Selling a skill gem should be worth more

I have been wondering if the new act would bring new vendors. It seems almost mandatory that a new act will bring new steps in currency exchange. Perhaps a Gem dealer is in there as well.

Just my two cents on it.
Mh maybe sth. like this: Sell 5 Skill gems and u get a random Skill Gem back *g*
IGN: kReiZy
"
Chris wrote:
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!

I know its an old solution but what about 2 same type same lvl gem would give higher level version. Or more likely higher quality version.

And special support gems could be made just from specific gems.
How about gem vendoring recipes.

So if you put in a level 1 red gem, you can choose from equal level requirement level 1 red gems. (so rather than just clicking on 'accept' you have to choose the gem you want, much like in the reward popup).

Also, if you stick in 2 red gems, you can pick an equal level requirement level 1 red accessory gem.

If you add more gems, it gets an average level requirement, and average item level, and color.

So 1 red, requirement of level 28, gem level 5, 1 blue requirement of level 20, gem level 8. Could let you choose any red or blue accessory gem up to level requirement 24, starting at level 6.

This UI would be a little different to what's there at the moment, but in some cases it's almost impossible to gear your character with the right gems, and a lot of people won't trade the ones you want - even for gcp's. So having a vendor that could let you 'choose' which gems you want to trade for (But at a price) would be really useful.
Multi gems for a higher quality one will ruin the GCP value and even the whole currency system, but for a quick level tweak it seems to be viable.
Another idea is to make gem parts of some recipes, says you need to sell full socketed rares for a divine?
Last edited by BesucherXia on Oct 2, 2012, 11:47:48 PM
Considering I can lvl skill gems from 1-10 quickly in high lvl areas, this would lead to only high lvl players gem farming.
I think gems should be assigned an item level based upon their level/stat restrictions and rarity. Add a new NPC like an alchemist or something that you can trade in your gems and receive one of two choices - a random gem with an item level similar to the trade in total item level or GCP shards.

The random gem's colour would be based upon the colour of what is traded in, eg. 3 reds = a red gem; 2 blues + 1 red = 2/3 chance of blue and 1/3 chance of red. Trading in one of each colour gives a small chance to recieve a colourless gem (eg. Portal). Trading in a colourless gem makes the recieved gem have a quality modifier, ranging from 5% to 15%.
What about a using Skill Gems for a Gambling Vendor? You trade him however many Gems you want and you get a random Gem in return. The total experience points of all the Gems you are selling will go towards increasing your random probability of getting a higher level Gem in return (think of it as working like Magic Find in Diablo). It should be possible to get any skill gem in the game this way, but the probability should be skewed greatly against the player, or perhaps have a cap on the level of Skill Gem you can get set by the highest level Skill Gem you trade in. This will serve to drastically reduce the number of Skill Gems in the game and give players something to spend there Gems on that actually feels like it's worth it. Even though you will most likely get back a Gem of lesser value than you put in (and certainly less of them) you will at least be able to find new Gems this way.

tldr: trade in multiple Skill Gems for a random Skill Gem at a vendor; the more Gems you trade, the more likely you are to get a better Gem in return.
"
Chris wrote:
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!

Looking forward to it. Selling gems just for one fragment seems cheap, selling in trade chat - a bit complicated and spammy (imagine everyone linking their collection of gems for sale). So my stash is now flooded with gems :). Open beta wipe will fix this, but not for long...

I think I'm just lazy to investigate which gems are really of any value and keep only them for sale. I'll do it in open beta with new quest rewards maybe changing value of gems. But still, a gem sink mechanic would be nice. Maybe even with more value for levelled gems!
"
Letamol wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I don't think they should sell well on their own, certainly not for prism shards, but I'd like to see them used in more recipes.

I don't know, selling 200 levels worth of gems to get one GCP seems like a lot of work. If that seems too easy, maybe make it fusing shards instead since there is not fusing recipe yet.

The fusing recipe exists. The first day I played this game I vendored an orb of fusing. I of course had no clue what that meant at the time. The whole vendor recipe thing was still confusing as heck to me and I had no idea what the orbs were, how they worked etc...

All I know is that when I first started playing I pretty much picked up and sold everthing that dropped. I also vendored by accident one or two other orbs that I had no clue as to how rare they were much less what combination of factors were involved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info