to 4K ES i leveled 77-78 and didn't died once. I do realize that i can get more es with better armor and as i told before i'm saving for it.

I'll consider change to Dream Fragmens + High ES helmet, but not before i could find a helmet with 300ES + 50 Mana + 250 Accuracy + 20 Rarity and level my auras to lvl 20. And i won't spend exalts on it until i get a 6L.

And Dual strike do not work with wands as well as wands are not aoe attacks and are just projectle attacks. My build has 20K aoe dps with 220dps daggers that costed me 3 gcp each. And i will get my hands on a 300+ dps daggers with crit multiplier mod in time, so i hope this build will outdamage wanders.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 6, 2013, 3:11:23 PM
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on May 6, 2013, 3:38:09 PM
"
I've been a fan of the middle route for a while. The Witch nodes are just very meh. Conduit and Vall Pact are both amazing.

Without as much aoe increasing nodes as you can Melee Splash is not viable. It is really amazing when you do have a lot of aoe nodes and have really no sense if you don't. So no, middle path is absolutely not an option here, aoe increase from the center of witch tree PLUS aoe increase from templar tree PLUS 20% melee splash gem is what makes this build work.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 6, 2013, 5:55:10 PM
Is this build hardcore viable and what would be the best gem links on the gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info