Selling a skill gem should be worth more

"
Pesegato wrote:
If you equip the level 1 gems on a high level char, these gems will gain level very quickly.

In short, with 1-minute twilight strand, plus another minute merciless Lunaris and you get 2 leveled gems

Your example has one slightly issue: the low level gem will need to update after nearly every mob you kill (at least for the early levels), I'm not sure if you really want to klick it that fast in this environment ^^ (and all xp from a kill that overshots the requirement for the next gem level is "lost")

Of course the system needs to have rules that prevent from abusing the startbonus, but for this I also trust in the ideas of GGG ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Shadowbladerz wrote:
40 gcp fragments needed for 1 gcp
Gem = 1 gcp fragment
Quality 1-5 = 5 gcp fragment
Quality 5-10 = 10 gcp fragment
Quality 10-15 = 20 gcp fragment
Quality 15-19 = 30 gcp fragment
Quality 20 = 1 gcp like it is currently

Problem solved.

Some kind of gambling would be nice too.

How would this solve the problem when I could just start a new character, kill the zombie for the gem, kill hillock then sell said gem. Could farm GCP endlessly. Doesn't solve anything and crashes the economy.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
"
Zazzaro703 wrote:
"
Shadowbladerz wrote:
Gem = 1 gcp fragment

Problem solved.

How would this solve the problem when I could just start a new character, kill the zombie for the gem, kill hillock then sell said gem. Could farm GCP endlessly. Doesn't solve anything and crashes the economy.

All quest rewarded skill gems are data-tagged such that they don't work for whatever the sink is, meaning you can still clear them but only for an ID fragment.

It's not a huge problem for me (too many skill gems) but it would be nice, yes.
"
Shadowbladerz wrote:
Gem = 1 gcp fragment

Problem solved.

BTW quality starts from 5.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
Zazzaro703 wrote:
"
Shadowbladerz wrote:
Gem = 1 gcp fragment

Problem solved.

if you like to create 40 new characters and do 40 Hillock runs for 1 GCP (something which increases the quality of a single gem by 1), then repeat for every new GCP - knock yourself out.

it's not an exploit when it is you who's being exploited. think about it.

there's nothing wrong with being able to farm for currency, as long as that requires effort and skill.
it's a good thing especially considering Path Of Exile currency is primarily for crafting.
but crafting being actually gambling with horrendous odds, is another matter.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 25, 2013, 3:40:20 AM
So... it's been nine months since the promise of a gem sink. Any word on if this is still in the works/what the sink will be?
I would like a combine gem exp recipe. Got a few mid level copies of, say, fireball. Vendor with an orb of fusing and/or gem cutter, get 1 consolidated exp fireball gem.
"
evouga wrote:
So... it's been nine months since the promise of a gem sink. Any word on if this is still in the works/what the sink will be?

I approve this thread necro, 'cause I wanna know, too! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
+1 from me. A gem sink would be a very neat thing, maybe they intend for the vaal orbs to sink gems? But since the best reward of +1 gem level can only be attained at lvl 20(preferebly with 20% quality)

This sink will be rather weak.

@op very nice avatar :).

I approve of this necro :E!
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Me too. Good necro. I've just recently stopped picking up skill gems unless they're superior or one of the new ones. The problem with the sink is that there can't be any value placed on gems that come from quest rewards or from start up. Only drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info