[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

I dont think this build is for hardcore as he has no shield and require heavy attention during play. Well, maybe you can get yourself godly armor and then you will survive withour a shield. For example dusing 78-79 leveling i died once because i didn't drink a flask when i should have.

As for gems - they all are shown inside my gear in the first post.
For main skill its Dual Strike+Melee Splash+Melee Damage on Full Life+Increased Critical Damage+Power Charge On Critical. As a 6th i'm plaining to add Additional Accuracy when i get 6L
Last edited by Xavyer on May 9, 2013, 3:45:47 AM
Added 5 sec lvl71 Temple Map Piety Rape.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW38y0JW5NU

For all the grief she caused to my previose character )
Curious Question, but how do u survive early Levels with this Build? Playin this build with my first Char, lvl 28 and i get oneshotted by the Boss of Act 2. For me it so tough to play this, tho it is fun against white trash mobs and i rly want to keep playin my Shadow

Any advice for early game?
I trasitioned to eneregy shield at level 48 when i was able to wear my first 450 ES armor.
Until then it was some life nodes and these 2 daggers:

Payed 1 chaos for each of them.
Switched one at lvl 35 for this one:

And then at lvl 50 got 2 end game daggers.

With this build you really need to understend that your best defence is your kill speed. You need to kill fast as you are not tank with a shield.
Very important to get aoe increase from witch tree asap as well as quality 15+ melee splash as this is what make your crits hit a lot more targets thus healing you better and removing threats faster.

As to boss of act 2 - it can oneshot almost any character, it is designed specifically so players look at what he does and react. when he start shoting lightning run around him until he stops. When he slowly lift his arm - move asaid or he will oneshot you.

P.S.
"
captainkoji wrote:
Playin this build with my first Char

I must warn you that this build is extremly frustrating to play if you don't have freez and stun immunity because of how it is calculated for CI. It may be some time until you save 3 exalted on your first character to buy yourself uniqs that deal with this problem.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 13, 2013, 10:28:28 AM
Nice build, thanks for sharing! :)
Wouldn't "Deadeye" be a nice boost, or is there no need to take it?
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on May 12, 2013, 9:18:46 AM
Deadeye is the next thing i'm going after, It will be especially usefull when i get my 6L and add accuracy gem.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 12, 2013, 9:33:08 AM
You seem to only have 2% life leech, please correct me if I'm wrong, so it seems that vaal pact doesn't do all that much. Have you thought about using carnage heart, 10 or 12% life leech with your dmg would be insane
I have Blood Rage always on and this give me 7% more life leech for a total of 9%
As to Carnage Heart - you can't leech life when you are stunlocked.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 13, 2013, 10:06:30 AM
I have a build quite similar to yours =), except that I'm a ranger and have a lot of armor ( IR )/frenzy charges, I don't have as much dps as you do, maybe I should get maligaro's virtuosity though ( and adder's touch prolly ).

Good build you have, is the granite flask enough not to get one shot by the map version of Brutus ?

For links, I'm using a 5L dual strike + melee splash + faster attacks + melee dmg on full life + increased critical dmg.
I will change faster attacks for melee physical dmg quite soon ( as soon as the chest I'm crafting has the good rolls :S ), and if I ever get a 6L, I shall have both since the colors of the chest are already ready for this.

I don't see how increased accuracy would be more efficient than melee physical dmg for you if you get 6L.

Great build, I'm looking forward to what it'll become =)

PS : your first dagger is RIDICULOUS !
And you got most of your stuff for a really good price.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 13, 2013, 10:13:27 AM
Usually Brutus just permafreeze from my hatered aura+crits and die without landing a blow. :) But if he does i can survive it and heal myself back.

I get high dps from crits. And accuracy is crit's worst enemy because you roll your hit chance to know if you attack landed and then roll AGAIN to know if you crit is actually a crit. So to have a crit you need to roll your hit chance, your crit chance and then your hit chance AGAIN. Second hit check for crit is not being shown in tooltip dps now (bug) so that's why it show you more dps when you add melee damage gem, but you actually land less crit and have less dps that is shown on your tooltip.

Most of the time ppl don't have high dps because to make a good crit build you should invest heavily in crit chance. This means, crits go form being meh at low levels to being 5sec Temple Piety Rape at 90% i have (well actually lower because of accuracy). And to achive high crit you need weapons with crit base mod + a lot of crits from tree + maligaro + 2 daggers for crit increases on them + as much power charges as you can get.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 13, 2013, 12:08:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info