0.9.11 Teaser

Hmm.. This makes me think there might be maps like in Torchlight 1. Except, with these maps, you can upgrade them with chisels..Hmm...
Life is too serious to take too seriously.
Yep, agree with the map to a treasure dungeon idea. Oooooooo friday teaser maps I SO EXCITED! :D
OMG - Only PoE can Beat PoE

That chisel is awesome - who came up with that idea? He needs to take a bow.

Really impressive observation skills on the rock in bottom corner of inventory. well done - I forget who spotted that first.
I'm BACK :)

Tbh i can't explain WTF is that..
That sounds awesome!

Can't wait to see how those chiseel will transform those maps!
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Grrrr.. don't make me upgrade my package another time GGG!!

Everytime dripping with Awesomesauce!!!.. well done!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Mythos style maps maybe?
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
Very, very curious indeed.

Also, kudos for the left-handed Melee Shadow. If I hadn't made my sword, that's probably what I'd have done, since CJ is left-handed.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
The curious thing about this is that when you look closely, it doesn't say "Improves the maap".
It improves "a map", and you have to click on "a map", not click on "the map".
So I guess the big news isn't that there are these chisels, but the whole new items class of "maps".

So the question is, what could maps do?
- it could be a treasure map, hinting to a random place at a certain level where a treasure is buried and the chisels make the treasure better
sounds nice, but I don't really thing GGG would have made a chisel in that case, becasue the game mechanic seem too cheap

-it could generate a random dungeon and the chisel makes it harder, drops better, or rares more probable
It's an interesting idea now that the new endgame is near, but somehow I doubt that a dropable item would be used for this.

-Maybe you equip a map, then go to a waypoint and choose that map as a waypoint to teleport to. Common and rare (only in drop rates, not color coding) maps for different dungeons could exist, maybe some that have to be played in specific orders. Maybe you get new dungeons when a party equip maps in a certain pattern.
Somehow.... unlikely

After all, I don't have any idea isn't too far fetched, but boy this is exciting :D
I smell treasure hunting as part of the new endgame ;P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info