0.9.11 Teaser

"
hesmen wrote:

If you had a dollar for every month, how many dollars would you have?

Are we talking NZ$ or US$ here?
"
Lucalain wrote:
Did anyone notice there are zombie corpses on what appears to be The Ledge? I think this means something.

I think that screenshot is in a very hurried together random area, it already looks different in our internal copy of 0.9.11.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:

I think that screenshot is in a very hurried together random area, it already looks different in our internal copy of 0.9.11.

your signature intrigues me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter
"
Chris wrote:
"
Lucalain wrote:
Did anyone notice there are zombie corpses on what appears to be The Ledge? I think this means something.

Anyone else notice Chris just changed his signature from a bunch of rings and telling people he can't give them beta keys to now having runes and telling us they aren't runes?

Edit: I guess someone else noticed that.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by TheRabbit303 on Jun 18, 2012, 8:37:24 PM
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

Anyone else notice Chris just changed his signature from a bunch of rings and telling people he can't give them beta keys to now having runes and telling us they aren't runes?

Edit: I guess someone else noticed that.

I noticed name of this image - maps.png
http://pathofexile.com/public/chris/maps.png

It more and more looks like charms from d2 in my eyes. But why "Maps"? I hope i wrong about charms. :D
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on Jun 18, 2012, 8:43:16 PM
"
triada13 wrote:
It more and more looks like charms from d2 in my eyes. But why "Maps"? I hope i wrong about charms. :D

While I don't want to interfere with the speculation, I can assure you that we feel that Charms are a bad mechanic and we won't be having items that add stats to the player in their inventory.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Clearly it's a 7 letter word similar to D2 runes.

Edit: Solved it. It says EROTICA which is what PoE is.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by TheRabbit303 on Jun 18, 2012, 9:01:29 PM
"
Chris wrote:

While I don't want to interfere with the speculation, I can assure you that we feel that Charms are a bad mechanic and we won't be having items that add stats to the player in their inventory.

Perfect news!
Then we again returns to something around their names -"Maps".

This runes/maps looks like part of some puzzle, so maybe this is just parts of a map, just remember searching for Grail artifact in HOMM3, maybe in right combination they will bring you to great prize or bring a death to you. :D

Or maybe they add the same symbols(may randomly appear in an area)to areas, and if you have the right map, you will open this hidden stash.
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on Jun 18, 2012, 9:17:16 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
triada13 wrote:

What do you think about this Blizzard idea? I also think that takin away inventory space is bad but i always like this early concepetion form D3 and its sad thatthey remove this from the game (not only hi sbtw - they remove 3/4 fun things and we have World Of Diablocraft lol).

Ofc i talking about separate UI for Charms.
With separate place for large/medium/small ones (all with differrent affix pools ofc) this will be perfect for gear/char differrentation/customization/build complementation. Screenshot included:

Make this happen and i wil love you.

PS. On Topic:

Icons in Chris sig are new droppable maps that creates random dungeons/areas - each symbol is different 'tileset'. Using Chisel on map will upgrade quality = better drop rate im map created.
It is new endgame but i hope that they will drop through whole game or even will be buyable from vendor.
It will be cool thing that maps can be 'biased' towards specific dropa (like uberareas in MEDIAN XL for example) - some maps will have higher native chance to drop uniques, other more socketed/linked items items and other more currency items.

This is my idea/prediction.
The chisel would make it harder & better drops as most have already guessed.

As for the maps ... 7 new maps ... Maybe they are creating a special map unique to each character type ... the 7th yet to be announced.

Some thinking outside of the square is now required.

Looking at the symbols, I can imagine each of them representing each class, with 1 left over (the # could represent a balanced character type).

If I'm right, this would be creating a unique end game conclusion for each type ??

Would be nice, but doubtful.

In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
Last edited by Illysio_Nightstar on Jun 18, 2012, 10:22:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info