Selling a skill gem should be worth more

and now I am going to hold onto every gem in existance.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
An alternative to my consolidate gem exp recipe; change the decrease gem level recipe to trade in a gem and regret (which seems to make more sense than a scouring?) and put in a new recipe to trade in a gem and scouring to get a Gem Experience orb/fragment/whatever. Amount of exp current in the sold gem will be converted at a fair rate to the orb/fragment/whatever so you can transfer it to another gem. The item could be some kind of white gem that stored the experience but cannot be leveled.

I like potential uses for this: Encourages trading of mid-leveled gems, helps clean up unwanted gems a character may have used in leveling up, and would be interesting as an option to help convert a leveled Empower/Enhance/Enlighten into leveling up a gem to level 20. Even though that would be kind of a waste.
Last edited by Tyrfalger on Mar 23, 2014, 1:19:30 AM
"
Letamol wrote:
Jewelers or alchemy is a bit too much, maybe a chromatic. 3 gems of 3 colors should give a chromatic for example.

Come to think of it, there is always shortage of GCPs. They could introduce GCP shards(10 or 20 make 1 GCP). For every gem 10 gem levels sold you get a shard. So if you sell 4 level 8 gems that makes total of 32 levels so you get 3 GCP shards.

This way, term "orb farming" has a more literal meaning because farming means making things grow :)

At the very least, you should get 1 scroll fragment for each gem level.

i dont know if its really a good idea to do something like that, i mean in hc i have over 10 stash tabs of trash gems, just imagine how much currency that would be, on the other hand in new leagues something like this would be nice
make it so the vendor recipes require support gems which are a bit harder to farm through quest. also make it so u cant get vendor recipe for anything with under lvl 19 1st lvl gem requirement,,,prob solved

u have to think this ggg didnt make it so under lvl 25 can't trade for no reason.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Mar 23, 2014, 3:04:08 AM
gems should be stackable
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
"
Aetherium wrote:

i dont know if its really a good idea to do something like that, i mean in hc i have over 10 stash tabs of trash gems, just imagine how much currency that would be, on the other hand in new leagues something like this would be nice

To make gems work as any sort of valuable currency you would have to lower their drop rates. I don't think I'd like that- imagine having to grind for your main skill.
YES PLEASE

they should also have a vendor where they will reset your gems if you would like to use them again/restart your build

i know people will suggest trading with other people for it but the trading in this game sucks
i rather pay the vendor a certain amount and be done with it.
"
Pion33r wrote:
Here's my 2cents in the matter

selling 5 lvl 1 gems of lets say enduring cry should give 1 enduring cry with 5 quality. hence its worth while stashing gems while most quests rewards same gems over & over.

getting 20 quality using vendors might need 30 gems of same type to balance out the higher quality demand or something in that manner.

like someone already suggested single gem sell should give gcp shards or something worthwhile to sell them.

5 gems of same base type = 1 gem with 5% quality
11 gems = 10% Q
19 gems = 15% Q
30 gems = 20% Q

this is not a good idea at all.
There are a lot of skills that can be considered good with quality, and what this recipe will do is force people to farm hillock 20 times, or run to mud flats 20 or however many times to get their gem for a 20q one.

Basically if you make it too small a number it will become mandatory, if you make it too big a number then it will still be somewhat mandatory but now it will be incredibly tedious and only the people with a lot of stash tabs will be able to do it
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I really really like the idea to sell (leveled) gems for gcp's....

I imagine selling some of my "wont use them ever anyways" gems for a gcp shard, with increasing returns per level/quality (if id had any say, +1 shard per 5 level and +1 per 5 quality) and later use these shard to improve the skills i really use (20qual sekeletons here i come :D)

This would add something extra for the self funded players and i really dont care about selling them to others or do anything besides my inner hoarder that wants one of everything
"
Chris wrote:
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!
How about adding a decent selection of gems from the NPC shops, obviously scaled with lvl and rarity. It would make life a little easier for those who hate dealing with the current trade system. I'd rather dump currency on a NPC shop than nagging players for a 1 chaos skill gem.

There would still be a healthy market for rare, drop-only and quality gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info