[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Well, I have something like 45%crit chance with my right hand and 35% with the left hand at the moment ( without bonuses else than from the dagger, from my gear ), so I think I lack multipliers ( I have over 300 dext since I'm a ranger, and there are accuracy nodes to get the +125%crit chance for DW near Iron Reflexes, so I don't think I have a real need for more accuracy over more dmg/crit multiplier/crit chance atm ).
But it's good to know still.
My dps is too low to freeze bosses, I don't freeze rare monsters often actually, the rest just shaters to death almost all the time thought.

I'm not using power charges either, I already have 7 frenzy charges, I don't want to use another mechanic to get charges =/ especially since it takes one slot on my equipment.
I could quite easily get 5 power charge ..... I'm wondering if that'd be worth sacrifying one link and maybe 6 points on the build.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Furz you ask very good question. How good is Power Charge on critical. Let's find out.

We know that Melee Physical damage adds 47% mode physical dps. My Physical dps is 70% of my total Dps. Other 30% are elemental dps from auras. This means Melee physical gem increase my total dps by 0.47*0.7= 33%. So by adding Melee Physical to my main skill i win 33% total dps.

I have 20%+66% increased crit multiplier from passives in the tree, 49% from Maligaro and 137% from Critical gem. My Total increased crit multiplier is 262%. By base crit bultiplies is 150% as every character has. This mean my total crit multiplier is 1.5+1.5*2.62=543%. When i add my curse it hase 94% more crit damage. This way my Total crit multiplier with curse is 543%*1.94=1053%. This means that my crit does 10 times more damage that my regular attack.

Now my dagger have 9% base crit chance. Crit increase from Power Chargers are 300% (i have 6 as i took one form bandit quest). This means i get +27% flat crit chance.

Now let's compare. With 9 base crit on my dagger i have 90% crit chance with Power charges and 63% without them. Let's presume my base dps without crits is 100.

My total dps without any of the 2 gems will be: 100*0.63*10.53=663
My total dps with Melee Phys Dmg gems will be: 100*1.33*0.63*10.53=882
My total dps with Power Charge On Crit gems will be: 100*0.9*10.53=947

Melee Physical Damage increase my dps by 33%
Power Charge On Crit increase my dps by 42%

TL;DR:
I did all this calculations to better show the idea that as long as Power Charge increase your crit by more than Melee Gem increase your total dmg (including elemental) Power charge wins. In my case differense is between 63 crit and 90 crit - 42% increase while melee adds only 33% to my total dps part of witch is elemental from auras.

Last edited by Xavyer on May 13, 2013, 3:48:46 PM
Don't you forget the fact that hatred is calculated from physical dmg ? :p

The difference should be quite smaller ( if I consider 15% of your elemental damage from hatred, so augmented by physical damage increase, that would make 0.47*0.85 = 39,95% increase, so 100*1.4*0.63*10.53 = 929, difference becomes quite small =) ).

I'm not using curses because I don't like the design, the mechanic of it, I didn't know that this one was that powerful ! 100% more damage ... wow.
More dmg and less chance to crit means also a longer freeze duration.

I don't wanna change my socket's colors :p
I'll do the maths to know which from increasd crit dmg and power charge on crit is better for me =).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 13, 2013, 10:06:24 PM
Furz, you right i missed hatered being dependant on phys dmg. And with Inner fire this means even more. So with pure phys weapons melee phys vs 6 Power charges becomes almost the same dps.
With one important exception. It is the same on bosses who have lots of HP. On most other mobs more non crit dmg vs more crit chance means difference in the number of hits to kill them as crits are oneshots. Also on bosses crits means applying shock and freeze.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 14, 2013, 3:28:34 AM
As some ppl asked me i just added a leveling guide to the bottom of first post.
Just wanted to say "Hey Thanks" for the Leveling Guide. Helps Alot!
trying this out now,thanks!
If you can't control it, STOP.
Hey, it's me again. I read the thread and have some points you should think about:
- How much points did you invest into power charges?
- How long does it take to ramp up your dps/ building up the charges?
- Did you consider your dmg vs high armor targets? Without the right scaling red=ar/(ar+dmg).
- Have you thought about the upcoming changes of for physical crits? They plan to add a guaranteed stun.

Ign: Ohjeahx
- I took 2 power charges from tree and one from quest. Didn't go for them specificly they just were adjustent.
- Usually it's around 8 hits. It's first 4 seconds of the map ) They only fall if i run through the map and noone's alive. I never found myself wating for them - they just always on based on my exp.
- What should i consider about them? we don't have info about mob's armor. But when your crit have 90% chance and boost your phys x10 times i don't thinks mob armor actually matters. :)
- If they allow guaranteed stun against bosses i'l probably stunlock them all :) But apart from them i already freeze/stun everyone else on crits.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 16, 2013, 6:16:14 AM
Can you please tell us what gems use on what equipment before lvl 50?

I am making your build but I really really need help on that, no idea what gems or equipment before lvl 50 and the best links for them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info