Selling a skill gem should be worth more

Has anyone heard of Rappelz? In Rappelz you are required to combine TWO skill cards of the same type and + (level) to make ONE card the level above, with an increasing chance to fail the higher the + you are trying to make it.

For example, in PoE terms :

Vitality q1 + Vitality q1 = Vitality q2 (Q - Quality)
Vitality q2 + Vitality q2 = Vitality q3

Now, it could be considered a rough way to level gems, however, your still talking about low level 'garbage' gems ... you know, the EASY ones to acquire.

Lets say you have a q13 and your going to use it to Q up the gem you want to combine.

Vitality q2 + Vitality q12 = Vitality q7 (removing the extra Quality from the higher gem then / by 2 and adding that number to the final level gem.)

As for the failure chance, if desired, it could be reduced by the level of the gem itself, not the Quality.

Just something I was thinking about. Take it with a grain if so desired.

-Me
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Since skill gems are given as quest rewards, they're far too easy to farm if players feel that it's worthwhile.

Could make it so the gem's need to be leveled before the recipes work - even if it's just level 5.

So even if you did the 'farm Twilight Stand over and over and over' to stock up on gems - you would need to spend some time leveling them before they would be useful for recipes.
So call me a necrophiliac for reviving this dead thread (hey I have a summoner toon as well!) but anyways.. haven't heard anything on this front for over a year. Any chance for an update on gem sinks?

...btw.. the current ring/amulet part is not enough.. I have nearly 4 stash tabs full of gems and thats WITH giving away tons of common gems to newbs. I've been holding onto them waiting patiently for new gem sink. Thanks in advance! Great game folks.. thanks for your hard work!
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
I'd like to get a vendor recipe like 5 gems sold = ANY kind of gem offered (quality or not), but you are -forced- to sell when offered. So if you try and back out, you still "seal the deal".
"
Chris wrote:
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!

Why not make a gem recipe to upgrade current gems?

10% random gem + 10% random gem + 0% gem = 10% version of the non-quality gem you picked.

It's stupid how casters have level 18 0% quality gems on new seasons and then they pick up a 20% gem that they can't use because it's gimped trash for another 200 hours.
"
Kyliathy wrote:
... Even on a Level 1 Skill Gem we should receive more than a piece of Scroll Of Wisdom...

Or a SUIT OF ARMOR for that matter :P
You know, you don't have to pick up that gem drop that you already have 5 of in your stash.
They only take up space if you let them.

Go give your excess gems to newbs and only pick up gems if they are rarer or you are likely to use them.

People hoard junk, then complain when it's worthless.
I don't even.
Lock, plz
i think unused gems should be treated like poker chips
they should have a vendor that only accepts them and you use them to gamble for random items/gems
"
Chris wrote:
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!

but but

it feels so rewarding selling skill gems for a scroll of wisdm
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info