[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Dunno if someone already have asked this, but - what is your opinion on multistrike instead of one of the melee dam sup gems.

I really like it because of the IAS, but is it too much of a dps loss to use at endgame? - While leveling i will say it's a must :)

P.s. awesome build and guide
Last edited by Fathervic on Jun 5, 2013, 8:30:03 AM
"
Fathervic wrote:
Dunno if someone already have asked this, but - what is your opinion on multistrike instead of one of the melee dam sup gems.

I really like it because of the IAS, but is it too much of a dps loss to use at endgame? - While leveling i will say it's a must :)

P.s. awesome build and guide

I tried that. Multistrike (compared to Melee damage) grants almost the same DPS, if you use some portion of elemental damage (like Xavier - Wrath & Anger auras, ele dmg in rings, etc). If your damage is pure physical (Hatred doesnt count), then you'll get a slight DPS loss.

The main benefit from using Multistrike is smooth, non-spiked damage. Non-crits or misses, even in a row, wont cause problems, and you'll regain health with cmaller portion, so your life leech cap will be higher, also you'll be slightly harder to kill.
The main cons are:
1. Higher manacost = you should get higher manapool to allow curse + attack combo.
2. Your "attack" actually takes more time to perform (~1.5 times more), even if there are no enemies to hit, your character will still swing, attacking thin air and becoming quite vulnerable.
3. Fast weak hits cause less additional effects (stun, freeze, shock, etc), than 1 powerful strike. So, you'll freeze, shock and stun less often.
4. Fast weak hits make you more vulnerable to FPS drops and desyncs
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
This may be a silly question but how did you get so many GCP and exhaults already to trade?

I think about of the 3 char's I've rolled and leveled up I have only come across maybe 2 GCP's ?

Multistrike lower my dps by around 20%, consume more mana, and i do not feel any need to leech faster, i can survive for 0.3 sec between my attacks. I really beleive multistrike is a bad skill for this build. You need to oneshot that's the point of crits.

To have some money to trade you need to not waste orbs on craft and just convert your alteerations-> to Jewelers-> to fuses at vendor and then buy gcp/exalts on the fuses you got in trade chanel.

Also running a shop with some good stuff you find helps. Just make a post with what your got and only return to in occasionaly to add new/remove old stuff. Ocassionally ppl will contact you and try to buy stuff from you. Don't be greedy and sell

Also i wrote a post how to not get broke if you are new to the game - take a look:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400203
Added update to the first post with how i handle reflect now.
Why CI? Do you think it increases survivability vs stacking life? Or is the interaction with Vaal Pack that you want?
Vaal Pact+Free leech(Blood rage, frees me 1 gem slot)+chaos immune+Melee Damage On Full Life TOGETHER with Melee Physical Damage (they are both 'more' so it's (1+0.49)*(1+0.49)-1 = 122% more physical damage from 2 gems). In other words CI gives access to best (no cap) AND free life leech in the game as well as give me the most powerfull dps gem in the game. I pay for that with having lower armor/evasion but higher life pool (don't include kaom users as you need to have 6L somewhere with 2 daggers). And when each of your hit get you to full life the only concern is to not get oneshoted :)
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 5, 2013, 12:22:01 PM
80k dps now?
Ign: Ohjeahx
NOOOO Xayer!!!!! I want to do a dual wield melee splash abysssus shadow. You've stolen my limelight. Nooo!!! j/k

Nice build btw. Similar to the concept I had, but hadn't gotten to. Except I would have made use of life and evasion, as I primarily like using evasive characters.

I laughed after watching your videos. I literally could sue you for copyright infringement. You practically play like me lol. Some might say my style is dangerous and reckless, lol, more life overly aggressive in a caculated way.

I'm guessing you're addicted to the abyssus like i was >:D. When you put in on, and calculate your dmg your head has a hard time understanding the numbers you're seeing. It's an insane dmg helm for any crit melee build. My dmg went to numbers i didn't even think were possible. I mean jesus christ.

I just put it on again. Lol at my dmg numbers.

If you want to utilize it, have you thought about speccing into some dual wield block nodes? I don't see how you cannot kill yourself on physical reflect unless you resort to using bear trap or something like that.

EDIT

I just put on the abyssus and tested it. It's definitely wearable this time around. I couldn't take a hit with it pre 11.0. Lol, i don't wanna use it, but god, that tooltip.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jun 6, 2013, 3:07:19 AM
Quick numbers recap after patch for my build:
+75% crit chance
+52% phys damage
+3% attack speed
+17% melee splash radius
+4% more melee splash damage to first target
-12% auras buff
-14% energy shield.

My ES Pool went from 4400 to 4100.
My dps from 60K to 67K

Also by my calculations if i move Inner force nodes to other dps nodes i will get 70K dps.

With +17% melee splash radius that patch brought i am now considering to abandon templar tree and go to iron reflexes like this:
Last edited by Xavyer on Jun 6, 2013, 5:28:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info