0.9.11 Teaser

Potions are low level. That would suggest that this is NOT an end game item/mechanic.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Potions are low level. That would suggest that this is NOT an end game item/mechanic.

Or it could imply that you begin to acquire bits and pieces of the endgame before you ever reach the endgame so that when you do get there, you have something to do.

Or it could just be that this person doesn't feel the need to upgrade their potions. The armor looks like it could be relatively high level (40s and 50s or so).
"

As seen from previous screenshots, GGG can generate characters with any gear at any level. I wouldn't read too much into the gear being mismatched.
Forum Sheriff
wonder if those chisels and maps are for that shield thing embedded in the wall in the Prisoners Gate (where u get to get thru the fast way to Aliras camp)? Get the map to a certain level and u can put it in the space on the shield (looks like theres room for something there) and you open the blocked bit - spikes vanish or something.. shrugs. My 5cents worth..
Maybe holding a map increases the map FOV so you can find your way through a dungeon more easily. The higher quality, the further you can see.
"
siffin wrote:
Maybe holding a map increases the map FOV so you can find your way through a dungeon more easily. The higher quality, the further you can see.

Nah, GGG would never make a big deal of something like that.

Also, "a map" not "the map".

I'm on board with the treasure hunting speculation. This might be the endgame they were talking about. I'd prefer if those maps took you to hidden dungeons, rather than hidden treasures right away though.

EDIT: You know what'd be awesome? Maps in the same normal-magic-rare distribution as items. These maps direct you to a hidden dungeon somewhere, and the monsters inside depend on the stats of the map... So you might have a map with +50% to monster health and +35% monster speed, and the dungeon it leads to has those modifiers (and provides more rewards in exchange).
Last edited by Falcord on Jun 16, 2012, 9:53:05 AM
I think the maps are probably region-specific, which is why you also need separate items to regulate the difficulty...
anyways cool idea!
"
FoolsGold wrote:
I think the maps are probably region-specific, which is why you also need separate items to regulate the difficulty...
anyways cool idea!

I hope I get the NTSC map.
They added a hint on th fan art ^^

An immense river of oblivion is sweeping us away into a nameless abyss.
"
Betergeus wrote:
They added a hint on th fan art ^^

bwahahahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info